"..3 Potential Landing spots for colin kaepernick "... yup, we're one of them ~ ~ ~ Article dated March 9, 2015

kelly

It has been about 10 years since I played Madden. No way would I trade Wilk unless he could not be signed by the Jets. Right now Kap's value is low. Clearly lower than it was in 2013/2014 NFCCG loss to Sea.

Get him for the value he is showing now, not on his potential with the Jets. Mac got Brandon Marshall for good value while he was lower than normal.

Two first rounders.  That's his value.  As opposed to the three 1st rounders or "we're hanging up" the 49ers valued him at 1-2 years ago. 

He's a young QB, not an aging WR like Marshall.  You have got to be smoking something good if you think Geno f*ckin Smith would interest the 49ers.  They'd laugh in our faces.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not a Kaepernick fan and I see things going from bad to worse. He has no touch on his throws I think he puts way too much velocity making routine passes to underneath routes to compensate for making inefficient reads. Teams can contain him pretty quickly as a rusher by spying him. Pass.

Again, is he an upgrade from Geno or Fitz who is Geno's back up?

Two first rounders.  That's his value.  As opposed to the three 1st rounders or "we're hanging up" the 49ers valued him at 1-2 years ago. 

He's a young QB, not an aging WR like Marshall.  You have got to be smoking something good if you think Geno f*ckin Smith would interest the 49ers.  They'd laugh in our faces.

Funny how all of a sudden you want to trade for him. No way two first rounders. One and Geno is my best offer..maybe a WR or two. We are very strong there now with 4 very capable players. 3 are proven vets.

Your simplifying it too much. Is Us getting Kap in exchange for Wilk and a first or second make us a better team? No

Just where did I say trade Wilk? Don't mix my posts up with others. Wilk has wayyyyyyy more value than Kap right now.

Just where did I say trade Wilk? Don't mix my posts up with others. Wilk has wayyyyyyy more value than Kap right now.

Kap for next years second I would do but the niners won't go for it until next November when they 're in fire sale mode.

Funny how all of a sudden you want to trade for him. No way two first rounders.

Because everyone has their value.  If the 49ers came to us and said "Hey, want Kaep for your 2016 1st?"  Of course you say yes.  Especially since it would likely be a significantly later 1st rounder than this past season.

But with 10+ teams out there who would line up to get a young QB like him, there's no way he's available for anything less than two 1sts.  And that's too high of a price.

Wilk has wayyyyyyy more value than Kap right now.

No, he doesn't, because he's a DE and Kaep is a QB.  Many teams out there are a QB away from contention.  Very few are a DE away.  The 49ers would much rather have Kaep and hope the lightbulb goes on than trade him straight up for a DE, even an elite one.

Your grasp of value is what is way off here.  You'd LOVVVVE to have Kaep because we're so QB-starved, yet don't recognize just how many other franchises out there are QB-starved and would LOOOVVVVVVE to have him too.  That's what drives his value up to approximately two 1sts.

Aren't you the same guy that said Brick is through a few months back? Those vets deserve a shot at a ring here with a better QB.

No. I said he hasn't been nearly the same player that he once was, and is coming off multiple consecutive mediocre seasons where he's been merely average in pass protection and an outright liability in run-blocking. 

He was a top left tackle for a while. He hasn't been that player for years.

It is clear you overrate Kaep.  He's not taking us there, sorry.  He's had his best days with QB whisperer Harbaugh and a super talented roster.  Those days are gone.  In order to get him we'd have to give up far too many assets, plus pay him 2nd tier QB money (Cutler/Flacco), when he's a middle-of-the-pack guy in reality.

Sacrificing future returns on a guy like him is not a bright move.  Macc understands we need a QB, and also probably recognizes that we can do better than Kaep.

I am not over rating him. He is a mid tier NFL QB today. This Jets team is stacked with weapons on both sides of the ball. Kap makes this team explosive on offense. He is a dynamic weapon. Geno and Fitz are not.

With this current Jets team, I really doubt that they are getting a top 10 pick in the draft next year. I would be adverse to giving a first AND Geno. Would you rather he go to Buffalo? They need a QB.

Go get him Mac.

Because everyone has their value.  If the 49ers came to us and said "Hey, want Kaep for your 2016 1st?"  Of course you say yes.  Especially since it would likely be a significantly later 1st rounder than this past season.

But with 10+ teams out there who would line up to get a young QB like him, there's no way he's available for anything less than two 1sts.  And that's too high of a price.

The Jets need to be scary for a change

I am not over rating him. He is a mid tier NFL QB today. This Jets team is stacked with weapons on both sides of the ball. Kap makes this team explosive on offense. He is a dynamic weapon. Geno and Fitz are not.

With this current Jets team, I really doubt that they are getting a top 10 pick in the draft next year. I would be adverse to giving a first AND Geno. Would you rather he go to Buffalo? They need a QB.

Go get him Mac.

Yes, and that "dynamic weapon" will cost you two firsts, or a 1st and Wilkerson.  So no, Macc will not, and should not, get Kaep. 

No. I said he hasn't been nearly the same player that he once was, and is coming off multiple consecutive mediocre seasons where he's been merely average in pass protection and an outright liability in run-blocking. 

He was a top left tackle for a while. He hasn't been that player for years.

Brick was very good in the second half of last season. Where are you getting this stuff from?

No, he doesn't, because he's a DE and Kaep is a QB. Many teams out there are a QB away from contention. Very few are a DE away. The 49ers would much rather have Kaep and hope the lightbulb goes on than trade him straight up for a DE, even an elite one.

Your grasp of value is what is way off here. You'd LOVVVVE to have Kaep because we're so QB-starved, yet don't recognize just how many other franchises out there are QB-starved and would LOOOVVVVVVE to have him too. That's what drives his value up to approximately two 1sts.

Kaepernick isn't good. Wilk is the more valuable player. He throws behind his receivers, can't really do more than one progression and has no touch. He made it way too easy for Sherman to own him.

Kaepernick isn't good. Wilk is the more valuable player. He throws behind his receivers, can't really do more than one progression and has no touch. He made it way too easy for Sherman to own him.

It's not a matter of who the better player is.  It's the position they play and the value they represent.  Simple as that.  Kaep is a young QB who has made deep playoff runs.  The 49ers would never, ever trade him straight up for Wilkerson.  Even after Justin Smith retired.

It's not a matter of who the better player is.  It's the position they play and the value they represent.  Simple as that.  Kaep is a young QB who has made deep playoff runs.  The 49ers would never, ever trade him straight up for Wilkerson.  Even after Justin Smith retired.

This is correct....and if they were crazy enough to do so we should jump all over it.

Keep still has great potential.  That entire team was a disaster last year - sometimes teams just fall apart.  I would give up a Mo and next years 1 for him.

It's not a matter of who the better player is. It's the position they play and the value they represent. Simple as that. Kaep is a young QB who has made deep playoff runs. The 49ers would never, ever trade him straight up for Wilkerson. Even after Justin Smith retired.

Mark Sanchez and Tim Tebow are qb's who made playoff runs maybe they're also more valuable than Wilk.

This is correct....and if they were crazy enough to do so we should jump all over it.

Keep still has great potential. That entire team was a disaster last year - sometimes teams just fall apart. I would give up a Mo and next years 1 for him.

If you watch Kap he has a lot of similar problems throwing that Geno has. He's just happened to play on a way better team and had a qb guru Harbaugh coaching him.

Is there any other credible sources besides what the OP posted as to KAP being on the Market. I just dont see SF trading him.

The 49er gm who forced out Harbaugh is going to want to prove he can win on his own but next season is looking grim. The entire defense jumped ship when Mangina was made DC and the offense lost Gore and Crabtree. Gore was the glue for that offense without him they will fall apart.

Come November when they're 1-7 and Kap's having a terrible season it will be a huge debate here whether or not we trade for him.

If you get a shot at kaepernick you have to take it. His contract is not bad at all. The problem is what players/picks it would take to get him and whether that would be worth it. The money isn't much of a factor the way his contract is structured.

Mark Sanchez and Tim Tebow are qb's who made playoff runs maybe they're also more valuable than Wilk.

As recently as 2013, Kaep was 7th in DVOA at his position.  That's the kind of upside the 49ers will be using to value him.  2014 might not be an anomaly, but that doesn't mean the Niners have dropped his value to them to the point where they'll take a 2016 first rounder or a DE (even a top 5 one).  They committed to him as their franchise QB and would much rather hope he repeats his '13 numbers than deal him.

As recently as 2013, Kaep was 7th in DVOA at his position. That's the kind of upside the 49ers will be using to value him. 2014 might not be an anomaly, but that doesn't mean the Niners have dropped his value to them to the point where they'll take a 2016 first rounder or a DE (even a top 5 one). They committed to him as their franchise QB and would much rather hope he repeats his '13 numbers than deal him.

Stop. You're citing phony stats from 2 years ago. The league has figured out Kaepernick and he doesn't have Harbaugh directing him that's why the 49ers are shopping him and his value has nose dived and will continue.

Stop. You're citing phony stats from 2 years ago. The league has figured out Kaepernick and he doesn't have Harbaugh directing him that's why the 49ers are shopping him and his value has nose dived and will continue.

Cool.  He still has upside in this league.  That's why Mariota was drafted 2nd overall.  Kaep will end up getting traded to the Eagles next offseason for two 1sts.

The 49er gm who forced out Harbaugh is going to want to prove he can win on his own but next season is looking grim. The entire defense jumped ship when Mangina was made DC and the offense lost Gore and Crabtree. Gore was the glue for that offense without him they will fall apart.

Come November when they're 1-7 and Kap's having a terrible season it will be a huge debate here whether or not we trade for him.

So this is all speculation, understood. Thank you

Archived