Ragnarok Mafia: Game Over, Loki Wins

Doggin94it

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

meh, wwwombat was who i thought it was, then we lynched seph and he was town let him off the hook. I did some reread and noticed the way Nae avoided every train and certainly every hammer and started to think maybe she is loki and afraid someone is a bomb..

and for christs sake, all i was doign was waiting for her to vote. She didn't even vote the last day!!

FTFY

and-we-let-em-off-the-hook-o.gif

we were never told anything about anyone.

our shot failed on you so I had you for doc, wombat for Loki, SMC, JiF for roleless, 80 as PR..  when I said I could name all your roles I wasn't lying.  I came pretty close.

Yeah, i figured i was the target n2 and that I was doc

As for balance, I think the fact that scum got destroyed as hard as possible but I pulled a win off by the skin of my teeth is a good sign.  Balance is obviously very Loki-dependent.  If I had been lynched early, mafia would have been in serious trouble,  Follow the cop would have been insane with those backups.  Mafia would have needed their RB and GF to stay alive a long time probably.  If Loki dies sometime in the midgame, then it looks very different, depending on which town roles died.  My knee-jerk inclination would be not to have two backups, but I really don't know if that would make balance better or worse.  Overall, the balance was really good considering how roled up the entire game is and how swingy Loki makes it.

Yep.  Except the scum powers were randomly distributed as well, so the RB could have hit scum, track could have followed scum to a kill and delivered those results to a townie ...

essentially, until Loki died, NOBODY had powers except Loki, who randomly sent those powers out into the game with no idea what effect they would have.

In fact, the whole concept for the mechanic evolved as a powered-up version of the Village Idiot role I put into my JI v. JN Border War game a few years back.

but town was left not trusting thier results, seemingly at all.. I think the setup favored scum over town for as long as loki was alive

well jeez..  I can't get everything right...

what you did with the # dynamic and Loki was real cool.  I wish you would have just told me my action on him was failing.  I would have used it elsewhere.

Heh.  It wasn't failing, though.  It just wasn't being used on Wombat.

As I told Kivs when I found out... this is absolutely hilarious... because on day freaking one you were ran all the way up to l-1... all it would've taken was for someone to either not realize you were that close and vote you.. or someone to get a hair up their butt and vote you just to hammer as several players love to do.  Great game dude.

bwahahahaha

Must've been cuz I glowed myself :winking0001:

As for balance, I think the fact that scum got destroyed as hard as possible but I pulled a win off by the skin of my teeth is a good sign.  Balance is obviously very Loki-dependent.  If I had been lynched early, mafia would have been in serious trouble,  Follow the cop would have been insane with those backups.  Mafia would have needed their RB and GF to stay alive a long time probably.  If Loki dies sometime in the midgame, then it looks very different, depending on which town roles died.  My knee-jerk inclination would be not to have two backups, but I really don't know if that would make balance better or worse.  Overall, the balance was really good considering how roled up the entire game is and how swingy Loki makes it.

Thanks.  Backup roles were active only as long as Loki was alive - they existed to compensate for the fact that town couldn't avoid mislynching a cop or doc by having those key roles claim, and doc couldn't even self-protect.  Basically, it would take two losses to deprive the town of a cop or doc.  Once Loki was dead, those roles become vanilla town unless they'd already been activated by the death of Cop/Doc Prime

Thanks.  Backup roles were active only as long as Loki was alive - they existed to compensate for the fact that town couldn't avoid mislynching a cop or doc by having those key roles claim, and doc couldn't even self-protect.  Basically, it would take two losses to deprive the town of a cop or doc.  Once Loki was dead, those roles become vanilla town unless they'd already been activated by the death of Cop/Doc Prime

Gotcha.  Perfect.

No one had a comment about the fact that the first scum to post in the scum thread said "this has the chance of being the worst scum team ever"?

At that point I thought we'd be caught because of the way we played - not how we voted.

At that point I thought we'd be caught because of the way we played - not how we voted.

how you vote is part of how you play numbnuts..

you hammer barm there and you stick around for many more days... 

Why not wwombat then seph since you are so smart? If only you had the order correct

And yes it is hindsight, all game you went on and one about how Nae was scum and had to be the lynch, (particularly the day aleine died), and then you voted allana instead the next day... Why? Cause you changed your mind a day later.. just like you could've on wwwombat

I voted Nae first and forgot I had voted... I didn't vote her instead

Man, you really are stupid.

Once all the scum were dead Nae wasn't a scum candidate anymore.  She was essentially cleared. I even said so on thread. Nae was only a scum candidate to me, not a Loki candidate.  Seph and Wombat were the top Loki candidates.  

You had no reason to vote for Nae.  None.  You said a "re-read" made you change your mind?  Why the hell you needed a re-read?  Nae's game play was well known the whole game because I made it known.  She would be playing too reckless to be Loki.  Anybody with a brain would see that.  Nae was never a Loki candidate.

how you vote is part of how you play numbnuts..

you hammer barm there and you stick around for many more days... 

I disagree.  I hammer Barm there and SMC's paint by #'s goes away..  I'm immediately suspect #1 for the bus.

I was in a no win situation so I played the angle of stubborn, confused guy..  and it was working.  Until SMC kept whining and people like Nolder got bored. 

I have no idea what Nolders ultimatum to me was about.  He didn't think I was scum at all.  That's another whackadoodle that I hadn't accounted for. 

I disagree.  I hammer Barm there and SMC's paint by #'s goes away..  I'm immediately suspect #1 for the bus.

I was in a no win situation so I played the angle of stubborn, confused guy..  and it was working.  Until SMC kept whining and people like Nolder got bored. 

I have no idea what Nolders ultimatum to me was about.  He didn't think I was scum at all.  That's another whackadoodle that I hadn't accounted for. 

It doesn't go away, he still was transfixed on hammering nae there

I had Seph as my # 1 and Wombat as my # 2, and didn't change from that. 

Exactly.  And we were agreement.  Just look back the night I died.

POE was 1) Seph 2) Wombat.  Town does that and win.

IdiotCTM decides to open the second day voting Nae rather than Wombat and ruins everything.  It should've been easy, but CTM ruins everything.

Man, you really are stupid.

Once all the scum were dead Nae wasn't a scum candidate anymore.  She was essentially cleared. I even said so on thread. Nae was only a scum candidate to me, not a Loki candidate.  Seph and Wombat were the top Loki candidates.  

You had no reason to vote for Nae.  None.  You said a "re-read" made you change your mind?  Why the hell you needed a re-read?  Nae's game play was well known the whole game because I made it known.  She would be playing too reckless to be Loki.  Anybody with a brain would see that.  Nae was never a Loki candidate.

so why couldn't Nae of been Loki? Explain it to me in basic colors and numbers

And playing too recklessly? LMAO.. SHE AVOIDED ALMOST EVERY SINGLE LYNCH TRAIN and numerous times said she wouldn't hammer.. that's the opposite of reckless, that's fearful

Exactly.  And we were agreement.  Just look back the night I died.

POE was 1) Seph 2) Wombat.  Town does that and win.

IdiotCTM decides to open the second day voting Nae rather than Wombat and ruins everything.  It should've been easy, but CTM ruins everything.

Actually lizzie switched and gave you credit  for it, dear leader

It doesn't go away, he still was transfixed on hammering nae there

Well he's dopey..

I WAS going to hammer the Ape as I mentioned 100 times in the scum chat..  I was just offline.

Had I been around to vote Ape we'd still be looking at lists of names with red and blue on them but half our team would still be around.  We DEFINITELY weren't killing SMC.

Even at the end...  Had Nolder not come in and essentially cleared Nae, you guys would have lynched her instead of Aleena.  We had planned to use SMC and then Nolder pops in and goes Nolder..

I hate that effin' guy.  Had no idea what the hell he was talking about the whole game.

Actually lizzie switched and gave you credit  for it, dear leader

You really are a moron.  Lizzie was wrong the whole game in calling me Loki.  

Lizzie wouldve had no reason to vote Nae there if you didn't vote her.  In fact, if Lizzie switched, it wouldve still only been 1 vote for Nae.

Be a man for once and accept your sole responsibility for being the reason why town lost.  You're a coward.

so why couldn't Nae of been Loki? Explain it to me in basic colors and numbers

And playing too recklessly? LMAO.. SHE AVOIDED ALMOST EVERY SINGLE LYNCH TRAIN and numerous times said she wouldn't hammer.. that's the opposite of reckless, that's fearful

BECAUSE. IT. WOULD. BE. TOO. RECKLESS. FOR. A. SOLO

There was no reason to vote Nae when you did.  None.

PLUS.  She gave you detailed results of her night actions, something Loki wouldn't have done.  Note, Wombat, claimed he targetted Pac and then himself every other night LIKE I SAID I DID.  Nae, on the other hand, volunteered a list of actions that couldve easily been vetted.

She also claimed to targeted me the night I died.  Why would she admit that as Loki.

Man, you're stupid and a coward.

You really are a moron.  Lizzie was wrong the whole game in calling we Loki.  

Lizzie wouldve had no reason to vote Nae there if you didn't vote her.  In fact, if Lizzie switched, it wouldve still only been 1 vote for Nae.

Be a man for once and accept your sole responsibility for being the reason why town lost.  You're a coward.

I admitted my error, multiple times, but I am certainly not the sole reason town lost. Actually, I'd credit you for that and your paint by numbers mafia that allowed wwwombat free reign till end game.

If you only had Wwwombat ahead of Seph... 

Try casing someone on content you dick

BECAUSE. IT. WOULD. BE. TOO. RECKLESS. FOR. A. SOLO

There was no reason to vote Nae when you did.  None.

PLUS.  She gave you detailed results of her night actions, something Loki wouldn't have done.  Note, Wombat, claimed he targetted Pac and then himself every other night LIKE I SAID I DID.  Nae, on the other hand, volunteered a list of actions that couldve easily been vetted.

She also claimed to targeted me the night I died.  Why would she admit that as Loki.

Man, you're stupid and a coward.

lol, how am i a coward? 

How many scum voted jetscode dear leader?

Somehow SMC is an idiot and I'm a sheep.  Yet somehow all we did was vote and lynch scum.  High five SMC.  F*ck the haters.

It's comical.

We lynched 4 scum in 5 days, but we're idiots.

CTM and Pac are reprehensible human beings.  They belong to each other.  

Archived