Camp Tweets 8/4

flgreen

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Winters and Dozier better watch out.

I agree. I kept wondering why Harrison's name never comes up when considering the competition for RG.  I know he is a rookie but Dozier, Winters and Aboushi have not exactly set the world on fire.  

Shaq Evans just dropped an easy pass from Fitz ... and dropped to do 10 push-ups. #Jets

Evans is not making this team.  PS at best

Fitzpatrick to Shaq Evans, again. Second year WR has looked good in camp. # Idzik pick #Jets #JetsCamp

My how things change.  He may be doing better than we think

Fitzpatrick to Shaq Evans, again. Second year WR has looked good in camp. # Idzik pick #Jets #JetsCamp

So which is it?  Evans is looking good in some reports and while he has had a few drops, I think he has a chance to make the roster if he continues to play well into the preseason; especially if Posey's injury keeps him out for a few games. 

1. Walls just gave Shaq too much cushion, Fitzpatrick found Shaq for an easy slant for 15 yard TD #Jets

0 retweets0 favorites
     Retweet
     Favorite
    More

Fitzy warming up in team. Throws to 81 before WR break, goes back shoulder to 82 and delivers a strike to Shaq.

I agree. I kept wondering why his name never comes up when considering the competition for RG.  I know he is a rookie but Dozier, Winters and Aboushi have not exactly set the world on fire.  

No, they haven't. IMO, Winters will be the first to go, then Dozier. I think they've looked at Aboushi at T, so maybe he survives for a little longer as a backup swing tackle. I wasn't expecting anything from Harrison just yet, but perhaps in a year or two he'll take over for Carpenter or Colon.

1. #Jets had camera/tripod on field during 7-on-7 drill, filming QBs. They're experimenting with some virtual reality technology.

0 retweets1 favorite
     Retweet
     Favorite1
    More

Jets had a camera on the field now, team spokesman says they're "experimenting with virtual reality." #Jets #JetsCamp

No, they haven't. IMO, Winters will be the first to go, then Dozier. I think they've looked at Aboushi at T, so maybe he survives for a little longer as a backup swing tackle. I wasn't expecting anything from Harrison just yet, but perhaps in a year or two he'll take over for Carpenter or Colon.

Somebody had better take over from Colon before "or two"

1. Walls just gave Shaq too much cushion, Fitzpatrick found Shaq for an easy slant for 15 yard TD #Jets

0 retweets0 favorites
     Retweet
     Favorite
    More

Fitzy warming up in team. Throws to 81 before WR break, goes back shoulder to 82 and delivers a strike to Shaq.

Isn't 81 Shaq?  FWIW, I think that 82 is Enunwa

1. Jets experimenting with virtual reality. A tripod/camera next to QB in 7 on 7 drills. Will be reviewed later. #nyj

0 retweets0 favorites
     Retweet
     Favorite
    More

Impressed with how Bryce Petty throws on the move. Two completions downfield in 11 on 11 this session while rolling out. #JetsCamp #Jets

1. Geno with a gorgeous pass to the front pylons for a 35 yard TD pass to Marshall who had Cro a step behind #Jets

0 retweets0 favorites
     Retweet
     Favorite
    More

Brandon Marshall celebrates a deep touchdown catch against Antonio Cromartie by flinging the the ball across the field. #Jets

Hey, if you want to give another team a starter, go ahead. With age and injury history of this team's top five corners on paper, it makes ZERO sense to get rid of him or Williams.

And from all accounts, Walls is having a very good camp as well.

If its him and Williams, WIlliams by a country mile.  I'm not saying trash him but he is exactly that, a 6th db on any roster.  Sorry don't see starter potential there.

Owusu & Ik

Turning it up a notch.

Owusu runs after the catch like a RB, perfect for burning 3rd string CBs & Safeties caught in single coverage.

I'd like to see Enunwa beat out Shaq Evans.

Why? What does Enunwa bring to the table over Evans?  I think Evans may be the more explosive player and do like Enunwa.  Would be great if they both excel and make the decision really tough for Bowles.  Right now Evans is having a good camp, despite a drop here or there.  

i wonder what the deal with Amaro is?  First he was practicing on the 2nd field, now he is running with the 3rd string

Maybe it's #accountability

He was getting into it with Rex.  Maybe the coach is sending a message.  That is what you all wanted.  I tend to doubt it and thing it is probably just them trying to see what they have and mixing and matching. 

1. Revis with a great breakup on Geno pass to Owusu. Read the QB's eyes, locked in on target. #Jets #JetsCamp

0 retweets0 favorites
     Retweet
     Favorite
    More

Owusu has been seeing Revis all day, Geno just tried to hit him on a 20 yard comeback which Revis undercut and just missed the pick #Jets

Archived