Camp Tweets 8/4

flgreen

1. Bowles on Wilkerson: "Day to day." I.e., like the rest of us. #Jets

0 retweets0 favorites
     Retweet
     Favorite
    More

Mo's hammy is still tight. Bowles said he's day to day. Not sure if he'll practice tomorrow

0 retweets0 favorites
     Retweet
     Favorite
    More

Todd Bowles says Mo Wilkerson is day to day and that the #Jets want to play it safe.

0 retweets0 favorites
     Retweet
     Favorite
    More

Mo is day-to-day. They'll air on the side of caution, per Bowles. #NYJ

0 retweets0 favorites
     Retweet
     Favorite
    More

Bowles says Wilkerson is day-to-day with his hammy

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  1. Until Stevan Ridley's able to cut, you won't see him on the field, Bowles said. As of now, RB is only sprinting on the sideline

0 retweets0 favorites
     Retweet
     Favorite
    More

Bowles on Ridley: "We're not trying to rush him back. We just want to get him healthy." #Jets

If anybody even remotely believed that they would have been traded at the draft.  If Bowles thought those guys were starters, or even valid nickels, they would not have brought in $30M in 3 top level CBs with 2 high(ish) draft picks coming off injury.  I generally stand up for Walls, but calling him a starter is quite a stretch.

Why the Jets brought back Revis and Cromartie has more to do with the inability of McDougle and Milliner to get/stay healthy. There are still question marks about them, too. It also had to do with the Jets having to spend a ton of money because they hadn't last year. We'll see what happens come cut time, but I think cutting either would be a mistake.

Why the Jets brought back Revis and Cromartie has more to do with the inability of McDougle and Milliner to get/stay healthy. There are still question marks about them, too. It also had to do with the Jets having to spend a ton of money because they hadn't last year. We'll see what happens come cut time, but I think cutting either would be a mistake.

Revis, Cromartie and Skrine.  They may well be nervous about McDougle and Milliner staying healthy.  They also must be nervous about Walls ability to "start".  Otherwise they would not have brought in 4 DBs getting starter money. 

You can't carry them all.  Revis, Cro, Skrine, McDougle, Milliner, Williams are my choices.  Jets have the best type of problems right now.  Too much talent even at the bottom of the roster.  Williams and Walls will be a tough choice, I feel Williams is the bigger playmaker imo and also younger with more upside.

Owusu sounds like he is playing well, he went undrafted in 2012 and bounced around, the new CBA needs to find a better way to develop young players, reduced practice times hurts these guys the most...

He dropped because of his concussions in college he ran a 4.36 at the combine.

He dropped because of his concussions in college he ran a 4.36 at the combine.

Multiple concussions at Stanford....heard an exec on Sirius NFL radio a couple months ago by chance having a discussion about concussions...I forget what team he said he was working for but he mentioned Owusu by name...said they loved him coming out of Stanford but took a pass because of the risk factor. 

Evans is not making this team.  PS at best

After 5 days of training camp?  Let's wait for a pre-season game or two, he's been getting plenty of positive press during camp as well, and seems to the #5 WR right now behind Owusu and Kerley

Theres been too much good happening at camp.

Darryl Slater ‏@DarrylSlater  3m3 minutes ago
Geno Smith with poor ball security. Scrambling around in pocket. Carrying ball loose. Leger Douzable knocks ball away and scoops up. #Jets

Finally theres my Geno!  Poor ball security.  I would have preferred he throw a pick :(

:face:

Brady threw a pick today too in practice.   C'mon, it's the first week of training camp, it's camp period.

Multiple concussions at Stanford....heard an exec on Sirius NFL radio a couple months ago by chance having a discussion about concussions...I forget what team he said he was working for but he mentioned Owusu by name...said they loved him coming out of Stanford but took a pass because of the risk factor. 

http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/chris-owusu?id=2532923

he checks every box athletically

Archived