Camp Tweets 8/4

flgreen

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If its him and Williams, WIlliams by a country mile.  I'm not saying trash him but he is exactly that, a 6th db on any roster.  Sorry don't see starter potential there.

And if that's what Mac and Bowles decides, fine. He wouldn't last a day on waivers and would be a penciled in starter on another team in an instant. He has #2/#3 starting potential, but they asked too much of him last season.

1. Geno turnover. Held on to it wayyyy too long and had it stripped away rolling right. #NYJ

0 retweets0 favorites
     Retweet
     Favorite
    More

Geno tried to hit Decker 20 yards down sideline Decker just missed the toe tap, only got one foot in #Jets

1. @MMehtaNYDN: Geno Smith commits his first turnover in team drills this camp: Stripped by Douzable while milling around. #nyj

0 retweets0 favorites
     Retweet
     Favorite
    More

Douz with a strip-sack. Geno under a lot of pressure and vet DL was all over him. No contact with the QB.

0 retweets0 favorites
     Retweet
     Favorite
    More

Geno Smith with poor ball security. Scrambling around in pocket. Carrying ball loose. Leger Douzable knocks ball away abs scoops up. #Jets

1. Geno Smith with poor ball security. Scrambling around in pocket. Carrying ball loose. Leger Douzable knocks ball away and scoops up. #Jets

0 retweets0 favorites
     Retweet
     Favorite
    More

Geno Smith's first turnover of training camp: Strip sack by Leger Douzable. Held ball too long and unprotected.

1. Three and out for Fitzpatrick and the second team offense #Jets

0 retweets0 favorites
     Retweet
     Favorite
    More

Geno Smith commits his first turnover in team drills this camp: Stripped by Douzable while milling around. #nyj

WTF is milling around mean? 

1. @MMehtaNYDN: Geno Smith commits his first turnover in team drills this camp: Stripped by Douzable while milling around. #nyj

0 retweets0 favorites
     Retweet
     Favorite
    More

Douz with a strip-sack. Geno under a lot of pressure and vet DL was all over him. No contact with the QB.

0 retweets0 favorites
     Retweet
     Favorite
    More

Geno Smith with poor ball security. Scrambling around in pocket. Carrying ball loose. Leger Douzable knocks ball away abs scoops up. #Jets

How do you knock the ball away without contact?  I would think they would be afraid of breaking his fingers.

And if that's what Mac and Bowles decides, fine. He wouldn't last a day on waivers and would be a penciled in starter on another team in an instant. He has #2/#3 starting potential, but they asked too much of him last season.

We'll agree to disagree on that.  Walls is fine but not starter potential.  If you think he was asked too much to do last season then I don't know how you think he could be starter?  Williams leap frogged him last year and was by and large the best DB on the roster last season.

Maybe it's #accountability

He was getting into it with Rex.  Maybe the coach is sending a message.  That is what you all wanted.  I tend to doubt it and thing it is probably just them trying to see what they have and mixing and matching.

Love Bowles, plays no favorites if you haven't proven yourself. That's what competition is all about.

There are only a handful of completely SAFE players on this team.

Revis, Skrine, Mangold, Brick, Carpenter, Mo, Harrison, Coples, Harris, Davis, Decker, Marshall, Folk.

There's guys that have the edge but most of the other guys on this team are fighting to be starters on this team.

Theres been too much good happening at camp.

Darryl Slater ‏@DarrylSlater  3m3 minutes ago
Geno Smith with poor ball security. Scrambling around in pocket. Carrying ball loose. Leger Douzable knocks ball away and scoops up. #Jets

Finally theres my Geno!  Poor ball security.  I would have preferred he throw a pick :(

1. Four and out for the first team, key was a drop by Bilal Powell, a touch behind him but should've been caught #Jets

0 retweets0 favorites
     Retweet
     Favorite
    More

Good day for Skrine, been very active ball hawking all day. #Jets #JetsCamp

They asked to much of him by asking him to start.  I believe he would get picked up quickly, but penciled in starter?  He is basically the replacement for Marquice Cole.  Stop acting like he is a valid 1 or 2 CB.

Too many drops, not enough ST value

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Probably.  He has all the tools though.  The return game is completely up in the air at this point.

Why? What does Enunwa bring to the table over Evans?  I think Evans may be the more explosive player and do like Enunwa.  Would be great if they both excel and make the decision really tough for Bowles.  Right now Evans is having a good camp, despite a drop here or there.

I like Enunwas size, very Boldin like. Evans has to beat out Owusu.

But I really don't care as long as they contribute.

Gonna be interesting to see which of Idziks picks after Sheldon shine.

We'll agree to disagree on that.  Walls is fine but not starter potential.  If you think he was asked too much to do last season then I don't know how you think he could be starter?  Williams leap frogged him last year and was by and large the best DB on the roster last season.

That's factually incorrect:

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york-jets/post/_/id/48077/jets-playing-time-breakdown-week-17

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york-jets/post/_/id/47668/jets-playing-time-breakdown-week-16

The last two weeks, Walls played more than Williams. And he was covering the #1 receiver most of the time.

They asked to much of him by asking him to start.  I believe he would get picked up quickly, but penciled in starter?  He is basically the replacement for Marquice Cole.  Stop acting like he is a valid 1 or 2 CB.

They asked too much by asking him to cover #1 receivers week in and week out. He's not Revis or Cromartie, but he or Williams, whomever gets cut (if that happens), would both be starters in the league this year for whomever picks them up.

1. #Jets' fifth practice of camp is done. A rough one for the QBs. Some wind and pressure, yes, but overall not very good. Just one day, though

0 retweets0 favorites
     Retweet
     Favorite
    More

Practice is over. The D won the final period every which way. Offense on push-ups #Jets

They asked too much by asking him to cover #1 receivers week in and week out. He's not Revis or Cromartie, but he or Williams, whomever gets cut (if that happens), would both be starters in the league this year for whomever picks them up.

If anybody even remotely believed that they would have been traded at the draft.  If Bowles thought those guys were starters, or even valid nickels, they would not have brought in $30M in 3 top level CBs with 2 high(ish) draft picks coming off injury.  I generally stand up for Walls, but calling him a starter is quite a stretch.

I like Enunwas size, very Boldin like. Evans has to beat out Owusu.

But I really don't care as long as they contribute.

Gonna be interesting to see which of Idziks picks after Sheldon shine.

I think it is fair to say Owusu is head of both Enunwa and Evans at this point.  Evans has to beat out Enunwa, not Owusu; who, unless he gets hurt, will probably make the team.   

Archived