Camp Tweets 8/4

flgreen

4 years of JETS RA RA...... Time to step back.

Yeah..Brady and Geno have similar practice habits.

:roll:

Yeah, that wasn't at all my point. 

Jumping off the deepend because Geno committed his first turnover in camp on day 6 is stupid!

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1. Guys in rehab area who aren't suited up: Mo Wilkerson, Stevan Ridley, Kevin Vickerson, DeVier Posey, Charles Brown. #Jets

0 retweets0 favorites
     Retweet
     Favorite
    More

Mo Wilkerson not in pads and in the rehab area at #Jets practice. (Hamstring.)

3 retweets2 favorites
     Retweet3
     Favorite2

Posey better get better soon if he wants a shot at making the squad.

Posey better get better soon if he wants a shot at making the squad.

Yeah I agree.  Coming in I thought he had an excellent chance to make the team.  Macc gave up a 5th round trade value for him.  he can't make the team in the rehab area.

1. Bowles on Wilkerson: "Day to day." I.e., like the rest of us. #Jets

0 retweets0 favorites
     Retweet
     Favorite
    More

Mo's hammy is still tight. Bowles said he's day to day. Not sure if he'll practice tomorrow

0 retweets0 favorites
     Retweet
     Favorite
    More

Todd Bowles says Mo Wilkerson is day to day and that the #Jets want to play it safe.

0 retweets0 favorites
     Retweet
     Favorite
    More

Mo is day-to-day. They'll air on the side of caution, per Bowles. #NYJ

0 retweets0 favorites
     Retweet
     Favorite
    More

Bowles says Wilkerson is day-to-day with his hammy

Err, Chris, err.

He dropped because of his concussions in college he ran a 4.36 at the combine.

Agree he has the ability, it seems like he just needed some more time to get healthy and develop

I just think the new CBA reduced practice schedule also reduces development time for these guys, maybe a larger practice squad would help

:face:

Brady threw a pick today too in practice.   C'mon, it's the first week of training camp, it's camp period.

I'm not grabbing a pitchfork.  Just having fun but I am honest in wishing it was a pick.  I can live with interceptions, I can't live with fumbles.

I would like to see some interceptions from Cro and Revis. Did they have any yet? Only reading about the "nearly" intercepted balls all the time. The only picks I can remember are the ones from the 3rd team against Petty.

Multiple concussions at Stanford....heard an exec on Sirius NFL radio a couple months ago by chance having a discussion about concussions...I forget what team he said he was working for but he mentioned Owusu by name...said they loved him coming out of Stanford but took a pass because of the risk factor.

I never understand why teams don't take chances on these guys in the 7th round.

I would always take a shot on these high upside, character or injury history guys there. What's to lose? My guess is about 90% of 7th rounders don't make it, 99% of Jets 7th rounders. There have been so many like that we missed out on, V. Burfict comes to mind.

I would always take a shot on these high upside, character or injury history guys there. What's to lose? My guess is about 90% of 7th rounders don't make it, 99% of Jets 7th rounders. There have been so many like that we missed out on, V. Burfict comes to mind.

Before I finished reading your whole statement I was already planning to reply and point out Burfict.  Not sure how I feel about it honestly because the guy is a colossal a-hole but I was stunned that the Jets didn't take a shot on him in the 7th round for the exact reason you mentioned.  Most of these guys don't make it in the NFL anyway, so why not give yourself a shot at a  player who may grow up with some mentoring? 

You're 100% correct and it drives me crazy when I see teams do it.

This part is classic.... 

"His greatest value is as a returner, where he will get the job done but could struggle at the next level to be highly effective as he has only above-average speed and will have a tougher time taking it the distance against the pros."

4.36/40yd ; 40" vert and 11' broad are pretty impressive for a 6'0" /200 lb. guy.

Wrap his head in "bubble wrap" and get this kid on the field "stat"

Owusu is supposedly looking good.  He came around at the end of last year.

Owusu reminds me of Pierre Garçon the way he plucks & runs. Similar stature other that Garçon having 12 LBs on him but Owusu is actually faster than Garçon.

Owusu looks like the type of player that will get stronger the longer he's in an NFL strength & conditioning program.

He really could be a nasty catch & run threat in a 4 WR set or getting the ball in bunch screens.

Decker & Marshall are BIG receivers outside when you get the ball to a guy like Owusu who runs like a RB out in space.

It's his quick acceleration that I noticed most last year & that is what makes him dangerous in space.

It's been a long time since we've seen a guy that with one missed tackle could take it the distance.

Marshall + Decker will be a huge PITA for opposing defenses! Our slot, 4th WR, RB on dumpoffs & our TEs should be open a lot!

Burfict and Owusu were both undrafted.  Owusu kicked around for a bit.  He was on the Niners and Chargers before he joined the Bucs.  Teams don't burn picks on guys like him because he isn't worth a pick.  There are tons of guys kicking around on practice squads with great measurable.  Hakim and the older UDFA CB from Virginia Lynchburg both ran in the 4.2s.  DaShaun Philips had a 40" vertical.  All undrafted.  They all have upside. 

Burfict wasn't just character concerns.  He was a slug.  His combine reminded me of Vlade Dviac smoking cigarettes at his pre-draft interviews. Drafting a guy like that makes it harder to cut him a week into camp for being an ass.  He also may have been a do-not-touch for some teams.  The Jets were coming off the Holmes/Sanchez/Hunter fight in the huddle and may have been trying to avoid trouble.  That might also have played a part in the fairly inexplicable Tebow trade.

Unless they are moving Howsare to FB full time, having a player who can serve as a backup ILB and lead blocker makes keeping a pure FB less likely

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

I thought that part of Bowles "efficiency" strategy included running a bunch of fields/drills simultaneously.  They probably just need another guy to stand in as FB, so that Bohannon does not have to run from field to field.

Owusu reminds me of Pierre Garçon the way he plucks & runs. Similar stature other that Garçon having 12 LBs on him but Owusu is actually faster than Garçon.

Owusu looks like the type of player that will get stronger the longer he's in an NFL strength & conditioning program.

He really could be a nasty catch & run threat in a 4 WR set or getting the ball in bunch screens.

Decker & Marshall are BIG receivers outside when you get the ball to a guy like Owusu who runs like a RB out in space.

It's his quick acceleration that I noticed most last year & that is what makes him dangerous in space.

It's been a long time since we've seen a guy that with one missed tackle could take it the distance.

Marshall + Decker will be a huge PITA for opposing defenses! Our slot, 4th WR, RB on dumpoffs & our TEs should be open a lot!

The long term prognosis for Chris Owusu isn't good. When you have numerous concussions , you're more prone/ Likely to get another one. football is a very physical game, and at some point is going to get his bell rung again. Chris Owusu is one hit from not only ending his football career, but having long term effects that go well beyond his football career.

unfortunately I don't know how much you can count on a player like this- that concussion problem is a reason why he wasn't drafted. It's a shame that promising NFL career going to probably be cut short by these concussions.

The long term prognosis for Chris Owusu isn't good. When you have numerous concussions , you're more prone/ Likely to get another one. football is a very physical game, and at some point is going to get his bell rung again. Chris Owusu is one hit from not only ending his football career, but having long term effects that go well beyond his football career.

unfortunately I don't know how much you can count on a player like this- that concussion problem is a reason why he wasn't drafted. It's a shame that promising NFL career going to probably be cut short by these concussions.

He was an UDFA so let's see how it plays out. Edelman had 2 concussions last year & he's already missed practices for an "undisclosed" injury 5 days into camp. Anyone who doesn't think Edelman was concussed in the Super Bowl when he was stumbling around after getting nailed are fooling themselves. You just never know.

He had 3 concussions in a 13 month span, but I don't think he has had one since 2011.  He has dealt with some foot and leg injuries and is a guy some people have said looks better in shorts than pads.

He had 3 concussions in a 13 month span, but I don't think he has had one since 2011.  He has dealt with some foot and leg injuries and is a guy some people have said looks better in shorts than pads.

Those brain bruises( concussions) don't get better over time , but they happen more frequently over time.. ( so many promising NFL Careers were cut short by concussions) How much playing time has he received the last couple years where he was playing enough to get hit. ( Jmo bigger reason why he hasn't had a concussion in a while).

the question The Jets staff is going to have to ask can they count on Chris Owusu staying healthy, or should they keep another player that might have a better chance of staying healthy.

Those brain bruises( concussions) don't get better over time , but they happen more frequently over time.. ( so many promising NFL Careers were cut short by concussions) How much playing time has he received the last couple years where he was playing enough to get hit. ( Jmo bigger reason why he hasn't had a concussion in a while).

the question The Jets staff is going to have to ask can they count on Chris Owusu staying healthy, or should they keep another player that might have a better chance of staying healthy.

Actually, they do get better over time.  The increased likelihood of recurring concussions reduces over time.  The guy had 3 in 13 months, the chances are they were all related and he didn't properly heal up.  Do you really think that he is more likely to get a concussion playing 10 snaps a game than in practice?  His playing time is irrelevant and no team worries that much if they can "count on" their #5 or 6 WR.  Keep the best players and sort out the mess afterwards.

Unless they are moving Howsare to FB full time, having a player who can serve as a backup ILB and lead blocker makes keeping a pure FB less likely

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

And more likely we can keep someone like Daryl Richardson who's speed is needed out of the backfield. 

Archived