Proof that anyone can write about the NFL

Jetster

This is from an article about the AFC East predictions for 2015.

4. New York Jets: The Jets have been tabbed as many as having the best offseason in the whole league. Yet, they are still the Jets and so that doesn’t necessarily mean much in the context of the whole picture. Cornerbacks Darrelle Revis and Antonio Cromartie are both back, which will give New York one of the best secondaries in the NFL. On the other hand, defensive end Sheldon Richardson may not even play this season, which is a huge loss for the team.

Where is the offense? Quarterback Geno Smith has shown signs of improvement, but no one knows if he is the answer. Maybe it’s time for a change, such as going to Bryce Petty, the 3rd round pick out of Baylor. All in all, the Jets are getting better, but they are still a few pieces short of being a contender.

Prediction: 6-10

"Yet they still are the Jets", now there's a great observation. He mentions Richardson with no mention of Williams. Mentions starting Petty before playing Fitzpatrick. Absolutely no mention of Brandon Marshall & how Decker now slips into the #2 WR position.

I'm trying to figure out why Miami is thought of so highly? A horrible Jet team should have won both games last year. They added Suh but lost everyone else on their D line but Wake.

In Buffalo Cassel has the weakest arm in the division & we already know the Jets are one of the best teams in the league stopping the run, so even though they have a very tough defense, our teams are similar but we at least have a QB that can make all of the throws.

I give the Jets the coaching edge too. Bowles & Gailey or are great combo, both are very even keeled men who should keep this team grounded & playing for 60 minutes.

Have a good feeling & it's great to be the underdog in the division. No more coming into the season with players telling everyone how great we will be. Do your talking on the field.

is this an article by a supposed "expert" or is it just some fan?

The guy is making predictions, which suggests he has some level of expertise that qualifies him to do so and put on a website. Not knowing the source, I am gathering from the OP's reaction that it was not a fan site. 

The sh*t you take after a night of binge drinking has more talent in it than that guy.  Keep it up!

Thanks...I don't plan on cutting down on my drinking in any way, shape or form.

Archived