Major opportunity early for the Jets.

Villain The Foe

too early to worry about playoff hunt but I agree it is a huge opportunity and would be a huge confidence boost.

But if they lose, will people say the season's over?

Probably a few and that's my problem. I never like the Jets when expectations are high, because they always seem to fail when expectations are high. Usually they do their best work when expectations are low. And I can sense from the media and from the fanbase that expectations are beginning to rise. I just want to take it a game at a time. We saw in Week 2 several teams that looked like crap in Week 1 look dominant and vice versa. 

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

But if they lose, will people say the season's over?

Probably a few and that's my problem. I never like the Jets when expectations are high, because they always seem to fail when expectations are high. Usually they do their best work when expectations are low. And I can sense from the media and from the fanbase that expectations are beginning to rise. I just want to take it a game at a time. We saw in Week 2 several teams that looked like crap in Week 1 look dominant and vice versa. 

if we lose people will ay we suck, if we win people will talk SB.  the reality is somewhere in btw regardless what happens.

Well, I'd like to be an optimist, but I don't think the defensive line put a lot of pressure on the Browns QB's in the last game, especially in the first half. Give Luck that amount of time and it's a long night for the Jets. I hope they get more pressure on the QB this game, they certainly have the personnel for it. If Richardson was playing I'd be more optimistic of eking out a win. 

This is really the only thing I am worried about.  I say put a spy on Luck.  guy is deceptively fast. 

Agreed.  Cant let them get a first start.  This is one of the games I wouldnt mind with getting the ball first, having a long time consuming drive ending in a TD.

Fair enough.  As I mentioned in another thread since this playoff system has been in place; 0-2 teams make the playoffs 12% of the time, 2-0 makes the playoffs 63% of the time.

I just think fans get a little ahead of themselves with season predictions in the first 2 weeks.   Last year at this time everyone thought Brady was done.  Look how that panned out. 

Not everyone, the Pats had a bad game against KC and that was the topic of the week....A WEEK. lol.  

This is my concern.  The Jets did not look good last week.  If Johnny Football doesn't come him and continue to give the ball away the Jets don't win.   The Jets did not look like a cohesive unit last week.  Some big play and good individual efforts.  It'll take some time, but they'll eventually gel...a lot of new faces in a new defense.

expecting them to beat a QB, at a home opener, after a loss - is a lot to ask.  Later in the year the Jets would beat a team like the Colts, right now they're just not ready.

Sorry guy, this one isn't close.  (hope I'm wrong)

I think you are wrong, remember the Colts have to play defense too and I think you are short changing our offense quite a bit.  It will be close

I think you are wrong, remember the Colts have to play defense too and I think you are short changing our offense quite a bit.  It will be close

maybe you're right. I give the Jets offense very little respect.  I don't think they're very good. 

17 points.  Which isn't going to be enough. 27-17 final. I certainly hope I'm wrong (I usually am)

maybe you're right. I give the Jets offense very little respect.  I don't think they're very good. 

17 points.  Which isn't going to be enough. 27-17 final. I certainly hope I'm wrong (I usually am)

You are. Jets 20 Colts 7. Have a little more faith next time.  This is not Rex Ryans Jets. 

Archived