Ivory out yesterday = NO running game

joewilly12

Kind of true.  Ivory is the one RB on the roster who can create some yardage and push the pile.  The other RB's on the roster just take what the line gives them.

I'm not even sure they did that.  Stacy is just ridiculously slow and I saw too many times where there was a crease for Powell to hit where he would have picked up 5 or 6 - but cut it back.  The line wasn't that bad - the RB's were.

The OL has looked like junk the past two games on the run but they weren't the only problem. Stacy blocks well but runs for crap. He might as well be our second FB on the roster.

Powell normally does not look this awful but seems to have gone out of his way to play lazy the first three quarters. He was making poor decisions and didn't seem like he was fighting for yardage.

-Winters stinks and is a HUGE liability. 

-When you have a noodle armed QB, the D will put more defenders in the box to take away the run to make your noodle arm beat them. 

-Stacy is slow and not sure why he's return kicks while we're at it....

-Powell is great depth but he's not headlining anyone's running attack. 

-Eric Decker being missing exacerbated the problem highlighted in my second issue

Does anyone have the numbers for where we're running on our running plays?

It isn't every single run, but it just seems like everything is going up the gut this year. The one carry where Powell kicked it out to his left (to no avail, and actually lost a couple of yards doing so) stuck out for me. He ultimately ran left but that was him improvising; the play was again for him to go up the gut between RG and C (I think that's where the "hole" was; trying to remember offhand).

I know our backs aren't speed demons who can just take make the turn around his tackle at will, but there doesn't seem to be a lot of mixing up. It's one thing for a D to key on the run. It's another for them to be able to key on the run and know 100% of the time it'll be between the tackles and 90% of that between the guards.

I'm sure those aren't actually the numbers, but it just feels that way.

Archived