Your 2015-2016 New York Knicks--Melo, KP, Fisher, Barnes & Gloria

SMC

Galloway's shooting was unsustainable so he's gone from superstar production to merely very good. If he and Calderon are our problem, we have no problems.

5 points a game on 24% shooting is very good? Calderone is awful. They turned it over on back to back plays within seconds of each other. Not good basketball. 

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

5 points a game on 24% shooting is very good? Calderone is awful. They turned it over on back to back plays within seconds of each other. Not good basketball. 

They're also our two most productive players with only Carmelo and Porzingis also being above average. With Calderon you can either be happy or right. He's getting traded which would be impossible if he wasn't playing well. Galloway is obviously going to shoot better than he has lately just like he was obviously going to take a step back after he opened the season on fire. When they play well we win. For the converse look at last night. Besides them everybody else put up solid box scores. These retards do what they do, do it well, and we're still sh*tty. What does that tell you?

Too long to paste, but great article on the Knicks by Zack Lowe on the team's bright future (not a misprint):

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/14262815/after-lost-decade-knicks-find-right-path

He has a lot of good background stuff (how Boston tried to trade for Knicks' 4th pic to take Winslow, Melo & Tyson leaving on bad terms, free agents being interested in Knicks but wanting to see vision where they can be the "missing piece" for a 50+ win team) and info I overlooked (the cap flexibility in 2017 when Westbrook and Curry are FAs).

This is his closing quote:

"The fact that we're even asking questions about the Knicks future is a happy sign after so many years of wandering the wilderness. Porzingis is real, and he has already changed everything."

Also note that KP leads all rookies in Real Plus-Minus (RPM) at 1.57, which ranks him 58th of all players in NBA (16th out of all PFs)

http://espn.go.com/nba/statistics/rpm/_/page/2/sort/RPM

The next closest rookie is KAT with 0.11 RPM which ranks him 128th in the NBA.

The analytic guys love KP now, which is ironic that Hinkie the analytics guru passed on him for Okafor, whom the analytic guys now hate (-5.89 RPM).

Also note that KP leads all rookies in Real Plus-Minus (RPM) at 1.57, which ranks him 58th of all players in NBA (16th out of all PFs)

The analytic guys love KP now, which is ironic that Hinkie the analytics guru passed on him for Okafor, whom the analytic guys now hate (-5.89 RPM).

Real plus-minus has nothing to do with analytics.

Okafor looks legit depressed on the court. Hoping that dude can pull his act together, seems like an awfully confused kid. I respect Philly's draft strategies but for ****'s sake if there was ever a team in need of some vets it's them. They're going to need to pay a couple guys just to keep these kids from drifting into depression.

Jahlil Okafor has been suspended two games effective immediately, the Philadelphia 76ers announced Wednesday.

"Jahlil is a very important part of our organization and our future. While we are disappointed with his recent actions, we have faith in him as a valued member of the Sixers," the team said in a statement. "We will provide the necessary resources to support him on his journey and will do our part to help him succeed both on and off the court."

Okafor will miss Wednesday night's game against the New York Knicks and Saturday's game against the Denver Nuggets.

Ssshh

I just don't understand what ESPN is doing with this nonsense. It's bad enough when they throw around these faux numbers as being 'advanced' stats but at least with total qbr and such you know what's in the sausage. I can understand teams taking a proprietary stance on analytics but when ESPN uses black box stuff they're basically flat out telling you that it essentially boils down to tiny coefficient times some numbers plus massive coefficient times eye test. Porzingis is doing great per wins produced and this can be verified if one is so inclined. Good enough for me.

Okafor's a loaf.  Screw him.  We've got the stud Okafor wishes he was! 

Aside from the off the court issues Okafor is actually having a statistically good rookie season.  I should know I have him in fantasy.

That said him and Melo would have been a train wreck together.  They both need the ball in their hands to post up and they both don't play defense.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/knicks/kristaps-porzingis-fans-better-brooklyn-article-1.2454269

Porzingis: "Sometimes I see somebody with a Brooklyn hat on, I say, ‘What is that? You need a Knicks hat.’ via @sbondyNYDN on twitter

KP knows The Knickerbockers are New York's team forever and always. **** Brooklyn.

Grant & Porzingis - Co-Rookies-of the Year.

it's great to see 2 young rookies come in and KNOW how to play the game of basketball and play defense. Last time we had such competent contribution from a rookie was with Hubert Davis; and now we got 2 young and developing studs. 

Up 19 with 5 minutes left and the starters are in. Fisher doesn't get it. 

this team still has a waaays to go. They seem to have good synergy and I think it's good that Fisher is letting them get as much floor time as possibles. This is a COMPLETELY new roster and these players have to learn to be cohesive in this system and familiarize themselves with one another's game. They're learning how to feed KP on the run, when to let Melo iso, when to let either Lopez and Seraphin slow it down a bit and work the paint, etc. I like how they stayed aggressive despite the blowout, let them develop a killer instinct to close a team out and not choke a big lead - which we've seen already quite a few times in this young season. 

They will only get better with more playing time on the court and I like to see Fisher still play around with certain squads/role players throughout the game. By mid-February this team may discover its identity, but the progress from a year ago is LEAP YEARS AHEAD of what I expected at this stage of the ReBirth

Fair. Just think he should be more careful with KP and give Galloway/Grant more run with the first team. 

I agree.  I just wanted KP out there to get his 10th board :D   At least Fisher is settling in on a 10 man rotation.

Fair. Just think he should be more careful with KP and give Galloway/Grant more run with the first team. 

They were on a 12-0 run, you don't **** around when it comes to embarrassing hypotheticals, you cut that sh*t off at the pass 10 times out of 10.

More importantly, this team has a habit of starting strong and finishing weak. Only way to cure that is by working on it in-game.

Most importantly, the rookie wall is undefeated and it's going to happen sooner or later. Better to get KP his minutes now while he's on. The guy's throwing double-doubles up at a clip, you have to let him ride that out while it's there.

Archived