Your 2015-2016 New York Knicks--Melo, KP, Fisher, Barnes & Gloria

SMC

What about Calderon and Galloway or O'Quinn to New Orleans for their first? They're desperate for a PG and a veteran one at that to pull their sh*t together. He's a decent fit for Gentry's offense and it would be an easy sell since they certainly can't tank this year. Puts us back into the first with a potential lottery pick, win/win for everyone.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What about Calderon and Galloway or O'Quinn to New Orleans for their first? They're desperate for a PG and a veteran one at that to pull their sh*t together. He's a decent fit for Gentry's offense and it would be an easy sell since they certainly can't tank this year. Puts us back into the first with a potential lottery pick, win/win for everyone.

Just getting whatever we can get for Calderon is better than that. Galloway and O'Quinn are young, productive, and cheap, and you're always a favorite to bone any given draft pick.

wtf?

So we're officially a third through the season. If you had told me 3 months ago that this team would be at .500 at this point and Porzingis would look this good, I would have taken that without hesitating. On the one hand, I feel like the only thing that really matters is Porzingis, but on the other there's serious cause for concern. The Knicks have a lot of bad money on the books for the next two years. The Derrick Williams deal looks Jerome James levels of insane and the Lopez deal is such a bummer.

Big test with the next couple of months coming up for Phil. O'Quinn, Calderon, Galloway, even Affalo, these are the type of guys that teams who are trying to put the finishing touches on a roster for a championship run want and need. They have value and teams out there are going to want them. Would it make the Knicks worse in the short term? Without question. But the Knicks aren't anywhere near championship caliber, and even if we did make the playoffs this roster isn't good enough to make a serious bid. And for us, at the very least it looks like Phil can seriously draft, so play to that strength and go get some picks.

Knicks lost because they failed to use KP in the fourth. He was on the floor at least but was frozen out on offense.

I dont get it.  12 points in the 4th and they completely went away from him with Melo out.  They took a lead and didnt hit another damn shot.  Frustrating.

So we're officially a third through the season. If you had told me 3 months ago that this team would be at .500 at this point and Porzingis would look this good, I would have taken that without hesitating. On the one hand, I feel like the only thing that really matters is Porzingis, but on the other there's serious cause for concern. The Knicks have a lot of bad money on the books for the next two years. The Derrick Williams deal looks Jerome James levels of insane and the Lopez deal is such a bummer.

Big test with the next couple of months coming up for Phil. O'Quinn, Calderon, Galloway, even Affalo, these are the type of guys that teams who are trying to put the finishing touches on a roster for a championship run want and need. They have value and teams out there are going to want them. Would it make the Knicks worse in the short term? Without question. But the Knicks aren't anywhere near championship caliber, and even if we did make the playoffs this roster isn't good enough to make a serious bid. And for us, at the very least it looks like Phil can seriously draft, so play to that strength and go get some picks.

you do realize the cap is increasing by $18 million next offseason?

PG and Fisher are their biggest issue.

the biggest issue is there is too much parity in the east this year.  A lot of average teams like the pacers, Bulls and magic that will end up with 43-45 wins and eating the last 5-7 playoff spots.

Knicks could finish 41-41 realistically and that would be a huge improvement for them but still miss the playoffs. A .500 record usually is good enough for the 8th seed or 7th seed in the east not this year.

PG and Fisher are their biggest issue.

If we don't have a fire sale at the deadline I am going to sh*t. What's the issue here? The Knicks are barely competing for an 8-seed by the skin of their teeth and it's probably not happening. Even in the event of a miracle like that happening, Cinderella stories simply do not happen in the NBA.  The players at this level are just too good and the series format doesn't allow for that type of run through four rounds. Calderon, O'Quinn, and Affallo are players that are useful for teams making a run, that's not us. Turn that sh*t into something and may actually have the makings of a decent future. We're not winning anything near a chip for the next couple years, accept it and attack that notion. Picks picks picks. We need picks. I don't trust Jackson for the life of me with much else, especially after the Lopez and Williams contracts.

I mean come on, 2 years and $10 million? We had to give him that? Was there anyone else bidding anywhere remotely near that for him that we had to shell ******* $10 million out? Both these deals, just disasters, Isiah-level disasters.

If we don't have a fire sale at the deadline I am going to sh*t. What's the issue here? The Knicks are barely competing for an 8-seed by the skin of their teeth and it's probably not happening. Even in the event of a miracle like that happening, Cinderella stories simply do not happen in the NBA.  The players at this level are just too good and the series format doesn't allow for that type of run through four rounds. Calderon, O'Quinn, and Affallo are players that are useful for teams making a run, that's not us. Turn that sh*t into something and may actually have the makings of a decent future. We're not winning anything near a chip for the next couple years, accept it and attack that notion. Picks picks picks. We need picks. I don't trust Jackson for the life of me with much else, especially after the Lopez and Williams contracts.

I mean come on, 2 years and $10 million? We had to give him that? Was there anyone else bidding anywhere remotely near that for him that we had to shell ******* $10 million out? Both these deals, just disasters, Isiah-level disasters.

How many 2nd round pics do you want?

Nice win last night

theres no fire sale happening.  The goal is to get a big time free agent here within the next 2 years most nba players are scared of New York there is no way anyone is coming here unless they see a decent supporting cast which means the O'Quinns and Galloways are staying

My 6 year old is ridiculously excited.  Taking him to see the Knicks play Charlotte in a couple of weeks.  He loves the Knicks as much as he does the Yankees, a hair behind the Jets.

He knows I am a huge Ewing fan, and he knows Patrick's history with the Knicks.  I can't wait to see his reaction when they announce him before the game.  :) 

Archived