Your 2015-2016 New York Knicks--Melo, KP, Fisher, Barnes & Gloria

SMC

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Knicks now 5-10 when Melo shoots below his career average. He was 8/21 tonight, taking 7 more shots then the next shooter. That has killed the team all season.

Melo's awful shooting impacts everything.

It wouldn't make a whole lot of difference if Carmelo was shooting his average. Everything sucks. We just have so much money tied up bad. Lopez is a disaster. Williams is a lock to opt in and we're basically obligated to just let Afflalo throw the ball at the rim over and over again and hope it goes in enough times that he doesn't go on the book for next year too. Calderon is playing great but it sort of says it all that the big plus for the best veteran player on our team is that he's going to be gone soon. We have a few young pieces in Porzingis and Galloway and O'Quinn but it's not even close to enough. Early can't get off the bench and Grant shouldn't get off the bench and we're not in a position to keep bricking cost-controlled assets if the only way we know how to spend is stupidly.

Melo and Lopez make the Knicks hard to watch.  It's like they're trying to sh*t on art.  Cant even enjoy KP's amazingness nights because its littered with Melo and Lopez's sh*t. 

I really hate Carmelo Anthony.  I remember when I loved him.  Boy was I dumb.  He's the worst.  THE WORST!

It wouldn't make a whole lot of difference if Carmelo was shooting his average. Everything sucks. We just have so much money tied up bad. Lopez is a disaster. Williams is a lock to opt in and we're basically obligated to just let Afflalo throw the ball at the rim over and over again and hope it goes in enough times that he doesn't go on the book for next year too. Calderon is playing great but it sort of says it all that the big plus for the best veteran player on our team is that he's going to be gone soon. We have a few young pieces in Porzingis and Galloway and O'Quinn but it's not even close to enough. Early can't get off the bench and Grant shouldn't get off the bench and we're not in a position to keep bricking cost-controlled assets if the only way we know how to spend is stupidly.

I agree with your overall point, but disagree on Melo.  If he was shooting his average it would make a difference.  This season alone Knicks are 7-3 in the 10 games in which Melo has shot over 40% and 3-10 when he shoots below it.  That's actually played out throughout his Knicks career.  .386 winning percentage when he's shot under 40% and .533 when he shots over 40%. Is that a coincidence? 

I agree with your overall point, but disagree on Melo.  If he was shooting his average it would make a difference.  This season alone Knicks are 7-3 in the 10 games in which Melo has shot over 40% and 3-10 when he shoots below it.  That's actually played out throughout his Knicks career.  .386 winning percentage when he's shot under 40% and .533 when he shots over 40%. Is that a coincidence? 

Of course it's not a coincidence that you win more when the ball goes in. It's just that the crapfest Carmelo has put up this year really isn't that far off his usual. It's something like 3%TS. Not insignificant but it's mathematically obviously not the difference maker these goofball X-Y when he shoots Z stats make it seem.

Knicks will probably dump him on Portland in the offseason when they go after Drummond.

Knicks aren't going after Drummond.  The goal is to move KP to center.  Jax and Fisher has intimated that.  They want KP to learn at the 4 then move to the 5.

Pumped about tonight's game against KAT

On a related note I'm watching Griz/Bulls and watching the ghost of Derrick Rose hobble around is depressing as sh*t. All I keep thinking of is that kid once upon a time that destroyed the Knicks on Christmas half a decade ago. I will forever hate the Bulls, but this is one of the saddest careers I have ever seen. I know the stat sheet looks good and he's playing hard, but that is not the guy that seemingly used to just float around the court effortlessly.

Yeah, Rose is a shell of himself at a young age which is sad. He's shooting as bad as Kobe but 10 years younger.

That was entertaining with KAT and KP. KAT is real good. KP with a block party but has to work on his shot.

Didnt see the game. Is Melo buying in? 

Was 1 assist shy of a triple double, and only missed it because KP bricked some open shot.

Melo is taking less shots than previously, playing D most of the time, and is a willing passer.  Right now, if I'd knock him, I'd say he has to knock down more of the shots he takes (which has improved in recent games) and stop with some of the dumb passes.  It's not lazy passes it's just that he tries to needle a pass sometimes when it is unnecessary.

For instance, I couldn't find the instance on Vine, but there was one crazy great/awful sequence in the game.  Melo tries to force a pass into the post from the 3 point line, which gets stolen and leads to a fastbreak down the other end.  But Melo chases down the player and blocks the shot, starting his own fastbreak.  But then Melo again tries to force a pass into the post and gets the ball stolen again.

Yeah, Rose is a shell of himself at a young age which is sad. He's shooting as bad as Kobe but 10 years younger.

That was entertaining with KAT and KP. KAT is real good. KP with a block party but has to work on his shot.

if you're a real Knicks fan it couldn't have happened to a better player on a better team

On a related note I'm watching Griz/Bulls and watching the ghost of Derrick Rose hobble around is depressing as sh*t. All I keep thinking of is that kid once upon a time that destroyed the Knicks on Christmas half a decade ago. I will forever hate the Bulls, but this is one of the saddest careers I have ever seen. I know the stat sheet looks good and he's playing hard, but that is not the guy that seemingly used to just float around the court effortlessly.

Rose's entire game was predicated on his quickness and cutting ability.  Once his joints gave out it was over.

if you're a real Knicks fan it couldn't have happened to a better player on a better team

I hate the Bulls, but there's no real reason to hate Rose except that the Knicks had bad luck in the lottery that year.

Now, Jordan, I always hated.  Rose never prevented the Knicks from having success.  Funny thing is, Melo actually made the right decision for himself in not signing with Chicago.

I hate the Bulls, but there's no real reason to hate Rose except that the Knicks had bad luck in the lottery that year.

Now, Jordan, I always hated.  Rose never prevented the Knicks from having success.  Funny thing is, Melo actually made the right decision for himself in not signing with Chicago.

Melo and Rose would need 3 basketballs to play with eachother.

Archived