Your 2015-2016 New York Knicks--Melo, KP, Fisher, Barnes & Gloria

SMC

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jesus Christ was that terrifying or what? Any time you see a big man go down with foot pain, especially someone like Kristaps with his size and inexperience playing a schedule like this...that's sh*t your pants-level terror.

This is all that matters. I literally only watched the rest of the game and post game for KP update. He and Knicks are acting like he'll be alright 

Only with big men when you see them limping do you hope it's an ankle or knee rather than a foot.  The way KP described it with the pain on the side and bottom it sounded like a planter injury.  He's still 20 and recovers quickly.  Hope this is one of them.

In Jax tweet about Glenn Frey's passing he referred to the Knicks job as doing "the work of the Lord."  I guess we can say that the Porzingis pick was divine intervention.

Good win last night.  KP had boneheaded foul at end (he needs to trust his height), but I still can't fathom why Fisher and other coaches in that situation do not foul.

It's about 4 seconds left up 3.  Freaking foul before the shot.  Hell, they had a chance to foul before Hayward got the ball.

BTW, Hayward is a damn good player.  I didn't expect him to be this good coming out of Butler.

I wonder if poor record is going to have any consideration in Rookie of the Year voting.

Knicks are mediocre, but has anyone taken a look at the Wolves?  They've collapsed and are now 13-31, 4th worst in NBA in a weaker WC.

In this mini-lull before tonight's game against the Clips, I'm thinking more and more about free agency.

As all you know, I get tunnel vision on a player once I set my sights and I'm starting to get to that point with Russell Westbrook.  He's an UFA in 2017, will be 29 years old.  Curry and Paul will also be FA then as will Lowry.  No way Curry is leaving GSW and Paul may have the pull of Melo, but I'm concerned about his age.

I like Connelly in 2016, but that forecloses a shot at Westbrook the following year.  I don't think Westbrook is a pipe dream because he wants to get out of the shadow of Kevin Durant (whom I think is staying in OKC).  He can be the man with a young superstar (hopefully) in KP and quality vet in Melo (thankfully he has adapted his game which will translate better with age than going the Kobe route).

I only think the Chris Paul route works (which is a strong possibility) is if its the 2005-06 Heat route with KP playing the role of young Wade with Melo and Paul being Shaq and Payton.  That's a smaller window of success than with Westbrook.

What do you guys think?  Who should be the PG targets the next 2 years?

Jose Calderone should never start again. Ever. 

In this mini-lull before tonight's game against the Clips, I'm thinking more and more about free agency.

As all you know, I get tunnel vision on a player once I set my sights and I'm starting to get to that point with Russell Westbrook.  He's an UFA in 2017, will be 29 years old.  Curry and Paul will also be FA then as will Lowry.  No way Curry is leaving GSW and Paul may have the pull of Melo, but I'm concerned about his age.

I like Connelly in 2016, but that forecloses a shot at Westbrook the following year.  I don't think Westbrook is a pipe dream because he wants to get out of the shadow of Kevin Durant (whom I think is staying in OKC).  He can be the man with a young superstar (hopefully) in KP and quality vet in Melo (thankfully he has adapted his game which will translate better with age than going the Kobe route).

I only think the Chris Paul route works (which is a strong possibility) is if its the 2005-06 Heat route with KP playing the role of young Wade with Melo and Paul being Shaq and Payton.  That's a smaller window of success than with Westbrook.

What do you guys think?  Who should be the PG targets the next 2 years?

Lebron James

Archived