Your 2015-2016 New York Knicks--Melo, KP, Fisher, Barnes & Gloria

SMC

14 hours ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

They are probably given over 200,000 dollars in free stuff but it's not enough? At more expensive universities it's even more. It's a choice they make. No one is forcing them to do anything. Actually, I'm probably being generous with my figure of 200K. 

LeBron is going to make 30M next year and that's not enough either. The NBA is a cartel just like the NCAA is. The thing you're ignoring is that it's not just that the players want to get paid what they're worth based on the money they make for other people. Lots and lots of colleges would love to be able to compete financially for players like Ben Simmons or Karl Towns. Or Andrew Luck, if that makes you feel better.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

LeBron is going to make 30M next year and that's not enough either. The NBA is a cartel just like the NCAA is. The thing you're ignoring is that it's not just that the players want to get paid what they're worth based on the money they make for other people. Lots and lots of colleges would love to be able to compete financially for players like Ben Simmons or Karl Towns. Or Andrew Luck, if that makes you feel better.

So CEOs should make the same as the mail room guy. Got it. Have a good day. 

12 minutes ago, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

I will stipulate that that's a stupid argument and that the one of us who is actually making it here is a stupid person.

Admitting your flaws is the first step. Now, get out there and work on it and maybe you won't embarrass yourself here. 

Im all in on signing Noah and Courtney Lee. This makes the Knicks better.

I dont think Noah gets $18 mil per. That said, the cap is much higher now so that equals the percentage for RoLo's contract last year

1 hour ago, SMC said:

I dont think Noah gets $18 mil per. That said, the cap is much higher now so that equals the percentage for RoLo's contract last year

Rumors are Noah and Eric Gordon. That starting line up might play 5 games together all season. Phil Jackson must want to get back to LA sooner rather than later.

1 hour ago, SMC said:

Cap is going to $99 million after next season.  The CBA promises a certain % of revenue has to go to players and the books are showing significantly increased earnings by the nba

5 hours ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Rumors are Noah and Eric Gordon. That starting line up might play 5 games together all season. Phil Jackson must want to get back to LA sooner rather than later.

That is funny, but the actual rumor is Courtney Lee, whom Phil is high on and fits what Hornacek described yesterday to a T in the SG they need.

5 hours ago, drdetroit said:

Cap is going to $99 million after next season.  The CBA promises a certain % of revenue has to go to players and the books are showing significantly increased earnings by the nba

Yeah, The Vertical's Bobby Marks was trying to explain to fans on Twitter.  With the cap going up, contracts have to be viewed as a % of the cap for comparison sake and not dollar amount.  RoLo's contract last year and Noah's presumed $18 mil per is the same value percentage wise to the cap

1 minute ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Batum is gonna get a max deal too. Hoooooly ****. The times are changin.

The individual player cap on salary has gone up as a percentage of the higher cap, but I wonder if deals like this will make the NBAPA want to renegotiate that player cap to increase it in the next negotiations for the new CBA

9 minutes ago, SMC said:

The individual player cap on salary has gone up as a percentage of the higher cap, but I wonder if deals like this will make the NBAPA want to renegotiate that player cap to increase it in the next negotiations for the new CBA

3/36 for Lin. Alright all of a sudden this doesn't seem as insane anymore.

Wow, that's crazy, but the new normal.

Sad news that OJ Mayo is banned 2 years for violating NBA's anti-drug policy.  He tested positive for a "drug of abuse", which is either amphetamines, cocaine, LSD, opiates or LSD.

4 hours ago, SMC said:

Wow, that's crazy, but the new normal.

Sad news that OJ Mayo is banned 2 years for violating NBA's anti-drug policy.  He tested positive for a "drug of abuse", which is either amphetamines, cocaine, LSD, opiates or LSD.

Perspective: Mozgov now makes more guaranteed money than any NFL quarterback.

On June 30, 2016 at 2:40 PM, SMC said:

That is funny, but the actual rumor is Courtney Lee, whom Phil is high on and fits what Hornacek described yesterday to a T in the SG they need.

Also saw we have an offer out to Lee.

Noah deal feels so Knicks-ey, bit competed to these other contracts it's more palatable. Rose and Noah stay healthy, and we've got something... If not, then Same Old Knicks.

Does seem like team is being built for the final window of Melo relevancy, and primed for total rebuild in 3-4 years.

Noah is better than RoLo who was a JAG so its a good deal in this market. Knicks got better at center. I want Lee.

T0m, what disaster is there considering that the NBA just signed a MULTIBILLION dollar TV deal? All these salaries are tied to 50% BRI (basketball related income) meaning that these contracts are already paid for by money coming due to the league.

So anyone saying the NBA is headed for disaster or in a bubble is pure ignorance. 

18 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Also saw we have an offer out to Lee.

Noah deal feels so Knicks-ey, bit competed to these other contracts it's more palatable. Rose and Noah stay healthy, and we've got something... If not, then Same Old Knicks.

Does seem like team is being built for the final window of Melo relevancy, and primed for total rebuild in 3-4 years.

Ultimately thats the only way to build it because Porzingis is such a luxury. Note that Phil has kept all Knicks future 1st rounders and will have future cap space.

Porzingis turnes 21 on August 2. In a total rebuild in 3-4 yrs hed only be 24-25 and approaching his prime.

Archived