Your 2015-2016 New York Knicks--Melo, KP, Fisher, Barnes & Gloria

SMC

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maurice N'Dour is back!!!

He tore it up in summary league last year for Knicks before Mavs signed him.

He was a man possessed in Senegal's Olympic qualifying try

Knicks can do a full International 2nd Unit with N'Dour, KP, Willy, Kuz and Sasha

17 hours ago, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

Solid autocorrect. Get out more tho.

Yes, I do need to get out more.  It's summer, and I'm looking forward to November and the start of the season.

On 7/12/2016 at 0:52 PM, SMC said:

I think Rose will be good, above JAG level since he's a further year removed from knee surgery and he won't have an eye injury.

Also, having the ball in Rose's hand is a good thing for KP because, unlike Affalo who was a true jumpshooting ball-hog, Rose will drive to the basket and either make the shot, miss which will give KP rebounding chances or kick out to an open shooter.

The Knicks have a nice balance in their starting 5

I agree.  Rose's ability to dribble and penetrate will be a huge help to Porzingis and our entire offense.  Calzone killed us last year with his inability breakdown a defense.

On 7/11/2016 at 5:13 PM, HessStation said:

Agreed and I'm not under any false presumptions Rose will ever completely return to MVP type form but I don't think he has to. But he needs to get to that point mentally which he hadn't in Chicago since returning. If he can accept it I think he can still be an above average starting guard and help compliment the other stars...We'll see. But I think Rose somehow fitting in as some kind #2-3 option/role player is a must if they're gonna compete for anything next year. 75% of what he was is better than anything they've had..at the position.

We don't need 2007-2011 Derrick Rose to be succesful next year.  Just be effective at dribble penetration.

Forbes did it's annual world franchise value report and Knicks are 7th in the world, and 4th in the US behind Cowboys, Yanks and Pats.  Knicks are more valuable than Giants and Jets.

There's never been any incentive for Dolan to do anything drastic to improve the team because win or lose, his team just prints money

21 minutes ago, SMC said:

Forbes did it's annual world franchise value report and Knicks are 7th in the world, and 4th in the US behind Cowboys, Yanks and Pats.  Knicks are more valuable than Giants and Jets.

There's never been any incentive for Dolan to do anything drastic to improve the team because win or lose, his team just prints money

Hedge fund managers and corporations based in Manhattan can pay millions for box seats while celebrities like Howard Stern pay big bucks for courtside seats.

The Yankees are trying to replicate this but have fallen on their face so plenty of empty seats behind homeplate.

3 hours ago, drdetroit said:

Hedge fund managers and corporations based in Manhattan can pay millions for box seats while celebrities like Howard Stern pay big bucks for courtside seats.

The Yankees are trying to replicate this but have fallen on their face so plenty of empty seats behind homeplate.

True. The problem with the Yankees is the number of games and location.  Knicks are in midtown, have only 41 games and no matter how bad the team is the Knicks can sell each game as an "event."  That's how you have so many sellouts while making the playoffs only 4 of the last 16 yrs.

2 hours ago, SMC said:

True. The problem with the Yankees is the number of games and location.  Knicks are in midtown, have only 41 games and no matter how bad the team is the Knicks can sell each game as an "event."  That's how you have so many sellouts while making the playoffs only 4 of the last 16 yrs.

The problem is the Yankees are such godawful pigsh*t that the Indians had the hubris to warm Carrasco up to Enter Sandman on Sunday. Which went about how it usually does when Cleveland gets uppity, but still.

2 hours ago, SMC said:

Truth. Always easy to go to the Knick game no matter what you're doing with Penn St right downstairs. Mets or Yanks is always a process, esp if you're going to a weeknight game and you have to deal with ******* rush hour on the subway or LIRR. Kill me when that happens. Seriously.

On ‎7‎/‎14‎/‎2016 at 8:54 PM, RutgersJetFan said:

Truth. Always easy to go to the Knick game no matter what you're doing with Penn St right downstairs. Mets or Yanks is always a process, esp if you're going to a weeknight game and you have to deal with ******* rush hour on the subway or LIRR. Kill me when that happens. Seriously.

The Yankees were also way more popular in NY during the early 00's which is when this entire inept business model was born.  Those were the years immediately following the championships and Jeter and Arod owned the town they probably could have pulled off the MSG Knicks/Rangers business model then.  Not so much now.

On 7/22/2016 at 2:57 PM, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

http://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/carmelo/kristaps-porzingis/

Not as good as Jokic and not even on the same planet as Towns, but still pretty spicy. Nothing that comes in a black box means all that much, but it's not like there are reasons to care about the Knicks that are, you know, rational.

Even money right now they give him up with a future first for Cousins this year.

1 hour ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Amare is retiring. What a strange ride he had. I'll always remember that first year at the Garden with him and Felton. For half a season it looked like we were back.

What that guy did in the West when he was younger, with all the talented big men at the time, will always impress the hell out of me.  One of the most athletically gifted athletes that I've ever seen, which blows my mind how he never averaged 10+ rebounds. Odd dude too, but always liked him. 

52 minutes ago, BroadwayJoe12 said:

What that guy did in the West when he was younger, with all the talented big men at the time, will always impress the hell out of me.  One of the most athletically gifted athletes that I've ever seen, which blows my mind how he never averaged 10+ rebounds. Odd dude too, but always liked him. 

I still think that if Horry doesn't hip check Nash in '07, Phoenix goes all the way that year. They definitely beat Utah and they matched up just fine against the Cavs.

16 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Amare is retiring. What a strange ride he had. I'll always remember that first year at the Garden with him and Felton. For half a season it looked like we were back.

He was a potential MVP candidate that year until we traded for Melo.

On 7/26/2016 at 7:44 PM, BroadwayJoe12 said:

He was incredible in that 05 WCF against the Spurs at only 22 yrs old.  

I think the fans have a skewed view of his early Knicks tenure because of the frame of reference.  Knicks were awful in every way imaginable before then (same in how Donnie Walsh is viewed) so when Amare ushered in mediocrity before Melo trade he looked like a god.  He definitely was great early on, until D'Antoni ran him into the ground.  I wasn't a fan of his as a consolation prize after Walsh swung and missed on LBJ.

He was here 5 yrs and only had 1 healthy season.  A shame.  He was great in PHO, but his body let him down.

8 hours ago, SMC said:

He was incredible in that 05 WCF against the Spurs at only 22 yrs old.  

I think the fans have a skewed view of his early Knicks tenure because of the frame of reference.  Knicks were awful in every way imaginable before then (same in how Donnie Walsh is viewed) so when Amare ushered in mediocrity before Melo trade he looked like a god.  He definitely was great early on, until D'Antoni ran him into the ground.  I wasn't a fan of his as a consolation prize after Walsh swung and missed on LBJ.

He was here 5 yrs and only had 1 healthy season.  A shame.  He was great in PHO, but his body let him down.

The fire hydrant incident is still unforgivable.

• 1 month later...

Archived