Mel Kiper ranks Leonard Williams top rookie.

pointman

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How many non-players do you think were "great GMs"?  Plenty of these guys played.  That nut in Cleveland that tries to call plays, the guy in Oakland and his brother that sleeps at the combine.  The dude in KC.  Mayhew is in Detroit.  Chris Spielman's brother is in Minny.  I think that literally every GM is a player or frustrated player.  Just cause guys didn't make it in the NFL doesn't mean they weren't players.  I guess the point that being a good player does not equate with being a good talent evaluator stands, but being around the game certainly doesn't hurt.

Agreed..but I am a big believer in paying dues and I just like Mike McG  (GM)  resume. ALL in player development.  Look at baseball with Theo, Money ball etc.

There is a lot of truth to the science of the game that players simply dismiss. 

Same can be said for coaches.  many great coaches were "fringe" players.   Neighbor here in NC was the punter at W and M when Mike Tomlin played there. He said Tomlin was very different from the average player. he seemed very cerebral.

Lott doesn't speak about players much...fact..and when he does he compares someone to Reggie White.  That was my only point.  If Barry Sanders compared a someone to Gale Sayers...I'd pay attention and wouldn't piss on Barry Sander's thoughts.  I guess some people have less respect for the greats than I do...which is okay I guess.

You don't seem to have much respect for Reggie White. 

All I did was quote Ronnie Lott; it wasn't even my opinion, it was his.

so I guess by your statement you are saying Ronnie Lott doesn't respect Reggie white.  Interesting stance. 

maybe he doesn't, who cares?  A USC legend is hyping up and awesome USC prospect.  You're acting like the legendary Ronnie Lott came out of nowhere and randomly started singing the praises of this random guy after scouring all the tape he could find.

maybe he doesn't, who cares?  A USC legend is hyping up and awesome USC prospect.  You're acting like the legendary Ronnie Lott came out of nowhere and randomly started singing the praises of this random guy after scouring all the tape he could find.

Ronnie Lott doesn't promote USC players actually.  He doesn't promote any players...like Barry Sanders.  He doesn't like talking to the media.  

when JPP blew his finger off he had a lot to say about that.

this is true.  Lott had his pinky amputated and he reached out to JPP for support and discussed the impact of his injury on his play as a comparison.  Agreed.  He's also a big fan of the 5 star safety they recently added to the USC team...but I just googled his name and other than williams and JPP...not much to see.

All I did was quote Ronnie Lott; it wasn't even my opinion, it was his.

so I guess by your statement you are saying Ronnie Lott doesn't respect Reggie white.  Interesting stance. 

Ronnie Lott, Ronnie Lott, Ronnie Lott. Ronnie Lott...Ronnie Lott. In conclusion, Ronnie Lott.

Seriously, we get it. And appeal to authority is a swell rhetorical tactic, really. Thing is, he might be an idiot. You don't know, and neither do I. What I do know is that the only guy with Reggie White's combination of speed, power, and technique is Reggie White. If he had compared somebody to Lawrence Taylor, even the most enthusiastic ballwashers would be tapping the brakes at least a little and this is just as silly if not more so. More to the point, he started walking back the comparison before he even made it and you're citing it like it was chhiseled in granite.

Ronnie Lott, Ronnie Lott, Ronnie Lott. Ronnie Lott...Ronnie Lott. In conclusion, Ronnie Lott.

Seriously, we get it. And appeal to authority is a swell rhetorical tactic, really. Thing is, he might be an idiot. You don't know, and neither do I. What I do know is that the only guy with Reggie White's combination of speed, power, and technique is Reggie White. If he had compared somebody to Lawrence Taylor, even the most enthusiastic ballwashers would be tapping the brakes at least a little and this is just as silly if not more so. More to the point, he started walking back the comparison before he even made it and you're citing it like it was chhiseled in granite.

im citing it because it was said.  Feel free to breath and type with your fingers.  Did you punch each key with that message...little emotionally charged on such a silly topic arent we?

Archived