These numbers make me sick

rick34125

this is one of those games that they will have to stop the run. The NY Jets are a smash mouth team. In the past two games they have averaged over 200 yards on the ground.  That has made them the #1 running team in the NFL. 

That won't matter a lick if the pats are up 14-0 after the 1st quarter.  No matter what teams want to do the game is totally affected by the score at any given time.

Maybe not. He was probably leveraging the fact that the Patriots have the highest scoring offense in the NFL.

still does not mean the Pats can stop the run. They are miserable in that area. The Jets are the Best in that area in the NFL also. The Jets re brutal on both sides of th ball

After 4 weeks last year, NE was dead and in week five they thumped undefeated Cinci. Season is still very young and the way the teams look now may be very different as to how they look in Dec. Additionally how they looked last week is very different how they may look this week. NE won last week but they did not play well or embarrass the Colts like they wanted to I am sure. They will be motivated. Jets meanwhile see this as a statement game too and have played NE tough more often than not. I honestly have no clue how the game plays out. ZERO. 

Yes, they haven't been good against the run. But the guy's point was that if the Patriots get up 14 points, trying to establish the run and eating a lot of clock might not be an option. If you have to force Fitzpatrick to beat you in the air, I like our chances much better than letting Jets run.

the Pats have a much weaker D than the Jets. They are horrible against the run. The Jets have the best D and the best run game. Also please note; the Jets give up fewer points in the 2nd half. Most of the Jets games have been played without their best DL player.

To me, this D will win the game for the Jets. The Jet secondary is also nothing for NE to take lightly. 

ST and TO can make a difference. Hopefully the refs won't let the Pats hold and cheat. Good luck with that when one plays at NE.

What two starters? Hoyer and Mallet are both QBs on the Texans. Cassell is "starting" because he was traded into a team who needs a backup to fill in while the starter is injured. I'll maybe give you that NE drafted three guys who have gone on to be starters at some point but have all flushed out to the bottom of the QB barrel. Had these guys not come from NE where teams hoped they might have a little Brady in them they would all be unseen backups or out of the league.

Your point about teams burning first round picks on QBs is good evidence of my later point.

what a stable, Cassell was a 3rd string qb until Weeden was so horrible the Boys will now try any experiment at qb until Romo comes back, Mallett is doomed to ride pine the next 4-5 years until he winds in the arena league and Hoyer has looked ok facing two mediocre defenses after losing his job

guess you missed the part where the NY Jets also have the Number 1 D....

Eh?  What does that have to do with anything?  If you say the way to beat the pats is to hold them to 17 and run the ball 40 times I'm all for it.  Many have tried few have succeeded.

what a stable, Cassell was a 3rd string qb until Weeden was so horrible the Boys will now try any experiment at qb until Romo comes back, Mallett is doomed to ride pine the next 4-5 years until he winds in the arena league and Hoyer has looked ok facing two mediocre defenses after losing his job

So you think NE has drafted poorly? I am confused. 

the Pats have a much weaker D than the Jets. They are horrible against the run. The Jets have the best D and the best run game. Also please note; the Jets give up fewer points in the 2nd half. Most of the Jets games have been played without their best DL player.

To me, this D will win the game for the Jets. The Jet secondary is also nothing for NE to take lightly. 

ST and TO can make a difference. Hopefully the refs won't let the Pats hold and cheat. Good luck with that when one plays at NE.

Be careful the schedule has been favorable to date in terms of QBs faced:

McCown (and his awesome OL)

Luck (Who has been mediocre)

Bradford (Yuck)

Tannehill (His wife is hot but thats about it)

Cousins (EEEESH)

Even more glaring the best pass catching threat out of all that is who? Hilton or Landry? Numbers this early in the season can be very misleading. 

Bradford (Yuck)

Cousins (EEEESH)

Even more glaring the best pass catching threat out of all that is who? Hilton or Landry? Numbers this early in the season can be very misleading. 

The Jets don't make their own schedule. They play the next opponent like all other teams

That won't matter a lick if the pats are up 14-0 after the 1st quarter.  No matter what teams want to do the game is totally affected by the score at any given time.

14-0 and you abandon your game plan you'll have a lot of explaining to do.

Bradford (Yuck)

Cousins (EEEESH)

And the great QBs the Pats have faced?

Better yet the top defenses they've gone up against? 

UGH you missed my point. The statement was NYJ has the #1 D and I just said be careful. I didn't compare anything to anyone. JESUS. Why so defensive?

Youre the defensive one.  I answered your warning that hes a top QB and am saying he wont be as free to pass as he has with others.

I find it factual, you find it defensive.  Stop acting like a baby.

Bradford (Yuck)

Cousins (EEEESH)

Street goes both ways:

DAL - Where were Dez and Romo?

PIT - Where where bell & bryant?

BUF - Tyrod???

IND - Luck (Who has been mediocre)

JAX - Bortles???

Its not exactly like the pats have gone up against world beaters this year either - we will be the best team you have faced, same for us - don't use the easy schedule argument when it applies to your team as well.

14-0 and you abandon your game plan you'll have a lot of explaining to do.

Absolutely everyone does, whether they like to admit it or not.  Your game plan changes once you are up or down in a game, especially when you are playing a team that can score.  As I said 58 pass attempts in the game we got behind in vs philly.

The Pats have had like 3 straight Thursday night games in Foxboro. Kraft runs the league...

edit, actually I dont think the Pats have ever traveled for a Thursday Night contest. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NFL_Network_Thursday_Night_Football_results_(2006–present)

Pats have been in 5 Thursday Night games so far - played AT once - against the Giants in 2007.

Absolutely everyone does, whether they like to admit it or not.  Your game plan changes once you are up or down in a game, especially when you are playing a team that can score.  As I said 58 pass attempts in the game we got behind in vs philly.

No one ever abandons the running game in the first quarter and only 14-0.  

Late 3rd, yes.  1st, no chance

Street goes both ways:

DAL - Where were Dez and Romo?

PIT - Where where bell & bryant?

BUF - Tyrod???

IND - Luck (Who has been mediocre)

JAX - Bortles???

Its not exactly like the pats have gone up against world beaters this year either - we will be the best team you have faced, same for us - don't use the easy schedule argument when it applies to your team as well.

Actually Bortles has put up strong numbers and Roethlisberger was shut down for most of the game but he is good. I know this because...of Fantasy Football!! I have Antonio Brown!!! :)

Tyrod will be exposed like Tebow was, Luck is fine, Weeden is terrible. Its funny because that Pitt game had Bryant and Bell missing while NE didn't have LaFell or Blount. Thats when everyone and their mother saw Dion Lewis and picked him up off the WW.

Actually Bortles has put up strong numbers and Roethlisberger was shut down for most of the game but he is good. I know this because...of Fantasy Football!! I have Antonio Brown!!! :)

Tyrod will be exposed like Tebow was, Luck is fine, Weeden is terrible. Its funny because that Pitt game had Bryant and Bell missing while NE didn't have LaFell or Blount. Thats when everyone and their mother saw Dion Lewis and picked him up off the WW.

I had the choice (1st in WW order) and I picked up Freeman from ATL instead of Lewis, I think I made the right choice. Freeman has scored 10 touchdowns, 487 RuYd, 267 ReYd, 29 Rec since I grabbed him on waivers; which makes him keeper eligible next year.   I liked Lewis too but with NE RBs they are always 1 fumble away from never playing again.

Its hard to argue NE got PIT at their best in week 1, the steelers looked absolutely terrible on D and totally shellshocked on O, my god Heyward-Bey is terrible.

I'd also say Bell & Bryant >>>>>Lafell and Blount  (Was Lafell even fantasy relevant last year when he was healthy? Although they hit bongs together, I'll take Bell over Blount any day of the week.)    

DAL without Romo and Dez

Bortles got much of those 'numbers' in garbage time down a few scores to TB and HOU -  I know lol I have Allen Robinson.  I'm probably the only person in the world that watched jacksonville vs tampa including the player's own mothers, and it was only for gambling purposes. 

I think its fair to say neither team has faced really solid competition yet this year possibly except the colts, and they haven't been playing very well.  And both teams handled their business there - I'd think this game will follow the trend of 3 point or less margin just like the last 4 match ups or however many it is.  But this time I think we come out on top with the subtraction of Geno and Revis giving us the edge this time.  Still it will be close and mistakes will win/lose it.

LaFell was good last year in fantasy. WW pick. He sucked the first 3 weeks and then ended up with close to a 1k yards and 7 TDs. I know again because I lost in the playoffs to a dude who had him!!! GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!

Freeman was a sick WW pick. He was drafted in our league. Late round flyer that turned out to be a gem.

NE has drafted better  than everyone in the AFC since 2000 hence they are the best team. It is not a mystery as to why they are so good. They also draft lower than everybody so their draft prowess is that much more interesting. Also their limited FA signings work out more often than not. Other teams just need to match their draft success and they'll be fine. Like Seattle, they did a great job and look at them. Same for AZ with PP, TM, Fitz, Floyd, Brown, Ellington, etc. 

Again not a mystery

what? No they haven't, they ******* cheat!

Archived