Sane Pats fans concerned about this Game!!

Charlie Brown

If this team is getting 8 to 10 they must have got killed in the last 4 Pat Jet games..

As has been repeated endlessly the line is looking to hook equally sized fish on both sides.  Not a reflection of what any bookines may actually think is going to happen.

Pats have the compelling revenge tour story and the Jets have a bit of a history of showing promise and then letting down bandwagon riders.  Both things would tend to push the line up here.  As always the point is that if you think the line is way out of whack then put your money where your mouth is.

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Agreed 100%. LaFell is back so he could be a concern in terms of a deep threat but he is rusty at best. Only problem with keeping everyone in is that if Blount somehow runs through the initial tackles he is gone. 

Blount is a big strong guy.  He kills teams like Indy who play like pantywaists against the run.  But he does not possess a lot of speed like Ivory.  The Jets tackling has improved a lot lately.

Agreed 100%. LaFell is back so he could be a concern in terms of a deep threat but he is rusty at best. Only problem with keeping everyone in is that if Blount somehow runs through the initial tackles he is gone. 

Blount?  I have ZERO concerns of Blount pulling a Sproles and taking one to the house.  lewis, maybe.  But not Blount.  If our safeties play 12-15 yards deep have Blount and/or lewis sprint past them, I have concerns with our safeties speed/angles.  I dont see a speed back in the sproles mold to be concerned with, though Lewis at times has provided that element.  To me, Lewis is closer to Thompson of the Skins in terms of speed than sproles...Lewis ran a 4.57 40 coming out of college...Blount ran a 4.59...Chris Ivory ran a 4.48 and even ran a 4.38 at his pro day (which was held in Toledo)...

Why do I have the feeling NE will start with an empty backfield, spread out the D and got no huddle hurry up? Of course this means that in reality they'll got full back, Lewis in the backfield and run the ball. LOL.

Outside of late down short yardage situations, I doubt the Jets D has less than 6 DB'S on the field, maybe 5 on occasion, but 6 will probably be the base, something like 3-2-6, and even some 7 DB formations if we can get them in either 3rd, and longs, or actually get up multiple scores by some miracle in the 2nd half.

by the way i am trying to find 10 points and i cannot get a sniff of that anywhere

I am a good test case since 10 points on this game would be enough to bring me out of a 5 year football betting retirement. That number is just wrong.

A fan that doesn't cry about holding penalties and refs. cheating.

Why don't you start posting something meaningful instead observing OUR fanpage for posts you can jump on to and place your nonsense? Haven't ever seen a valuable post of you in here. Posting on other fanpages is sorry enough, but if you do all the effort to registrate, login and search for some thread you think you can jump on to, why not just give your opinion about the game?

Why don't you start posting something meaningful instead observing OUR fanpage for posts you can jump on to and place your nonsense? Haven't ever seen a valuable post of you in here. Posting on other fanpages is sorry enough, but if you do all the effort to registrate, login and search for some thread you think you can jump on to, why not just give your opinion about the game?

Because he's a Patriot fan and he doesnt have a take.  They're the least educated fanbase in the country.  They literally have no clue whats going on the field.  

Its just BRADY, GRONK, BB - harfharfharfharfherffart - circle jerk fests.  They are clueless.

95% of them dont even know who their coach was before BB.  

You obviously had never paid attention to any of my post. I suggest you go look at anything I ever posted. In fact go look at the "what's the game plan to beat the pats"

Because he's a Patriot fan and he doesnt have a take.  They're the least educated fanbase in the country.  They literally have no clue whats going on the field.  

Its just BRADY, GRONK, BB - harfharfharfharfherffart - circle jerk fests.  They are clueless.

95% of them dont even know who their coach was before BB.  

don't do it to yourself...

been watching football since niners vs bengals in the SB.

don't do it to yourself...

been watching football since niners vs bengals in the SB.

Doubt it.  And even if you are knowledgeable, then you part of the 5% minority.  If you're an honest man, you'll agree with my assessment of your fanbase.  Clueless. 

Doubt it.  And even if you are knowledgeable, then you part of the 5% minority.  If you're an honest man, you'll agree with my assessment of your fanbase.  Clueless. 

Imagine if you became a Patriots fan at 11. They have been good for 16 years. You are now 27 and all you know is that they win. For more than half that person's life all they have known is the the Patriots are the very best. There needs to be a psychological case study done on that fanbase. To your point JiF, do you need to be knowledgeable when the tem just always wins for you? 

Imagine if you became a Patriots fan at 11. They have been good for 16 years. You are now 27 and all you know is that they win. For more than half that person's life all they have known is the the Patriots are the very best. There needs to be a psychological case study done on that fanbase. To your point JiF, do you need to be knowledgeable when the tem just always wins for you? 

The model here is all pats fans only became fans of the team when they started winning....

but a lot of patriots fans, were fans before Drew Bledsoe was quarterbacking...going back to steve grogan and the 85 bears beat the ish out of them in the SB....I started really liking the team more when Hugh Mullen was the QB. Before Drew Bledsoe and Parcells got there.

This kinda describes the Yankees fan base who started watching baseball back in 96 which is now a whole generation of fans, and the majority of the fan base, they know nothing of adversity, and misery.  It's all winning.

Why would you go to another team's board? ;)

At first for fantasy info.  Got my ass whooped in a highly competitive league last season.  First time I had ever played.  So this year decided to step it up.  Worked out cause it led to me taking Edelman who's a PPR beast.

Though since then, I've come across a few objective guys over there.  Some good discussions about this week's game.  Of course there are plenty who just hate the Jets.  In those cases it'll be fun replying once the Jets get the W in Foxboro this week.

what do you think N.E. thinks about this fan base? 

Since you post here, it would be safe to assume you come here because our fans are much more knowledgeable about the game than yours and you appreciate our very astute takes on the the NFL.  

Archived