Hot December Jets?

kevinc855

Sometimes I wonder how long some of you have been fans of the Jets.  Historically, the Jets have specialized in baiting us into thinking that it is all coming together and then they crap the bed over and over.  Hopefully this time it is different, but I need them to prove it before I pop some wood.

Oh I'm delusional cuz I think Rex did a better job with the Bills against us as opposed to Bowles against Bills, but you're a smartass cuz you can't accept that fact? Get over it dude. Jets were outplayed. They've been outplayed/outcoached by every good .500+ team/coach this year. I'll believe it when I see it and so far we have only defeated sh*tty below .500 teams and lost to every other team. Puts us right around average altering spending $60+ mil of cap space. 

Rex is the best. Just because a team wins, means the coaching was better? OK got it.

Speaking of "simple fans", you're looking at basically the end result to make your judgement. And Bills got conservative with the lead, something Bowles always did until our last game. 

Bills lead almost the entire game and it certainly wasn't because we had a supremely coached team. Passing at the line of scrimmage on 4th downs n not giving a chance is a sign of poor coaching. 

Sure they did.  Everything that happened in that game was as designed by Rex.  

Yes, speaking of simple what is so poor about the decision to pass?  That it didn't work? Whatever bit of nonsense that is.  And if a different play didn't work that also would be a sign of poor coaching.  I get it.  You're bent on blaming this HC for not being Rex.  Get over it, Rex was fired.  For good reason.  

so you're saying that getting out to a big lead and being an incomplete pass from inside the 5 from losing is a better coaching job than coming back.  Having your team stop playing in the third and almost losing is a sign of a well coached team. Clearly.  

Must have been an epic coaching job vs. KC.  

Sometimes you just lose, don't make enough plays.  Simple fans need to blame someone though

Jumping out to a huge early lead and having your team ready to play from the first snap is a sign of good coaching. You can't credit Bowles for the (almost) comeback without crediting Rex for putting his team in a position where they were beating the living crud out of the Jets for 75% of the game.

we couldnt even stop landry think we are stopping beckham? lol

Especially with both Revis and Williams very possibly be out

It's still too soon to say whether superstar cornerback Darrelle Revis will be healthy enough to play Sunday, when the Jets "visit" the Giants at MetLife Stadium.

Rex is the best. Just because a team wins, means the coaching was better? OK got it.

You haven't been following any of what I've said. We had a hard time stopping the run, something we are supposed to be the best at. We couldn't pass with consistency. We ran well, but for some reason, we didn't run enough (hint). We passed behind the Los on 3rd and 4th downs (hint). We punted when we should have gone for it on 4th and 1. We went for it when we could have kicked a short FG and made it a 2 point game with like 5 minutes left. The list goes on. These are not bad plays, but rather bad coaching. Im not here to proclaim Bowles to be a hero. I'd like him to beat a half decent team before I crown him the next Madden.

You haven't been following any of what I've said. We had a hard time stopping the run, something we are supposed to be the best at. We couldn't pass with consistency. We ran well, but for some reason, we didn't run enough (hint). We passed behind the Los on 3rd and 4th downs (hint). We punted when we should have gone for it on 4th and 1. We went for it when we could have kicked a short FG and made it a 2 point game with like 5 minutes left. The list goes on. These are not bad plays, but rather bad coaching. Im not here to proclaim Bowles to be a hero. I'd like him to beat a half decent team before I crown him the next Madden.

not sure but I think we are the #1 rushing defense.

Sure they did.  Everything that happened in that game was as designed by Rex.  

Yes, speaking of simple what is so poor about the decision to pass?  That it didn't work? Whatever bit of nonsense that is.  And if a different play didn't work that also would be a sign of poor coaching.  I get it.  You're bent on blaming this HC for not being Rex.  Get over it, Rex was fired.  For good reason.  

First of all, it was not the 'decision to pass'. In fact, I agreed with it being a passing play. But passing the ball behind the LoS to a WR on a 4th down against man coverage? That's where I have an issue. Its like Brian f*cking Schottenheimer again. At least pass it beyond the LoS. Thats on coaching. Its their job to make sure the QB knows this. And these were not his 2nd and 3rd reads. They were quick snap n pass. They were designed that way. Hell, just run a slant. Give the team/player a chance to make the FD.

Secondly, Rex outcoached Bowles that day. Is that so hard for you to grasp for essentially calling me a Rex-lover? Pretty weak argument, if so.

And finally, I don't suck up to a coach that hasn't defeated a half decent team in 11 games after spending more than $60 mil in cap space in one off season.

not sure but I think we are the #1 rushing defense.

Exactly. That's the point. Bills ran all over this #1 ranked D. Im giving due credit to their play execution and coaching. And I'd still take our D over Bills running game any day of the week, because you can't do that consistently against our DL.

Jumping out to a huge early lead and having your team ready to play from the first snap is a sign of good coaching. You can't credit Bowles for the (almost) comeback without crediting Rex for putting his team in a position where they were beating the living crud out of the Jets for 75% of the game.

And if I was trying to discredit Rex you would have a point.  I was asking him why he would give Rex all the credit for getting the lead without giving Bowles credit for the comeback.  His response was the Bills game plan was to coast home apparently.  That the jets didn't actually come back and when they did, duh, bad coaching by Bowles cost them the comeback they weren't making.

i was arguing with Rex's son apparently :D

Who's crowning?  

Exactly. That's the point. Bills ran all over this #1 ranked D. Im giving due credit to their play execution and coaching. And I'd still take our D over Bills running game any day of the week, because you can't do that consistently against our DL.

I see, cant argue that point.

First of all, it was not the 'decision to pass'. In fact, I agreed with it being a passing play. But passing the ball behind the LoS to a WR on a 4th down against man coverage? That's where I have an issue. Its like Brian f*cking Schottenheimer again. At least pass it beyond the LoS. Thats on coaching. Its their job to make sure the QB knows this. And these were not his 2nd and 3rd reads. They were quick snap n pass. They were designed that way. Hell, just run a slant. Give the team/player a chance to make the FD.

Secondly, Rex outcoached Bowles that day. Is that so hard for you to grasp for essentially calling me a Rex-lover? Pretty weak argument, if so.

And finally, I don't suck up to a coach that hasn't defeated a half decent team in 11 games after spending more than $60 mil in cap space in one off season.

which 4th down are you talking about? I'm talking the last drive before Fitzs INTs.  4th down pass was thrown into the EZ.  

And you're sucking up to Rex, a HC who hasn't beaten a decent team in 11 games, lost to teams he shouldn't have lost to and is under .500 on the outside looking in after pissing away a pig lead against a very ordinary, at best, KC.  After missing the playoffs 4 straight years and failing to finish over .500 each of those years.  

Cap dollars spnt is about as useless a way to judge talent on a team as there is.

Archived