Either KC or Pitt needs to lose 2

JohnnyLV

Just did a bunch of different scenarios in the playoff generator and essentially we do not beat either Pitt or KC if we are tied with them.

So for the Jets to make the playoffs there are two paths:

1. Win out and KC or Pitt lose 1

2. Win 3 (any) and either KC or Pitt Lose 2 

So pretty much a simple scenario, but we are in a tough spot and could miss the playoffs at 10-6 or even 11-5.

KC: Baltimore, Cleveland, Oakland

Pitt: Denver, Balt, Cleveland

Most lose-able games are Oakland for KC and Denver (in a bounce back)

Past that, both play Balt and Cleveland, so for the next 3 weeks root really hard for Balt and Cleveland to be spoilers.

Just did a bunch of different scenarios in the playoff generator and essentially we do not beat either Pitt or KC if we are tied with them.

So pretty much a simple scenario, but we are in a tough spot and could miss the playoffs at 10-6 or even 11-5.

You need to start looking at recent developments in Denver and Cincinnati.  If KC, PIT, and NYJ all get to 11-5 and DEN loses one game the Jets become the 6 seed and DEN is out.  There are other ways to the playoffs if hot KC or PIT win their divisions.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/machine

SAR I

KC: Baltimore, Cleveland, Oakland

Pitt: Denver, Balt, Cleveland

Most lose-able games are Oakland for KC and Denver (in a bounce back)

Past that, both play Balt and Cleveland, so for the next 3 weeks root really hard for Balt and Cleveland to be spoilers.

I was just doing the same thing actually. Kind of sucks because Pitt and KC have easy schedules.

We needed both of them to lose today.

If Denver beats Pitt, then we need some weird divisional jinx with Clev or Balt beating Pitt as well. Doesn't like likely on paper but divisional games sometimes defy the odds.

Things can change quickly in the week by week NFL. Three games back we were 5-5 with many of us dreading a visit by the Miami Dolphins. Who knows where we will stand in three games time?

I wouldn't write off the Ravens or Browns doing us a favour. Or someone else. I remember in Mangini's first season when the hapless 49ers won on the road as 11 point dogs in Denver in week 17 to help us out. There will beat least one head-scratcher of a result somewhere along the line. We just need to ensure it doesn't happen in Dallas next Saturday and take it from there.

Things can change quickly in the week by week NFL. Three games back we were 5-5 with many of us dreading a visit by the Miami Dolphins. Who knows where we will stand in three games time?

I wouldn't write off the Ravens or Browns doing us a favour. Or someone else. I remember in Mangini's first season when the hapless 49ers won on the road as 11 point dogs in Denver in week 17 to help us out. There will beat least one head-scratcher of a result somewhere along the line. We just need to ensure it doesn't happen in Dallas next Saturday and take it from there.

Yeah I agree with this. Let's not start going for 2 in the 3rd Quarter. Just keep focused on what we can control. A lot can change in a few weeks time.

Yeah KC has been on fire lately, but they are quickly running out of gas and I don't think they will win out.

realistically we have to win out.  If we lose one we will need a lot of miracles to happen.  It's not impossible at that point but it just doesn't seem likely.  KC, Denver and Pitt are not losing two games each.

i think we can easily take Dallas.  I think their team has given up at this point.  The worry of course is NE and Buffalo.

I would have felt better about the NE game if they had been guaranteed home field, but at this point correct me if I'm wrong, but they won't have it unless Cinci and Denver both lose next week and they win.

Anyway it is what it is.  Gut check time.

Archived