One More Reason The Jets Need To Win On Sunday

Gen X Jet

The way I see the season is ... great journey, not so great destination (if we miss out on the playoffs).

The most important thing is that we are playing meaningful games in December. Nothing worse than having the already short NFL season over early then getting Jets related Christmas presents. 

I'll be disappointed if we don't win out, and even more if we do and don't make the playoffs, but it's levels of disappointment. 

In May I'll feel a lot better than I felt last May if we finish 11-5 either way. 

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think it's less likely that we win out than all 3 of those teams winning all 6 games. The Chiefs were a 1st and goal penalty away from going to overtime against the Chargers last week. (That really sucked BTW)

The Broncos started 10-2. Once they lose to the Bengals they will have completed an historic collapse, then could very well lose to the Chargers too.

Chiefs started 1-5 and will likely win the division over the 10-2 Broncos. Now that was an unlikely scenario. 

You seem to forget denver beat pats

me too, but I am still pleased with  anew regimes 1st season,,future is bright

I am pleased w/ the HC and GM regardless what happens these final 2 weeks but I will be disappointed if we don't make the playoffs

Agreed.   Which is why I as a businessman who sees different organizations succeed and fail everyday points to management as the reason teams are not top 1/3 year in and year out.

We all agree that the QB is by far the most important piece. However, over a 25 -30 year period, the same teams win consistently with different players.   Management is more important. a good GM may be the most valuable.

IMO..the disaster recipe for a team is a wealthy owner who is involved.  Woody, Jones, Blanc etc...   

Great companies have a Board, same with great teams. 

which teams have won consistently over the past 25-30 years w/o franchise QBs?

let's look at the top franchises since 1985:

NE: Brady

Pitt: been consistent since Cowher, didn't have franchise QBs until Ben in 2004 and started winning SBs again after that

Indy: peyton then Luck

Denver: Elway, had some down season then Peyton

NYG: Simms to Eli and even w/ Eli they have only won playoff games in 3 different seasons since 1994 and have only made the playoffs one time since 2009.

GB: Favre to Rodgers

I agree great management is key but w/o franchise QB play it's pretty hard to win consistently.

By the way, Woody gets bashed on here but he's done a good job for us.  up until 2012 we were one of the better AFC teams since he took over.  jet fans act like he is leon hess. 

You seem to forget denver beat pats

So did the Eagles. The Broncos lost to the Colts, and the Raiders too. So what? 

I think you're helping me prove my point that anyone can lose to anyone, and with 6 games left at least one of them will be a loss.

Probably the Broncos now that the pressure has been turned way up after having the division all but locked. 

Lately I think thats right..but earlier on, he clearly was.  You saw it in Hard Knocks but it appears he is learning.

Clearly he never was.  I saw none of it on Hard Knocks.  Does he help promote the team, try to increase revenue?  Shlt yeah, why wouldn't he?  None of which has any effect on the running of the team, the roster, the coaching etc.  He doesn't have to learn, he's let the football people run the team from day one.  

Not thrilled with special teams. Bobby April needs to get them playing better or I would sack him. Otherwise, I have few complaints this season, though we did give away the Buffalo game with poor coaching decsions, we'll get them back for that. One thing I like about Bowles is that he learns from his mistakes whereas Rex is still making the same ones in Buffalo. I don't think he gets a second season with them. You can't continually lose and say "We had the better team, we just didn't play like it, or we didn't show it" and not have someone point the finger at you and say 'why not'? 

Honestly tough for the Bills to fire him. When you look at the offseason moves, Rex did an amazing job landing Tyrod, Lesean, Incognito, Roman, Harvin, etc. But then you look at what he's done to that defense and it's honestly pathetic. The Bills should have easily made the playoffs with the talent on that team. Just goes to show you how Rex is becoming Fisher 2.0 with how he manages to bring in talent then proceed to terribly coach that talent.

Archived