Rex, still had nothing to do with the roster, but yea...

Integrity28

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tex should be banned, a mod should get on that. 

You're a recurring Rex theme. 

But Rex shouldn't be held accountable for the roster. The GM is where the buck stops there, and should be making the final calls. It's his name on the draft. But no one ever denied that Rex had input, especially late. 

Non issue. 

Ah yes, the question that has plagued mankind for ages: Who is the bigger buffoon, the man who drafts the fullback in the fifth round, or the man who lets him do that?

Ah yes, the question that has plagued mankind for ages: Who is the bigger buffoon, the man who drafts the fullback in the fifth round, or the man who lets him do that?

I'd say the latter. :)

The Jets once drafted a FB in the first round. They've come a long way. 

Tex should be banned, a mod should get on that. 

You're a recurring Rex theme. 

But Rex shouldn't be held accountable for the roster. The GM is where the buck stops there, and should be making the final calls. It's his name on the draft. But no one ever denied that Rex had input, especially late. 

Non issue. 

You can't say that Rex had personnel input and then turn around and give him a pass because the roster sucks.

Rex "jumped on table" to draft IK, who has 10 tackles, 0 sacks this yr. Publicly admitted he lobbied for Tahj Boyd, who is in CFL now.

Didn't have anything publicly nice to say about Enunwa or Reilly though, both of whom are substantially better than IK or Boyd. Hm.

First of all, IK and Boyd weren't picked in the top 5 rounds. Second, it's unfair to focus on just the ones that he got wrong. How about Stephen Hill? How many coaches do you know that trash their 2nd round draft pick right away? Rex nailed that one.

First of all, IK and Boyd weren't picked in the top 5 rounds. Second, it's unfair to focus on just the ones that he got wrong. How about Stephen Hill? How many coaches do you know that trash their 2nd round draft pick right away? Rex nailed that one.

Rex named Stephen Hill his starting WR within ten minutes of him being drafted. 

You can't say that Rex had personnel input and then turn around and give him a pass because the roster sucks.

I said many times that Rex should have little or no input on the personnel side of things. I never gave him a pass there. He didn't have much help, though, working with a couple accountants here. Not that I care anymore, just wanted to clarify. 

We still talk about Parcels and Namath; we still talk about Mangini and Mike T.  My guess is that you have a long wait.  Sorry.

We are likely to move on from Geno this year too; so get used to that as well; we will still have threads discussing Geno vs. Sanchez and Geno vs. Fitz.

How about a Geno's face vs. Ik's fist thread.  That'd be a knockout thread.

Rex didn't even want Hill don't you ever get tired of making crap up?? There is more then enough factual stuff to kill Rex on..:rolleyes:

He may not have wanted to draft him but he did put him in the starting lineup immediately.  He sure was in the starting lineup on opening day vs the Bills.  Had a huge game too.

He may not have wanted to draft him but he did put him in the starting lineup immediately.  He sure was in the starting lineup on opening day vs the Bills.  Had a huge game too.

They got rid of Braylon in 2011 who went to the 49'ers.. At first Hill looked good he also cost the team a win against the Pats..

They got rid of Braylon in 2011 who went to the 49'ers.. At first Hill looked good he also cost the team a win against the Pats..

Braylon was hurt and they rightfully figured he wouldn't contribute much.  The decision to get rid of Braylon was made before Hill was drafted IMO

What he did on one throw against the Pats wasnt really important.  My point was he sucked and Rex threw him in the starting lineup, thought that was the conversation.

Braylon was hurt and they rightfully figured he wouldn't contribute much.  The decision to get rid of Braylon was made before Hill was drafted IMO

What he did on one throw against the Pats wasnt really important.  My point was he sucked and Rex threw him in the starting lineup, thought that was the conversation.

Whoops I'm sorry I broke JN's  rules of what one can say in a thread..:blink: One might have thought with both Braylon and Cotch gone it made sense to start Hill opposite Holmes with Kerley in the slot but silly me..

Rex didn't even want Hill don't you ever get tired of making crap up?? There is more then enough factual stuff to kill Rex on..:rolleyes:

http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/2012/09/stephen_hill_will_start_antoni.html

Stephen Hill will start against the Buffalo Bills as Rex Ryan named him the No. 2 wide receiver. The rookie struggled in the preseason, particularly with holding on to passes, but coach Rex Ryan liked how he responded.

"I think he’s doing well," Ryan said. "He seems to be catching everything. He did have those two drops in that game he responded by catching five balls later in that game. Again, every receiver drops passes. It’s just how you respond. You can’t lose confidence.

Whoops I'm sorry I broke JN's  rules of what one can say in a thread..:blink: One might have thought with both Braylon and Cotch gone it made sense to start Hill opposite Holmes with Kerley in the slot but silly me..

Jeez, why don't you make a NY resolution to stay on point.  JN's rules?  How about staying on point being one of the rules anyone should follow in the course of a conversation?

Point was Hill started from day one.  Nothing really complicated there Savage.  The point wasnt for Savage to make every excuse imaginable to defend Rex.  Or what does any of this have to do with Hill dropping the pass that cost us the Pats game?  I don't need a history lesson inside of every post.  Had nothing to do with the point of the posts

Jeez, why don't you make a NY resolution to stay on point.  

Point was Hill started from day one.  The point wasnt for Savage to make every excuse imaginable to defend Rex.  Or what does any of this have to do with Hill dropping the pass that cost us the Pats game?  I don't need a history lesson inside of every post.  Had nothing to do with the point of the posts

Why don't you make a resolution to stop arguing and nit picking every poster on the board?? :rolleyes:

Why don't you make a resolution to stop arguing and nit picking every poster on the board?? :rolleyes:

You're the one nitpicking here.  I said nothing argumentative until you got your panties twisted by me saying he started Hill on day one.  You're arguing with everyone in this thread, maybe you need to look at that illusive man in the mirror.  <_<

http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/2012/09/stephen_hill_will_start_antoni.html

Stephen Hill will start against the Buffalo Bills as Rex Ryan named him the No. 2 wide receiver. The rookie struggled in the preseason, particularly with holding on to passes, but coach Rex Ryan liked how he responded.

"I think he’s doing well," Ryan said. "He seems to be catching everything. He did have those two drops in that game he responded by catching five balls later in that game. Again, every receiver drops passes. It’s just how you respond. You can’t lose confidence.

I agree he started him who would you have liked opposite Holmes in 2012??

You're the one nitpicking here.  I said nothing argumentative until you got your panties twisted by me saying he started Hill on day one.  You're arguing with everyone in this thread, maybe you need to look at that illusive man in the mirror.  <_<

You were complaining I wasn't sticking to the point that Hill sucked.. Who else would you have liked to see start?? If you read any posts of mine praising Bowles lately that's not exactly defending Rex at least not to your level of defending Geno. LOL

You were complaining I wasn't sticking to the point that Hill sucked.. Who else would you have liked to see start?? If you read any posts of mine praising Bowles lately that's not exactly defending Rex at least not to your level of defending Geno. LOL

I was complaining?  Youre wrong, find the complaint.  If anything bringing up Hills drop had me confused, have no clue what that has to do with anything anyone is talking about.  Kind of like using Geno as a way of lessening the blow of your constant defending of Rex.  Even if true what does one have to do with the other?  Especially since like you I only wanted to see what Geno could have done with this team, this OC, these offensive weapons. 

What does who I would have started have to do with it?  The point was Rex started Hill immediately after supposedly hating the pick.  A fact he floated only after Hill proved to be useless, not at the time of the draft.  

I was complaining?  Youre wrong, find the complaint.  If anything bringing up Hills drop had me confused, have no clue what that has to do with anything anyone is talking about.  Kind of like using Geno as a way of lessening the blow of your constant defending of Rex.  Even if true what does one have to do with the other?  Especially since like you I only wanted to see what Geno could have done with this team, this OC, these offensive weapons. 

What does who I would have started have to do with it?  The point was Rex started Hill immediately after supposedly hating the pick.  A fact he floated only after Hill proved to be useless, not at the time of the draft.  

I defend fact when it comes to Rex and the facts are we had some good times for a couple of years.. Just like I enjoyed the hell out of the shutout of Manning's Colts in the playoffs when Herm was the HC or knocking the Colts and Pats out of the playoffs during Rex's time.. Now Herm,Rex or even the Great Mangini weren't good HC's but I enjoyed the time when the team won with them.. I thinks Bowles is the real deal and I'm happy as hell to have Mac and him.. I'm done arguing with you for the sake of arguing and just wish you a healthy and happy 2016..:)

Archived