ESPN is reporting Coughlin is out

joewilly12

Not the point.  The point was that Sanchez isnt better than Foles, his 4-4 record isnt better than the 6-2 record Foles put up and then he went off on some tangent about points scored.  I'm not dissecting Sanchezs games to figure which scores where his anymore than I would with Foles.  He said Sanchez led the Eagles to 30 per and I looked up the first 8 with Foles and they scored the same number of points.  

He wants to argue that Sanchez was the better QB for taking over a 6-2 team and going 4-4 because he led them to 30 points and Foles didnt I dont care.  Hes wrong either way.

This started in him saying Sanchez the backup was better than Eli in 2014.  Which changed years with every turn

While beating his chest that he won the argument.  Kind of funny actually

I saw Sanchez on thanksgiving and yeah...he isnt good....

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm sorry but Jerry Reese didnt blow all those mind numbing 4th quarter leads.  I respect Tom C and I do think he will go into the HoF but man, I dont know how many times they lost the game in the 4th quarter but it had to set a single season record.

The Giants were one of the least talented teams in the NFL this year. There defense was pathetic and their o-line was terrible. Reese failed to bring in a 2nd WR in case Cruz didn't get healthy and the Rbs were awful. Coughlin was a magician to get this team competitive in some of those games, even if he blew a couple. That happens with every coach (see Belichick vs Jets). 

It boggles my mind that anyone could think that Reese deserved to stay. If you fire Coughlin, you HAVE to fire Reese as Reese was responsible for putting together a really bad team. 

The Giants were one of the least talented teams in the NFL this year. There defense was pathetic and their o-line was terrible. Reese failed to bring in a 2nd WR in case Cruz didn't get healthy and the Rbs were awful. Coughlin was a magician to get this team competitive in some of those games, even if he blew a couple. That happens with every coach (see Belichick vs Jets). 

It boggles my mind that anyone could think that Reese deserved to stay. If you fire Coughlin, you HAVE to fire Reese as Reese was responsible for putting together a really bad team. 

they played in a weak division and held leads in many games.  you can't blame talent when you have that many late leads. I am not saying reese deserved to stay but Coughlin did a poor job this year.

Saw an article that sez it is possible for Mumbles leaving cheathole to Gmen land, wouldnt that be a hoot lol

that's not happening but he LOVES the Giants and if he were to ever leave that's the only place he'd leave for. 

ohhh that's the point not that you kept posting wrong info and didn't get it as I kept explaining it to you.

AGAIN, Foles went down w/ the score tied 7-7 so really he was 5-2 and Mark 5-4.  5-2 is still a better record but AGAIN the played the tough part of their sched the 2nd half and despite that mark raised the O to a new level.

Eli in 2014 led his team to a 3-9 start before winning some meaningless games.  I am glad that impresses you, it really gave them momentum coming into 2015...oops.  they sucked this year too and Eli, despite excellent #s, was a major reason why w/ a million late game mistakes in close games.

1.  You told me Foles left without a score.  I told you he scored at least 1 because he threw a TD pass.  I don't know what the score was when he left the game.  And if you have a problem with him being 6-2, too friggen bad.  You can petition theNFL.  Foles started and won the game.  

2.  Only a fool continues to argue wins and loses one team vs another as a indication of QB play.  The Eagles were a 10 win, playoff team that was sabotaged by Sanchez less than mediocre play.  Eli was on a shltty team

I listed Elis numbers and you ran to points scored.  Lost that argument and now are on wins and losses.  Not actual wins and losses.  Made up wins and losses.

You keep stroking yourself telling all you're winning.  

they played in a weak division and held leads in many games.  you can't blame talent when you have that many late leads. I am not saying reese deserved to stay but Coughlin did a poor job this year.

Are  you serious? What talent? The O-line was awful. They had zero WRs outside of Odell. The defense was one of the worst in the NFL. They gave up 420 yards a game, compared to the Jets 320 yards a game. It was a miracle the Giants didn't finish with the worst record in football. Not really a miracle, a product of Coughlin/Eli and Odell. 

1.  You told me Foles left without a score.  I told you he scored at least 1 because he threw a TD pass.  I don't know what the score was when he left the game.  And if you have a problem with him being 6-2, too friggen bad.  You can petition theNFL.  Foles started and won the game.  

2.  Only a fool continues to argue wins and loses one team vs another as a indication of QB play.  The Eagles were a 10 win, playoff team that was sabotaged by Sanchez less than mediocre play.  Eli was on a shltty team

I listed Elis numbers and you ran to points scored.  Lost that argument and now are on wins and losses.  Not actual wins and losses.  Made up wins and losses.

You keep stroking yourself telling all you're winning.  

1.  I admitted that, I got confused w/ Foles' pick 6.  it doesn't change the argument or how soundly defeated you were in it.

you don't know what the score was? I told you what the score was, I gave you the info.  you just chose to ignore it and credit foles for the 24 pts in 3 qtrs. that sanchez led the O to.

2. QB is about leading an O to points and making plays to win, some fans are impressed by meaningless fantasy #s(which is why most think Philip Rivers is great or that Eli was great this season) but some of us understand the game better than that.

you listed meaningless fantasy #s, I listed a player helping his team contend.

nothing to stroke, I wouldn't mention it if you wouldn't act so foolish.  I am trying to help educate you, please allow me to do so and maybe the next time you have this argument you will fare better.

Are  you serious? What talent? The O-line was awful. They had zero WRs outside of Odell. The defense was one of the worst in the NFL. They gave up 420 yards a game, compared to the Jets 320 yards a game. It was a miracle the Giants didn't finish with the worst record in football. Not really a miracle, a product of Coughlin/Eli and Odell. 

week 1 at Dallas:

defense scored a TD.  Giants had 23-20 lead driving late in the game w/ a chance to put it away. 3rd and 1 at the Dallas 1, Dallas had no timeouts left and there was 1:43 to play.  what do the Giants do? pass the ball, that's ok if they had a smart QB who knows if its open throw it and end the game and if not take the sack and keep the clock moving but what does Eli do?  throws an incomplete pass.  Instead of getting the ball w/ no timeouts and about 40 secs or so to play Romo gets the ball w/ 1:29.  all he had to do was take sack, FG still would have been chip shot and Dallas would not have had enough time to go down and score GW TD.  Great decision making by coughlin and Eli.

week 2 vs. Atl: holding 20-10 lead in 4th, Al scores TD to pull w/in 3 w/ 12:46 to play.  NYG O punts, NYG D holds.  NYG O gets  ball back 4 mins left, NYG punts again then Atl scores to take lead.  NYG O still has 2 TOs and 1:14 to play, they fail.  but it's all on the D, right?

Week 10 vs. NE: after D picks off Brady in EZ NYG gets ball trailing by 1. 1st and G at the 5 w/ 2:06 to play.  NE has 1 TO left.  what do they do? 2 straight incompletions on 1st and 2nd down to save NE time then Eli does what he should have done at dallas but NE had 1 TO left so now they had plenty of time to get in FG range to win it.  but this was the fault of the OL and D, right?  not poor decision making by the CS and the QB?

Week 13 vs. NYJ: leading 20-10 in 4th, they had dominated TOP all 2nd half w/ nothing to show for it. 4th and 2 at the NYJ 4.  FG puts them up 23-10 w/ over 8 mins to play.  at worst if they throw an incomplete pass the jets are starting their drive at their 4- what does Eli do? throws an INT and we return it to give us breathing room.  Later w/ NYG up 20-13 and a chance to run out clock. NYG goes 3 and out.  3rd and 6 w/ about 3 mins left, Eli is being pressured, rather than take the sack and let the clock run or force the Jets to use a TO(the way Bowles uses TOs he probably lets that clock run down) he scrambles then just throws the ball away to save valuable time for the Jets who needed a TD drive to tie.  but it was the D/OL's fault, right?  not the great Coughlin and Eli.

week 15 vs. Car: completely lost control of team, did not discipline beckham w/ his insane antics. great job HOFer!

a week later they were humiliated at Minnesota, way to show up and fight for that HOFer! Eli w/o beckham in this game: 3 INts, one returned for TD. the greatnes of Eli!

The Giants stunk for many reasons, 2 of them were the HC and the QB.

week 2 vs. Atl: holding 20-10 lead in 4th, Al scores TD to pull w/in 3 w/ 12:46 to play.  NYG O punts, NYG D holds.  NYG O gets  ball back 4 mins left, NYG punts again then Atl scores to take lead.  NYG O still has 2 TOs and 1:14 to play, they fail.  but it's all on the D, right?

The Giants stunk for many reasons, 2 of them were the HC and the QB.

I agree with the last sentence, but you just listed a game where the defense gave up touchdowns on two out of three drives to end the game.  That's pretty much on the D. Hold them to a FG and you are at least in OT.  The only stop they got was after Atlanta had fairly long drive from their own 2 because Church Lady was playing the field position game and their punter isn't sh*t like ours.  

I agree with the last sentence, but you just listed a game where the defense gave up touchdowns on two out of three drives to end the game.  That's pretty much on the D. Hold them to a FG and you are at least in OT.  The only stop they got was after Atlanta had fairly long drive from their own 2 because Church Lady was playing the field position game and their punter isn't sh*t like ours.  

the O had chances to close out the game too.  the team stunk but to absolve the O and the coaching isn't right.

says the guy giving Foles credit for Sanchez leading the O to 24 pts in 3 qtrs.

LOL, are you serious?  Crediting Foles?  Its really impossible to be this dense.  Stop with the Sanchez was good in Philly nonsense.

Youre the fool who thinks Sanchez at 4-4 played better than Foles at 6-2.  You need to stop. Why are you all over the board trying to continue your idiotic, losing argument a day later?  Do you have a life?

Up 10 late in the 3rd quarter the Falcons started their last 3 drives on their own 9, 2 and 30 yard lines.  If a D gives up 14 points under those circumstances the game is on them.

I didn't absolve the D but the O gets some blame too.  the worst games for Eli in regards to blowing leads were the Dallas, NE and NYG games but they still contributed to the others.

LOL, are you serious?  Crediting Foles?  Its really impossible to be this dense.  Stop with the Sanchez was good in Philly nonsense.

Youre the fool who thinks Sanchez at 4-4 played better than Foles at 6-2.  You need to stop. Why are you all over the board trying to continue your idiotic, losing argument a day later?  Do you have a life?

you really should stop talking about football.

Oh, I am not saying that Reese should stay.  Both of my brothers are die hard Giants fans so they were not surprised when the Jets won that game in that fashion.  I didnt hear either one of them complain about the roster though.  I had a family event last night and my brother fully puts it on Coughlin.  Not that he is an expert but he watched every down of every game for as long as I can remember.  He is glad that Coughlin was let go and thinks that Reecs should have been let go as well.  The Giants have been through this twice before with it being all but signed off that Tom C would be fired only for them to win the SB those years and all was forgiven. 

do we remember how coughlin was talked about pre first SB? how everyone wanted him fired then again how everyone wanted him fired before 2nd SB?  remember Terry Bradshaw ripping him and saying he could never play for a coach like Coughlin? remember multiple giants in 2010 saying how envious they were of the Jets and rex?  it's amazing how all these things are forgotten.

Oh, I am not saying that Reese should stay.  Both of my brothers are die hard Giants fans so they were not surprised when the Jets won that game in that fashion.  I didnt hear either one of them complain about the roster though.  I had a family event last night and my brother fully puts it on Coughlin.  Not that he is an expert but he watched every down of every game for as long as I can remember.  He is glad that Coughlin was let go and thinks that Reecs should have been let go as well.  The Giants have been through this twice before with it being all but signed off that Tom C would be fired only for them to win the SB those years and all was forgiven. 

My Giant fan family puts it on talent.  They don't want to dump Reese, but I think that is more blind homer than their wanting to keep Coughlin, basing it upon their comments.

let's not forget Giant fans wanted coughlin out in 2007 and 2011 before the SB runs so I don't know if we can use their judgment(not bashing giant fans it's how fans are in general). 

Coughlin did a poor job this year, reese has had his issues.  if they were firing coughlin they probably should have blown it up but who knows? they have a good ownership group(as much as I hate Mara) and they tend to know what they are doing.

let's not forget Giant fans wanted coughlin out in 2007 and 2011 before the SB runs so I don't know if we can use their judgment(not bashing giant fans it's how fans are in general). 

Coughlin did a poor job this year, reese has had his issues.  if they were firing coughlin they probably should have blown it up but who knows? they have a good ownership group(as much as I hate Mara) and they tend to know what they are doing.

..and Jets fans wanted to keep/dump Rex after 2011, 2012 and 2013.  Better a year (or two, or three) too early or a year too late?

..and Jets fans wanted to keep/dump Rex after 2011, 2012 and 2013.  Better a year (or two, or three) too early or a year too late?

many wanted him gone, I like stability especially w/ a guy who had success.  I don't think for us rex was the problem but we couldn't keep him w/ a 3rd GM.  the Idzik hire set us back a few years, I can't believe he wasted a draft w/ 12 picks.

many wanted him gone, I like stability especially w/ a guy who had success.  I don't think for us rex was the problem but we couldn't keep him w/ a 3rd GM.  the Idzik hire set us back a few years, I can't believe he wasted a draft w/ 12 picks.

I defended Rex as long as anybody, but what he has done in Buffalo indicates he was a huge problem.  I had wanted to see him in Atlanta where they had an offense and he could scheme D.  In Buffalo he just seems to be recreating his Jets tenure with all of the same mistakes included.  I thought Rex could succeed with a strong GM and a willingness to run an NFL offense - even to the detriment of defensive statistics.  He still might, but it doesn't look like we will ever find out because he does not seem to be willing to put himself in that situation.

I defended Rex as long as anybody, but what he has done in Buffalo indicates he was a huge problem.  I had wanted to see him in Atlanta where they had an offense and he could scheme D.  In Buffalo he just seems to be recreating his Jets tenure with all of the same mistakes included.  I thought Rex could succeed with a strong GM and a willingness to run an NFL offense - even to the detriment of defensive statistics.  He still might, but it doesn't look like we will ever find out because he does not seem to be willing to put himself in that situation.

I didn't watch them every week but I saw a team hit hard w/ injuries still compete and when the "leaders" on D don't buy in and are more concerned w/ stats that makes it hard to win.

I was hoping he'd go to Atl too so I could root for him(we'd be a playoff team now if that happened) but the funny thing is he O in Buf wasn't the problem, it was his D.

Archived