Rocky - Mafia game thread

Leelou

so two questions:

youre saying that Jif was willing to bus JC /start a competing train while you were the only train at time -thereby taking pressure away from the person casing him?

secondly, you've never been more sure Jif is scum yet he tells you he's a different player now and voted your other preferred Lynch so you're ok with him now. 

Got it. 

Very comfortable with my vote 

If JIF/JC are scum team, they are both in the sh*t. Of course they'd be willing to do whatever it takes to distance from each other. If at some point during the day they realized JC's soft claim wasn't going to work, JIF may have decided it was time to bus JC, and consequently JC came online and rolled over. It's really not a hard this to deduce if you put it in the context of them being teammates.

Yes, I'm absolutely certain that JIF is hitting his scum tells. I stand by what I said. That doesn't preclude me from voting the other people I have also cased as scum, especially when nobody is following me on JIF. As you gain experience, you'll come to realize that there's going to be times where your instinct is right, but your unable to get others to see it, all you can do at that point is make your case, remind people of it, but to spend multiple day phases beating a dead horse isn't productive and is disruptive to the town. I was beginning to do that... therefore, as I said, I'm willing to revisit JIF when the rest of the town is ready. My case has been made. In the meantime, I don't want to lose sight of the chance to tear down any other scum possible... because you know, there's more than 1 of them.

Of course you're comfortable with your vote, you don't know what you're doing. You've exhibited zero growth in understanding this game. All you are capable of doing is clamping down on my leg, while I look down and laugh at you... your brain doesn't understand the complexity of how I enjoy playing, and unfortunately when your neurons fire confusion translates into suspicion.

At this point, you are sincerely a handicap for either alignment you end up on. 

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ape telling Ballin what to do with his vote his great.

Someone should really peel off of JC and let him claim. Hyper Lynch didn't work well yesterday. 

This is quite a contradiction.

Anyway, fear mongering about the consequence of hyper lynch noted... even though that's not what this is, give that he sat at L1 over night. 80's lynch was an opportunistic quick lynch before the deadline.... that YOU were part of... JC came online and was present when at L2, I think, and basically fapped in our faces. What more might he say? You want to give him another 48 hours to come up with more sh*t to confuse the town?

Made it to the top of page 30 but I keep falling asleep so I'm going to call it here otherwise I'll just start skimming which defeats the purpose of rereading for the most part.

I'll try to finish the reread tonight and then I'll follow that up with thoughts on players.

they were actually my questions about CTM to ball sac that you decided to turn around and ask me- he still hasn't responded yet by the way. 

I had mentioned that I had no time Friday to read and therefore I need to catch up. so I was asking you for a clear 1-2 sentence explanation but if that's a problem, so be it. 

I know he hasn't responded. It doesn't matter, I'd bet good money that you're just going to double down on you vote on me. You've done nothing but bitch about me posting too much, now you're asking me to repeat something I've stated several times over, when I tell you no, you'll use it as an emboldening moment for your baseless case on me.

2 sentences: Go **** yourself. You're the worst mafia player I've ever seen.

I copied my post for context. It's just absurd to say you'd guess how I would respond when you had 90 minutes to see that I had multi-quoted your thoughts on Jif.

Secondly, you're turning into a pot shot taking grump and I remember how you were aligned last time you started acting like an even whinier cu /\/ t  than you normally are.

If JIF/JC are scum team, they are both in the sh*t. Of course they'd be willing to do whatever it takes to distance from each other. If at some point during the day they realized JC's soft claim wasn't going to work, JIF may have decided it was time to bus JC, and consequently JC came online and rolled over. It's really not a hard this to deduce if you put it in the context of them being teammates.

Yes, I'm absolutely certain that JIF is hitting his scum tells. I stand by what I said. That doesn't preclude me from voting the other people I have also cased as scum, especially when nobody is following me on JIF. As you gain experience, you'll come to realize that there's going to be times where your instinct is right, but your unable to get others to see it, all you can do at that point is make your case, remind people of it, but to spend multiple day phases beating a dead horse isn't productive and is disruptive to the town. I was beginning to do that... therefore, as I said, I'm willing to revisit JIF when the rest of the town is ready. My case has been made. In the meantime, I don't want to lose sight of the chance to tear down any other scum possible... because you know, there's more than 1 of them.

Of course you're comfortable with your vote, you don't know what you're doing. You've exhibited zero growth in understanding this game. All you are capable of doing is clamping down on my leg, while I look down and laugh at you... your brain doesn't understand the complexity of how I enjoy playing, and unfortunately when your neurons fire confusion translates into suspicion.

At this point, you are sincerely a handicap for either alignment you end up on. 

Long way of saying your conviction isn't as strong as you stated before. "Ebb and tide of the town" I believe is what you accused me of earlier. I guess it's a different standard if you're a big bitchy Ape.

This is quite a contradiction.

Anyway, fear mongering about the consequence of hyper lynch noted... even though that's not what this is, give that he sat at L1 over night. 80's lynch was an opportunistic quick lynch before the deadline.... that YOU were part of... JC came online and was present when at L2, I think, and basically fapped in our faces. What more might he say? You want to give him another 48 hours to come up with more sh*t to confuse the town?

Oh boy. Of all three of these posts, this is the worst. You telling a player where to vote =/= me suggesting we let someone claim.

Oh boy. Of all three of these posts, this is the worst. You telling a player where to vote =/= me suggesting we let someone claim.

When I told Ballin to take his vote off Verbal, it was because Verbal was at around L2, and Ballin expressed that he wasn't sure what he was doing. I was giving him a gameplay tip. As in, it is customary, that we don't leave someone sitting in jeopardy, if you aren't even sure wtf to do with your vote. It's considered proper form.

The rest of what you wrote is you spinning yourself in circles. What an absolute fool.

I copied my post for context. It's just absurd to say you'd guess how I would respond when you had 90 minutes to see that I had multi-quoted your thoughts on Jif.

Secondly, you're turning into a pot shot taking grump and I remember how you were aligned last time you started acting like an even whinier cu /\/ t  than you normally are.

Long way of saying your conviction isn't as strong as you stated before. "Ebb and tide of the town" I believe is what you accused me of earlier. I guess it's a different standard if you're a big bitchy Ape.

I never jump ahead, I always return to thread, and read from the point I last was at. I've always done this... Ape catch-ups are often comedy gold, because sometimes I'm reacting to things that are already irrelevant, but I do it anyway because it helps me digest everything as it happened. But good catch, you got me, I picked up where I left off... I must be scum.

I posted a lot... I must be scum.

I voted more than one of the people on my list of suspects... I must be scum.

I am a sharp tongue insult machine... I must be scum.

Why are you trying so hard to derail the lynch on JC... I must be scum, right?

I never jump ahead, I always return to thread, and read from the point I last was at. I've always done this... Ape catch-ups are often comedy gold, because sometimes I'm reacting to things that are already irrelevant, but I do it anyway because it helps me digest everything as it happened. But good catch, you got me, I picked up where I left off... I must be scum.

I posted a lot... I must be scum.

I voted more than one of the people on my list of suspects... I must be scum.

I am a sharp tongue insult machine... I must be scum.

Why are you trying so hard to derail the lynch on JC... I must be scum, right?

Wow! When being applied to Ape, every standard practice needs to go out the window I guess.

1: Expect you to respond in context. - unless you were trying to flood the board with irrelevant crap. scum tell? or just ego tell?

2: refer to 1.

3: You called me scum for doing the same thing on D1.

4: This is your meta.

5: Asking for a reveal is not derailing a lynch. nice nudge

Made it to the top of page 30 but I keep falling asleep so I'm going to call it here otherwise I'll just start skimming which defeats the purpose of rereading for the most part.

I'll try to finish the reread tonight and then I'll follow that up with thoughts on players.

This game desperately needs someone else to apply themselves... up until now:

• Pac does a monster re-read, votes lamely
  • Smash bitched about me D1, then when I left him alone, he got silent
  • JIF is scum, and has put more effort into casing me in rebuttal to my case on him, than anything else, but he only votes me when I vote him, except now he stopped because I pointed out that that's a scum tell
  • Nyn "seems" to be trying in hiccup-ey appearances, but to me is suspect
  • JC got busted as scum, and rolled over
  • CTM is placating me, and fence-sitting
  • Verbal is nudging lots of stuff, but not taking any chances 
  • Crusher is dead, I have sad
  • 80 is dead, I'm not surprised
  • Ballgag is hiding behind being a newbie and only thinks there is 1 player in this game: me
  • Lizzie is stupid and only thinks there is 1 player in this game: me

I think that about covers it, no? If I left someone out, it's probably because I'm scum... right Lizzie?

• JIF is scum, and has put more effort into casing me in rebuttal to my case on him, than anything else, but he only votes me when I vote him, except now he stopped because I pointed out that that's a scum tell
  • Ballgag is hiding behind being a newbie and only thinks there is 1 player in this game: me

I think that about covers it, no? If I left someone out, it's probably because I'm scum... right Lizzie?

You're just the loudest, most illogical, and therefore dirtiest.

There will be great information given to this town if you die, that I have no doubt.

You haven't sold me on JiF and I'm not going to place my vote there, or cosign a JC lynch just because you want me to.

I'm comfortable staying put. That's what conviction looks like.

Wow! When being applied to Ape, every standard practice needs to go out the window I guess.

1: Expect you to respond in context. - unless you were trying to flood the board with irrelevant crap. scum tell? or just ego tell?

2: refer to 1.

3: You called me scum for doing the same thing on D1.

4: This is your meta.

5: Asking for a reveal is not derailing a lynch. nice nudge

He came online at L2, didn't he? Pretty sure he did. He opted not to reveal. We're clear to finish the lynch dude... get a clue.

There's nothing to nudge, I don't think you are scum. I think you're retarded.

I considered that you might be scum, and your team encouraged you to bog me down with your idiocy... but my conclusion was that it would be a losing proposition for them as a team, because they'd know I'd get you lynched and annoying me isn't worth forfeiting a team member. Unless they view you dying as the biggest contribution you can make to their team, and in that case, I'd assume they bus you. The only circumstance where this logic might not apply is if Ballin and JIF are part of the scum team with you, then there wouldn't be any brain power there.

You're just the loudest, most illogical, and therefore dirtiest.

There will be great information given to this town if you die, that I have no doubt.

You haven't sold me on JiF and I'm not going to place my vote there, or cosign a JC lynch just because you want me to.

I'm comfortable staying put. That's what conviction looks like.

You don't know what you're doing. You being confused doesn't make me dirty.

I agree, I'm an informative lynch... that doesn't make me scum, and it doesn't make me the ideal lynch in this circumstance. You're advocating lynching me for information rather than JC after he bluffed a soft claim, and then basically came in thread a rolled over. 

I'm not trying to sell you on JIF, nor have I tried to sell you on JC. I put my cases/thoughts out there. If people don't believe in them, I still put them out there. If I'm cratering too much, I move on. I did so with JIF. Nobody here thinks I just "changed my mind" on him. I just stopped derailing the thread bickering with JIF. *looks at you, wonders if you get it*

I don't care what you do with your vote. I think you're retarded and the least influential member of the game. 

You don't have conviction, you have paranoia. You get confused by my play, and then become myopic, and paranoid... It's obvious in what you're saying, you sound like you're trying to convince yourself I'm dirty, while at the same time ignoring basic game logic swirling around you.

It's fine, you want to crater in on me. I get it. I'm arrogant, smart and confuse you. You can't get past the schtick.... the game doesn't really need you right now.

I'd suggest you go play about 50 games on other boards, that I'm not involved in, so that you can start understanding the game logic, patterns, and idiosyncrasies, without fixating on the same person in every game (which you do). Maybe, then, when you aren't Ape-crazy, you can see the game better. It'll help. There've been times where I hit slumps here, or had stretches where I obsessed over figuring out 1 other player (CTM, to his credit) and I go play elsewhere to tune-up. 

Meta is a terrible tool to determine alignment.  Much prefer voting record and commentary.

I like how Ape's commentary on my play links two alignments without other considerations.  So I'll let the town judge his actions.

Oh, gosh, well thanks for giving town permission to judge... now that we know it's okay... 

Bold is hogwash. You've cased me specifically on meta reads so, so, so many times... just plain full of sh*t. You also voted Pac earlier in this game and said "played to type", implying it was a vote driven by a meta read. If you cared about voting record and commentary, then you'd be examining that. You aren't.

FTR...little guilt here on my 80 vote.  I had not read that JiF had self- voted.  Wish I had.  Would have changed my Day 1 vote in hindsight.

Nobody believes you. 

The enormous regression of JC's play is really bizarre and kind of sad.  He used to be one of the more intelligent and analytical players but now a majority of his posts are a hot steaming pile of moose sh-t.

JC I hereby demand you to get back to basics in subsequent games and prove you're smart.  This iteration of your persona is puke worthy. 

It's not an insult.  

Ballin I think you're doing fine for a first time player, you're not trying to do too much which is good, trust me on that. There is a lot to take in and a lot of crazy personalities to deal with and right now your going back and forth with one of the bigger personalities here in that mouth breathing monkey idiot. We insult each other to the point of some EMO breakdown's but its never personal cause after its all over, most of us here are friends and have been for a while. You seem to have a thick skin and that's good cause you'll need it playing this game on this site. Compared to other sites this one can be particularly brutal and we are VERY critical of one another but once again its all in fun.

When the game is over, APE's still the greatest (in his own mind), PAC is still well PAC... JIF still thinks he's the best scum hunter ever (er lol)... Lizzie is still nuts .... CTM is like a mini APE that actually makes sense...80 sucks every game... Most of the girls never get voted early (and they know it) .... Crusher folds under pressure of being scum (and he knows it) ...Verbal is like the Rocky Doll (you can beat it, you can punch it, it takes a terrible beating) Nolder is nuts .... And I'm the only sane one here .

Pac is a bitch who doesn't even play anymore. He signs up and posts once or twice every ~72 hours about how he'll read the thread later when it's worth the time of his majesty. He said Jan is his busiest month but he pulled this sh*t all last season.

Smash, as usual, has an emo bitch fit D1.

Jif is probably scum yes.

Nyn is moping around. Not her usual self but not necessarily scummy outside meta reasons.

JC, yeah probably scum but still wanna finish my read before condemning him.

Verbal idk, back and forth kind of.

Bally should probably be lynched D3 if he says one more stupid thing. Newbie card revoked.

LK is...well I think the spaghetti thing covered it. Doesn't matter what his alignment is really.

The enormous regression of JC's play is really bizarre and kind of sad.  He used to be one of the more intelligent and analytical players but now a majority of his posts are a hot steaming pile of moose sh-t.

JC I hereby demand you to get back to basics in subsequent games and prove you're smart.  This iteration of your persona is puke worthy. 

I hereby demand you suck a bag of dicks.

Pac is a bitch who doesn't even play anymore. He signs up and posts once or twice every ~72 hours about how he'll read the thread later when it's worth the time of his majesty. He said Jan is his busiest month but he pulled this sh*t all last season.

You disgusting swine..  I play when I am ready to play and not a second before! 

I saw your early game contributions which consisted of putting your face in between Nyns rack and blowing rasberries.  How dare you!

Smash, as usual, has an emo bitch fit D1.

Jif is probably scum yes.

Nyn is moping around. Not her usual self but not necessarily scummy outside meta reasons.

JC, yeah probably scum but still wanna finish my read before condemning him.

Verbal idk, back and forth kind of.

Bally should probably be lynched D3 if he says one more stupid thing. Newbie card revoked.

LK is...well I think the spaghetti thing covered it. Doesn't matter what his alignment is really.

JC is town.  

Meta is a terrible tool to determine alignment.  Much prefer voting record and commentary.

I like how Ape's commentary on my play links two alignments without other considerations.  So I'll let the town judge his actions.

FTR...little guilt here on my 80 vote.  I had not read that JiF had self- voted.  Wish I had.  Would have changed my Day 1 vote in hindsight.

JC you are a shameless self repping whore

Since JC knows he's at L-1 yet does not bother to reveal he should probably be hammered unless of course he changes his tune .

What's to hard about a reveal JC ?

I guess...I'd ask why you want to run me up...but I'm sure it will not matter...I'm VT.

yes, why yes, i am a whore.  thanks for the observation.  may i get a lucky punch.

The vibe I'm getting from you is scummy or you've just given up as town without even trying to mount a defense. If I'm wrong tell me why. I would also like to know why you posted that soft claim on JIF being town ? What was you're reasoning ?

You got run up because people wanted answers. Its the same as a random player getting run up to a reveal only difference with you is we wanted some answers as well.

I'm going to Unvote to give you a shot at answering.

The vibe I'm getting from you is scummy or you've just given up as town without even trying to mount a defense. If I'm wrong tell me why. I would also like to know why you posted that soft claim on JIF being town ? What was you're reasoning ?

You got run up because people wanted answers. Its the same as a random player getting run up to a reveal only difference with you is we wanted some answers as well.

I'm going to Unvote to give you a shot at answering.

Looked liked the right thing to do at the time.  Wanted to see who would chase the soft claim and low and behold look at the swarm that moved in that direction.  Pretty sure at least two scum are on my train.  They had no idea I was not the cop and yet they anxiously poured fuel to the fire.  Basically, I split the field in two.  Also, found scum in Nyn who never voted me yet nudged my train like cat plays with a mouse.  You guys can thank me end of game.

Looked liked the right thing to do at the time.  Wanted to see who would chase the soft claim and low and behold look at the swarm that moved in that direction.  Pretty sure at least two scum are on my train.  They had no idea I was not the cop and yet they anxiously poured fuel to the fire.  Basically, I split the field in two.  Also, found scum in Nyn who never voted me yet nudged my train like cat plays with a mouse.  You guys can thank me end of game.

you're voting Jif

Archived