Which Jet (player, coach, GM, owner) Did You Like But Everyone Hated?

TuscanyTile2

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow.  You're ******* young.  I was already worried about having suffered traumatic brain injuries during the '82 Freeman McNeil run.  Go watch the youtubes in nyjunc's classic thread.  The Bengals and Raiders playoff games were awesome.  Do not, under any circumstances watch the Mud Bowl Dolphin game.  It was the defining moment in making me the miserable cynical **** that I am today.  **** you Don Shula! 

Ha - yep already them. I love the history of the league and love learning/watching the history of the Jets. I've seen the highlights and clips of most of the Jets big/memorable games already. I've read the history of the mud bowl. Serves to remind me why some of the older guys hate the Dolphins seemingly as much as I hate the Patriots. For the longest time, I couldn't for the life of me understand Jets fans who didn't consider the pats as the worst evil-doers in all the land. 

+1

Underrated player.  #40.  I was pissed when they let him go to the Chiefs.  They got Aaron Glenn and I guess Kotite figured who needs two good CBs?  Replaced him wth Otis Smith.

they didn't let him go, he wanted out in the worst way and was a FA.  he wouldn't have comn back here for any amount of money.

Otis Smith 1998 was probably the best corner play we have had in the last 20 years outside of Revis.

So you're both saying that Mangini's Defense was the reason we were 8-3, but not the reason we ended 1-4? Favre gets no credit for 8-3, and shoulders complete blame for 1-4. 

That's convenient. 

Once again, thank you both for proving my point - I liked Favre, most here hated him. 

I liked Favre too.  Not sure that I realized that he was hated by Jet fans.  Or maybe at least to the degree you're describing ("most here hated him")

Pete Carroll he was fired TO SOON!!!!

Pete was never given a chance.  he did have a chance in NE and didn't do very well so I think he needed all of that to happen to develop into the great HC he has become but he was never given a chance here.

Archived