The Jets QB Situation

joewilly12

3 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

What team do you watch?  We were very healthy?  

We had Cro, Williams, Revis, Wall, Gilchrist and Pryor miss time and/or play injured.

We lost our starting TE.  We lost our 2nd TE.  The fill in TEs had injuries.

We lost our RBs.  Our 1 missed time and played injured and ultimately was injured for our most important game of the year.  Our 2 wasn't there either, missed even more time than Ivory.  Our 3 was put on IR and wasn't available when our 1 & 2 were out.  

Marshall was injured for a stretch.  Our number 3 WR missed most of the season.

We lost our K early for the season.

brutal schedule.  Lol, get over the friggen schedule.  When all is said and done schedule will be fine.  Crying over the schedule is lame

compared to other teams in the league, the jets were very healthy

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply
45 minutes ago, PatsFanTX said:

Actually, the Jets were the healthiest team in the NFL last year.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/page/32for32x151021/ranking-most-banged-nfl-teams-1-32

TX, there's no sense in talking to him. He's completely brainwashed JETS!!!! If I call Geno Smith a POS (which he is), he actually ARGUES with me about it. Makes a lot of sense doesn't it?

8 hours ago, UntouchableCrew said:

So what? That's idiotic logic. 

If you think that's idiotic logic, then YOU are an idiot. When the Jets beat the Redskins they had a LOSING record. Therefore, they beat a team with a LOSING record. They did NOT beat a team with a winning record because they finished the season with a winning record long AFTER the Jets had played them. That's the dumbest sh*t I've ever heard.

TX, there's no sense in talking to him. He's completely brainwashed JETS!!!! If I call Geno Smith a POS (which he is), he actually ARGUES with me about it. Makes a lot of sense doesn't it?

You know me Maine, I've always said everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

This place would be pretty boring if everyone agreed.

Looking back at the Jets schedule if you go game by game like Mainejet proposes we could only have two wins over winning teams at the time of the game, both times we played the Pats.  Every other team was .500 or less when we played them.  So basically we split our games against winning teams.

17 hours ago, cant wait said:

compared to other teams in the league, the jets were very healthy

Reading the list of injuries they were not very healthy.

Unless you think comparing them to a couple of teams changes everything.  They had their fair share of injuries

But once again, we need to look for ways to convince our own fan base that the 10 wins we put up werent very impressive.  For a number of idiotic reasons.  Today its the new angle, we didnt have enough injuries to make 10 wins legit.  

6 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Reading the list of injuries they were not very healthy.

Unless you think comparing them to a couple of teams changes everything.  They had their fair share of injuries

But once again, we need to look for ways to convince our own fan base that the 10 wins we put up werent very impressive.  For a number of idiotic reasons.  Today its the new angle, we didnt have enough injuries to make 10 wins legit.  

Sorry to burst your bubble but the jets were very healthy especially compared to the teams we played down the stretch, including buffalo. going into week 17 the jets were the only team in the AFC with their starting QB and primary targets all heathy. injuries were not the reason the jets failed, in fact they were given a gift wrapped opportunity to get into the playoffs and they choked

One of the biggest reasons the Jets were as successful as they were was because they remained very healthy throughout the season. Sure, we lost Decker and Ivory for the Eagles and I point to both of them missing as the reason we lost. I look at Powell missing and Bowles benching Ivory as the reason we lost in Buffalo. But the Jets in general were very healthy. They were very lucky in that regard last season. we could only hope to be that healthy next season and truly I doubt they'll come even close.

12 minutes ago, Mainejet said:

One of the biggest reasons the Jets were as successful as they were was because they remained very healthy throughout the season. Sure, we lost Decker and Ivory for the Eagles and I point to both of them missing as the reason we lost. I look at Powell missing and Bowles benching Ivory as the reason we lost in Buffalo. But the Jets in general were very healthy. They were very lucky in that regard last season. we could only hope to be that healthy next season and truly I doubt they'll come even close.

I feel like we had just about everything we could hope for go right last year and we didn't make the playoffs.  We'll see how the offseason goes but we definitely need to improve if we want to get back to 10 wins.  If we get to 10 wins this year, I think it'll be a real accomplishment.

1 hour ago, cant wait said:

Sorry to burst your bubble but the jets were very healthy especially compared to the teams we played down the stretch, including buffalo. going into week 17 the jets were the only team in the AFC with their starting QB and primary targets all heathy. injuries were not the reason the jets failed, in fact they were given a gift wrapped opportunity to get into the playoffs and they choked

Don't most of the Geno fans say our starting QB got punched out in the preseason ?

1 hour ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I feel like we had just about everything we could hope for go right last year and we didn't make the playoffs.  We'll see how the offseason goes but we definitely need to improve if we want to get back to 10 wins.  If we get to 10 wins this year, I think it'll be a real accomplishment.

And for most Jet fans, getting back to 10 wins will be a bit of a disappointment, especially if we don't make the playoffs. The expectations always go up, they never go down. Fan are probably expecting without voicing it that this team should make the playoffs AND win a playoff game. I know that's what I think is a reasonable accomplishment?

1 hour ago, ljr said:

Don't most of the Geno fans say our starting QB got punched out in the preseason ?

I think the jets were hoping geno would take the reins in preseason but once he got TKOed fitz was the unquestioned starter. If I was a rookie coach or GM I wouldn't trust geno smith to be my starting QB either after that nonsense. These guys aren't going to risk their jobs with a bozo like that leading the offense

On 24/02/2016 at 3:36 AM, Mainejet said:

If you think that's idiotic logic, then YOU are an idiot. When the Jets beat the Redskins they had a LOSING record. Therefore, they beat a team with a LOSING record. They did NOT beat a team with a winning record because they finished the season with a winning record long AFTER the Jets had played them. That's the dumbest sh*t I've ever heard.

Question for you :

Jets play Patsies / Carolina / Denver / whoever in Week 1 and win.

Does that not count because the team they played didn't have a winning record at the time?

Would beating that same team in Week 2 mean more?

23 minutes ago, jamesr said:

Question for you :

Jets play Patsies / Carolina / Denver / whoever in Week 1 and win.

Does that not count because the team they played didn't have a winning record at the time?

Would beating that same team in Week 2 mean more?

Also consider the inverse, say the Jets beat a team that starts 2-0, and then finishes 2-14, do they get credit for beating the team with the 1st overall draft pick because they were 2-0 when the Jets beat them? 

On February 24, 2016 at 10:30 PM, Mainejet said:

But Tx was right about Mallet and Cassel.  They turned out to be the best quarterbacks in the nfl

6 hours ago, BowlesMovement said:

Also consider the inverse, say the Jets beat a team that starts 2-0, and then finishes 2-14, do they get credit for beating the team with the 1st overall draft pick because they were 2-0 when the Jets beat them? 

Were the patriots .500 or better?  I recall beating them and playing them to within a td the first game

7 hours ago, BowlesMovement said:

It's why I think you have to look past the point in time. See the season in context, rather than looking at it week by week. And yes, that cuts both ways - NE in Week 16 & 17 were less strong a team than NE from earlier in the season. I think that almost says more about the game we lost than the one we won.

13 minutes ago, jamesr said:

It's why I think you have to look past the point in time. See the season in context, rather than looking at it week by week. And yes, that cuts both ways - NE in Week 16 & 17 were less strong a team than NE from earlier in the season. I think that almost says more about the game we lost than the one we won.

Considering tannehill and the Dolphins destroyed that same NE team the following week, I'm inclined to agree

On 2/20/2016 at 11:41 AM, joewilly12 said:

Currently on the roster and under contract is Geno Smith and Bryce Petty 

Fitzpatrick isn't worth throwing big money at to win us 9-10 games and not make the playoffs

The 2016 schedule is a lot tougher 

Why not draft a rookie and let the 3 QBs in camp battle it out for the top spot and use the cap money for other glaring needs OL,LB,RB a pass rusher

Until we can acquire a franchise QB if none of the 3 are them 

So basically you are saying, nah let's don't sign Fitzpatrick, but let Geno Smith be the QB again. That IS what your are saying, because Petty isn't ready and a rookie sure as hell won't be. Otherwise, with Fitzpatrick signed the team could let Petty battle with Geno for second string and hopefully Petty would win. I am not saying don't draft a QB either because I am with Big Mac when he says you should draft a QB every year. But your suggestion would set the team back 10 years, especially because we already know what Geno is.

3 hours ago, Ex-Rex said:

So basically you are saying, nah let's don't sign Fitzpatrick, but let Geno Smith be the QB again. That IS what your are saying, because Petty isn't ready and a rookie sure as hell won't be. Otherwise, with Fitzpatrick signed the team could let Petty battle with Geno for second string and hopefully Petty would win. I am not saying don't draft a QB either because I am with Big Mac when he says you should draft a QB every year. But your suggestion would set the team back 10 years, especially because we already know what Geno is.

Where did Fitzpatrick get us 10 wins happy dancing celebrating only to be sitting home when it matters the most. 

You dont have the ability to make sense or decide who does or doesnt make sense.

On February 24, 2016 at 9:41 PM, PatsFanTX said:

Actually, the Jets were the healthiest team in the NFL last year.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/page/32for32x151021/ranking-most-banged-nfl-teams-1-32

Actually this is a list as of sometime in Oct.

Yeah, brainwashed.  Because if you make a statement about injuries, you have to be brainwashed to think they had their fair share of injuries.  

4 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Actually this is a list as of sometime in Oct.

Yeah, brainwashed.  Because if you make a statement about injuries, you have to be brainwashed to think they had their fair share of injuries.  

Just had a look at this article. Yes, it was written on Oct 21st, so bears no relation to the picture of the full season. But it also skews the numbers by counting a full season of "missed starts" even when you're only in October,

Basically, losing a scrub in pre-season counts for more than anything in pushing your team "up" the rankings. 

28.5% of the Patsies "injury rating" came from losing a FB in pre-season. 

But hey, it gives the detractors something completely made-up to bash the Jets with. 

4 hours ago, jamesr said:

Just had a look at this article. Yes, it was written on Oct 21st, so bears no relation to the picture of the full season. But it also skews the numbers by counting a full season of "missed starts" even when you're only in October,

Basically, losing a scrub in pre-season counts for more than anything in pushing your team "up" the rankings. 

28.5% of the Patsies "injury rating" came from losing a FB in pre-season. 

But hey, it gives the detractors something completely made-up to bash the Jets with. 

If the entire team died in a plane crash a week later the Jets would still have been healthy, lol

On 2/20/2016 at 4:03 PM, Jetster said:

I completely agree with you. Fitz with full camp as undisputed starter, Amaro back, Enunwa getting better, Smith with a full camp, a stud rookie RB, Powell back, Gailey expanding the offense, probably new BETTER RT. 

CANT WAIT!

And hopefully he gets beat out in camp by Petty.... ;-)

The reason this team didn't make the playoffs last year despite winning 10 games is that we sh*t the bed both games against Buffalo and sorry, but Fitz  was a responsible as any one else for losing those games.  Granted he had a very good season (which he should have, since this was probably the best overall team he ever played on) but when it counted, he wilted.  Now a year later some how we expect what; for that to change?  I am PRAYING that Petty steps up in camp and makes it a REAL competition.  I think Fitz would make a great back up and mentor to him. 

1 minute ago, JetBlue said:

The reason this team didn't make the playoffs last year despite winning 10 games is that we sh*t the bed both games against Buffalo and sorry, but Fitz  was a responsible as any one else for losing those games.  Granted he had a very good season (which he should have, since this was probably the best overall team he ever played on) but when it counted, he wilted.  Now a year later some how we expect what; for that to change?  I am PRAYING that Petty steps up in camp and makes it a REAL competition.  I think Fitz would make a great back up and mentor to him. 

Agree if we dont go out and get Kaep. 

5 minutes ago, JetBlue said:

You would think this would be what Mac/Bowles would hope happens, but who knows?

4 minutes ago, no psls said:

There is no situation . It's Fitz's job if he wants it . Petty is still learning . Geno blows chunks !!

This time last year everyone thought Geno was history and he went into camp as the starter.  We don't know what is going to happen in July and August; Fitz still has to go out and perform like everyone else; we don't know how Petty will look in camp after a full offseason of work outs mini camps etc.   

Just now, JetBlue said:

This time last year everyone thought Geno was history and he went into camp as the starter.  We don't know what is going to happen in July and August; Fitz still has to go out and perform like everyone else; we don't know how Petty will look in camp after a full season of work outs mini camps etc.   

Fitz may demand more money than Macc wants to pay we have many glaring needs and unless we are getting a franchise QB I dont think the Jets overpay for Fitz. 

Archived