Pussy Power

Lizard King

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, StraightCash said:

This conversation is terrifying. When did craaaaaaazy Hess get so analytical and when did Nyn get so dense

I'm scaring myself right!!!! But it's about bring pragmatic not analytical.

the potential bad FAR outweighed any potential good in her decision.

Just now, HessStation said:

I'm scaring myself right!!!! But it's about bring pragmatic not analytical.

the potential bad FAR outweighed any potential good in her decision.

I'm just used to you posting 1-2 sentences at a time while driving. I don't think ever ever seen you write a whole paragraph before.

29 minutes ago, Nynaeve said:

I didn't have to come clean about it on N2 because we ******* lynched the role blocker on D2. 

Not trying to beat a dead horse but I missed this and I think it's important enough to talk through. 

On N2 we came sooooo close to targeting you as the Nk. And JiF self protected. So you would have been dead with a non confirmed scum/cult..."confirmed" as Town via the cop. Now imagine a game that goes to last 2-3 players and 200 puspages and 2 plus weeks of invested playing. And if town lost on that. 

Know what I mean? Wasn't a big deal this game but how pissed would you be if you were one of the town players who invested the time and made it to end game to lose like that.

im all for calculated lying to screw or pressure scum but in this case it's way too risky waiting anymore more than that day to spill the beans.

<3

And to be fair. This wan't some kind of plan. I ****ed up and claimed and I was trying to make up for it so it was a spur of the moment decision when I saw I got blocked. I didn't know there was a cult in play. I didn't know the doc would jerk himself off every night. So yes, factoring in all of these things, it could have gone wrong. But in a standard town/mafia game with a doc that does what he's supposed to do? It should have been fine.

Btw I think LK has potential to be an awesome mod with a little more experience. It's why I don't like modding fwiw. You have to remember sh*t you otherwise wouldn't think about. Nuances and sh*t. Letting player x know this or that etc i.e. Crush not knowing about the vest. Etc etc. Once he gets that down, I think the idea and set up were pretty cool though. 

55 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

It was a little, but not enough to get upset over.

Things that could have improved it:

• More townies, a setup like this works better with 18 or so people
  • Scenes that tipped a conversion took place, this is just my opinion, but I feel it's absolutely necessary as a means of declaring what type of game it is
  • Make scum shoot on odd nights, make cult recruit on even nights, or something like that
  • Give everyone a gun and a shot of whiskey

You need that to get through any game. 

This is like the first time I try anything of this caliber. I believe in honest play and I usually frown upon deceptions and gambits, because they complicate things. But In this specific case I felt like I let town down and put myself in a hole. I was trying to see if I could dig myself out of it because I thought it was worth the try. I did what I could.

10 minutes ago, Nynaeve said:

So now it's my fault that the doc doesn't protect the claimed and uncountered cop?

But he made the right call because he'd have been dead N2 if he did. So in that situation your plan would have in fact worked bc you'd have then spilled D3 bc you'd be dead n3. 

There are definitely scenarios that it wouldn't have hurt town but I'm just saying there's also scenarios that It would have. 

The play just seems very risky for little reward. 

My rule of thumb as doc is to protect the uncountered cop. Just because jiF got lucky with your NA choice doesn't make it the right call. But whatever. I'm not going to apologize for assuming that the doc that was town reading me was going to protect me at night.

2 minutes ago, Nynaeve said:

This is like the first time I try anything of this caliber. I believe in honest play and I usually frown upon deceptions and gambits, because they complicate things. But In this specific case I felt like I let town down and put myself in a hole. I was trying to see if I could dig myself out of it because I thought it was worth the try. I did what I could.

Given the circumstances you felt you were under I can totally get why. 

It really didn't have an effect on the game anyway so it's all good. 

1 minute ago, Nynaeve said:

My rule of thumb as doc is to protect the uncountered cop. Just because jiF got lucky with your NA choice doesn't make it the right call. But whatever. I'm not going to apologize for assuming that the doc that was town reading me was going to protect me at night.

That's fair reasoning tbh. 

1 hour ago, StraightCash said:

Lol Nyn tells me to learn to take criticism but she has a rebuttal for everyone. Even when her idol CTM drops Doggin tactics she fights it. Whatever, time to move on

lol

1 hour ago, Nynaeve said:

Just because the fake peek didn't phase you guys specifically, doesn't mean that the idea behind it wasn't valid. Like I said, I've seen this used before and it worked. Obviously the best way to work it is by choosing a townie. I thought Lily was town. 

Lying as town is generally not a good idea, or valid. I just don't agree with you, but I do out-of-the-box stuff a lot myself, so I can't hate on you for it. Just giving you the perspective from the other side of your lie. :)

Now I see where the term Apette came from 

It had more to do with people that let me lead them around by the nose. Similar to how we called CTM the pied piper, the same people usually let him steamroll them... CTM didn't like that someone other than himself had sway over all of the innocent minds of JN Mafia, so he deemed them Apettes.

As for play/arguing style, you are more similar to how I was in my first 10 games than anyone in a long, long time.

This conversation is terrifying. When did craaaaaaazy Hess get so analytical and when did Nyn get so dense

lol, Hess has always been this way... but he rarely lets it show 

Fine. I'm terrible at mafia. Go me.

Just as you asked Brett to respect your opinion, you should respect his... or at least not pout.

34 minutes ago, HessStation said:

Btw I think LK has potential to be an awesome mod with a little more experience. It's why I don't like modding fwiw. You have to remember sh*t you otherwise wouldn't think about. Nuances and sh*t. Letting player x know this or that etc i.e. Crush not knowing about the vest. Etc etc. Once he gets that down, I think the idea and set up were pretty cool though. 

I agree.

I took her out of the pool for exactly one day. I don't think it had much of an impact... but again... with cult in the picture, this whole discussion is pointless.

And if I could earn myself another night or two to peek, then I think it was worth it. Telling town scum had a roleblocker wouldn't really serve much. So they have a blocker. Yay?

The game only lasted 3 day phases, no?

1 hour ago, Integrity28 said:

lol

Lying as town is generally not a good idea, or valid. I just don't agree with you, but I do out-of-the-box stuff a lot myself, so I can't hate on you for it. Just giving you the perspective from the other side of your lie. :)

It had more to do with people that let me lead them around by the nose. Similar to how we called CTM the pied piper, the same people usually let him steamroll them... CTM didn't like that someone other than himself had sway over all of the innocent minds of JN Mafia, so he deemed them Apettes.

As for play/arguing style, you are more similar to how I was in my first 10 games than anyone in a long, long time.

Actually it was pac that coined apettes you moron

And bolded is true, Ape Gunior. Lets hope his career takes an upward trajectory as opposed to yours

this game was really so close to what could've been a classic ending. If Lizzie tells Crusher he lost his vest, or Crusher just votes the guy claiming his role we very likely end up here

lynch 80.. realize there's a cult and he had no vest so avm is lying

Crusher at this point would have to kill AVM cause he tied himself to 80 and we'd not know how much cult was out there

Next day lynch is obviously Lilly who was the remaining townies second choice

then we come to night and Crusher decides who he wants to take to end game : me (the guy who Jif is town reading) vs Brett (the guy with an innocent investigation)

And end game is Crusher trying to convince his adoring little twink to go against his strongest town read all game or the guy with the innocent result. And I'd be willing to bet he pulls it off for probably the best scum comeback of all time.

14 hours ago, Nynaeve said:

You were not vetted.  Your investigations were worthless.  You provided nothing.  You revealed with 2 votes on you.  You cleared the Cult Leader for 3 days.  We already were down 2 scum. We didnt know there was conversions. Protecting myself worked one night.  We thought only a GF remained. You staged the Brett lynch. 

But you expected me to keep protecting you...

Sorry, but with all that said, I valued myself and my protection role a little more than a worthless cop.  

Archived