Peyton Manning to Retire after 18 seasons

Gas2No99

On 2/28/2016 at 9:04 PM, RutgersJetFan said:

Can Jets fans come to some sort of agreement that we'll all just verbally agree he's the GOAT, regardless of if you think it's true or not, only because it pisses off New England fans? This should be a thing. 

I would love to do that but I have a hard time lying, the reality is he's nowhere near Brady.

45 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

yeah it was Chad's fault.  You have to love Jet fans, we are just the worst.

Yeah....  having a QB spend half his career on injured reserve is something to pumped about.

We get it you were happy with the small time playoff wins.2002 division title while we had Chad.  Real teams were winning the SB while you were annointing to your 

Chad poster.  

10 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

Yeah....  having a QB spend half his career on injured reserve is something to pumped about.

We get it you were happy with the small time playoff wins.2002 division title while we had Chad.  Real teams were winning the SB while you were annointing to your 

Chad poster.  

and it was all Chad's fault obviously.  You are so wise.

On 2/28/2016 at 2:32 PM, Larz said:

brady herself would say montana is the GOAT, any real pats* fan knows this

1) Joe Montana, San Francisco 49ers & Kansas City Chiefs.

Career postseason record: 16-7

Career postseason statistics: 460-734, 5772 yards, 45 TD, 21 INT; 95.6 passer rating

There's no way around it.

Joe Montana is the greatest postseason quarterback in the history of the National Football League.

Montana holds a 4-0 record in the Super Bowl. All four times he posted a triple-digit passer rating. His 11 touchdowns are a Super Bowl record and his zero interceptions in 122 pass attempts are a testament to his greatness.

He helped the 49ers jump out to a 20-0 lead against the Bengals in 1981. They scored 38 points against the Dolphins in 1984. He led one of the greatest fourth quarter game-winning drives in NFL history in a rematch with the Bengals in 1988, culminating in a 10-yard touchdown pass to John Taylor with 34 seconds remaining.

And he threw five touchdown passes against the Broncos, while helping the 49ers score 55 points.

Montana has thrown one or fewer interceptions in 18 of his 23 postseason games. He posted a passer rating above 100 in 12 of his 23 playoff games, including eight in a row. He averages 250 yards and two touchdown passes per game.

Even when Montana struggles, he often finds a way to get the job done. He threw three interceptions against the Cowboys in the 1981 NFC championship game, before firing a game-winning third-down touchdown pass to Dwight Clark with under a minute remaining.

He threw three interceptions against the Giants in the 1984 divisional round, yet still threw for 309 yards and three touchdowns, while rushing for 63 yards, including a 53-yard scamper, in a 21-10 victory.

"Joe Cool" could win games any way. He won close games: 28-27, 20-16, 27-24. He won blowouts: 55-10. 41-13. 38-16. Simply put, Montana was legendary in the regular season.

In the postseason? He was simply magical.

Greatest SB QB?  I can buy that(even though they faced mostly inferior teams in the SB due to NFC being so much better than AFC) but best overall?  

Brady is 22-9 in postseason, 71%

Montana 16-7, 70%

Brady has done it over a longer period of time.  Montana's first playoff win was 1981, last 1993.  Brady 2001, last(until next year) 2015.  Brady was never benched during a postseason game, Montana was.  Lowest amount of points Brady led his offense to in postseason?  13, for Joe? 3(multiple times).

One and dones?  in 11 postseasons Joe was one and done 4 times.  In 13 postseasons Brady has two.

SB apps?  6 to 4 in favor of Brady

title game apps?  Montana 7, Brady 10 

there is a great case for either overall but O favor Brady, in SBs it's Montana but postseason overall Brady.

52 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

Brady has done it over a longer period of time.  Montana's first playoff win was 1981, last 1993.  Brady 2001, last(until next year) 2015.  Brady was never benched during a postseason game, Montana was.  Lowest amount of points Brady led his offense to in postseason?  13, for Joe? 3(multiple times).

Oh fer Chrissake.  I can see a comparison if one QB only had a few years of being great and another went on for over 10 years or more, but I am not crediting Brady with having a long run of playoff years because his lasted 13 years and Montana's lasted "only" 11.  That's getting desperate.  And bringing up the lowest amount of points during a postseason loss might well qualify you for a stay of observation at Bellevue.

17 minutes ago, kelticwizard said:

Oh fer Chrissake.  I can see a comparison if one QB only had a few years of being great and another went on for over 10 years or more, but I am not crediting Brady with having a long run of playoff years because his lasted 13 years and Montana's lasted "only" 11.  That's getting desperate.  And bringing up the lowest amount of points during a postseason loss might well qualify you for a stay of observation at Bellevue.

we are splitting hairs over these two, they are both worthy of the mythical crown of greatest QB of all time.  Brady has never led hsi O to less than 13 meaning he gave his team a chance, when you lead your O to 3 are you giving them a chance?(unless they are scoring on D/STs and SF did not in those games).

5 hours ago, nyjunc said:

Greatest SB QB?  I can buy that(even though they faced mostly inferior teams in the SB due to NFC being so much better than AFC) but best overall?  

Brady is 22-9 in postseason, 71%

Montana 16-7, 70%

One and dones?  in 11 postseasons Joe was one and done 4 times.  In 13 postseasons Brady has two.

SB apps?  6 to 4 in favor of Brady

title game apps?  Montana 7, Brady 10 

there is a great case for either overall but O favor Brady, in SBs it's Montana but postseason overall Brady.

I wonder why goodell destroyed those tapes

weird

1 minute ago, Larz said:

that was covered here

let it sink in

ok, quoting threads is different now

I don't know what that says and I don't care, all teams look to bend rules to gain an edge.  I want to know why it didn't work for BB until Brady became his QB?

4 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

+1

Easily the worst poster on the board. At least Tx is funny coherent.

another terrible poster(I assume b/c I don't have the slightest clue who you are) who contributes nothing speaking about other posters who do contribute.  

1 minute ago, nyjunc said:

I don't know what that says and I don't care, all teams look to bend rules to gain an edge.  I want to know why it didn't work for BB until Brady became his QB?

they specifically discuss that in the article

read it if you dare, lol

1 minute ago, nyjunc said:

all teams do what they can, it says it started in 2000 but why didn't it work until Brady became his QB?  

seriously ?   they got better at it

duh

don't just skim the article, read it and let it sink in

Archived