Alternatives if Fitzpatrick walks

hawk

26 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Then go take a dog for a walk.  You will not be missed.

Get rid of him Crusher.  He makes the forum that much worse.  Far better when he wasn't here.  it's always best to sterilize an area that has been polluted.  And all he does here is pollute.  There are stinky TX droppings in almost every thread.  H's never been house trained.  Since we can whack him in the snout with a rolled up newspaper, just ban the dude for another year or two.  You see how effective the last ban was.

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Dcat said:

and far >>>> than you, who has no reason to be here.  

I don't think you've ever answered why you do spend so much of your time here.  I spent maybe 5 minutes over the past 2 years on the Pats site. Grand waste of time.  You have no life, Mike?  Pretty sad.

Gotta love how PatsTrollTx is setting posts up on a T with his other screen name for himself! Looks like it backfired though and that one got banned, hopefully this account gets banned too, he does nothing but instigate Jets fans

38 minutes ago, PatsFanTX said:

Fitz is looking for his last big payday in the NFL.

He's coming off a very good season and the numbers being offered to QB's is ridiculous.

He will not be giving the Jets some sort of hometown discount.

We'll see.  I bet he would take a bit less to remain in Chan's system, which is just about his only chance to be good out there.  While he might insist on $13 or $14 from the Rams or a team such as them, he might take a 2-3 million less to get the chance to repeat his success here within Chan's system.  Having Marshall and Decker as targets certainly has its appeal.  We can only wait & see. 

17 hours ago, AFJF said:

Okay....I'll donate $100 to JN if Fitz is back and the Jets win ten games with him under center....because, you know, that'll do something, somehow.

16 hours ago, cant wait said:

You're on, if we get 10 wins you and fitz will get your vindication. On the flip side, I will be glad to trade my $100 for a 10 win season next year so technically I'm rooting for you

7 minutes ago, Dcat said:

wut?  I don't think anyone is celebrating a 10 win, no playoffs result.  Where are you reading that?  You are making an unsupported assumption that wanting to sign Fitz for 2016 means people were content with missing the playoffs.  That's poor reasoning.   I think, rather, that they (and me too)  are looking at Fitz vs. Geno vs. Petty and selecting the best option of the 3 for 2016.  

An unsupported assumption? Where are you reading playoffs?   

8 minutes ago, Dcat said:

the point about civility is relevant.  Hey, I can be as guilty as the next guy of derisive posts, particularly for Pats fan trolls who deserve what they get, but you'll get zero respect by bashing fellow Jets fans when they disagree with you.  

Too many unfamiliar faces jumping straight to personal attacks when proven wrong makes me wonder if we have a few Pats fans having a little fun or Jets fans in the HS age range.  I'm not gonna' pretend I wasn't that age once too.

20 minutes ago, PatsFanTX said:

So, if the Rams offer him $15MM and the Jets offer him $10MM, you think he will remain with the Jets?

You can't possibly be that delusional.

the gap is too wide there.  But a $14 to $11 gap makes it more tempting to stay in Gailey's system that Fitz loves with much better WRs than those on the Rams

20 minutes ago, PatsFanTX said:

Personally, I think the Jets offer him $10-$12MM.

I still think some team out there will offer him more.

agree with the first point.  Not sure about the second.  He'll no doubt get a 2 year contract.  So a lot depends on the guaranteed money.  Just as much as the average annula $$ amount.

26 minutes ago, PatsFanTX said:

Fitz is looking for his last big payday in the NFL.

He's coming off a very good season and the numbers being offered to QB's is ridiculous.

He will not be giving the Jets some sort of hometown discount.

Very possible.  Then don't pay him and scramble.  Last year we took an injured  QB jag journeyman Harvard graduate NFL equivalent of a homeless person and he had his best season ever .  More us than him IMFHO.  Just do it again. 

18 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

It doesn't matter what I would offer him it matters what the Jets want to pay him but I will play if I was the GM I would offer him 2 years 1 guaranteed at about $7-$10 million a year with an very incentive laden contract. 

finally.  thank you. I don't think $20 million with $10 guaranteed would do it.  $24 with $14 guaranteed might.

18 minutes ago, PatsFanTX said:

Bad analogy Dcat.

Jets bought themselves a year by tagging Mo and could still work out a long term contract with him.

They don't have that luxury with Fitz.

true.  That is indeed a significant difference.  But the underlying point is that Mac may have several reasons for waiting.  That he doesn't have a Jets 2016 gig yet does NOT prove that Fitz is not desired by the Jets for 2016.

8 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Get rid of him Crusher.  He makes the forum that much worse.  Far better when he wasn't here.  it's always best to sterilize an area that has been polluted.  And all he does here is pollute.  There are stinky TX droppings in almost every thread.  H's never been house trained.  Since we can whack him in the snout with a rolled up newspaper, just ban the dude for another year or two.  You see how effective the last ban was.

Understood. But though he is kinda stinky he does at times add good stuff too. Like a really good doorman with really bad B.O.  I will sniff him daily and make sure the stench doesn't get too bad.

28 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Fitz was winning games and seemed to have won the players over at that point is my guess. 

And the coaching staff, management and perhaps owner felt that Fitz was way better than the catastrophe that Geno is.  At last year's Town Hall meeting in Florham Park, Woody actually mentioned how awful it was to watch Geno step on the endzone line in a crucial play and another play too.  I was shocked when I heard it.  Never heard an owner critique a player in front of a roomful of STHs like that.   It was painfully obvious and abundantly clear just how dissatisfied Woody was with Geno.  

10 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Understood. But though he is kinda stinky he does at times add good stuff too. Like a really good doorman with really bad B.O.  I will sniff him daily and make sure the stench doesn't get too bad.

Best analogy ever.  

PatsFanTX, the stinky, smelly doorman.  

46 minutes ago, BowlesMovement said:

Gotta love how PatsTrollTx is setting posts up on a T with his other screen name for himself! Looks like it backfired though and that one got banned, hopefully this account gets banned too, he does nothing but instigate Jets fans

He's hoping we sign Ryan Mallet to vindicate his man love for him

the gap is too wide there.  But a $14 to $11 gap makes it more tempting to stay in Gailey's system that Fitz loves with much better WRs than those on the Rams

That's the question right there; what is the gap?

I'd say if it is less than $2MM, then Fitz will stay with the Jets.

From a purely football perspective, there is no other team out there that can offer Fitz what he has with the Jets.

1 minute ago, PatsFanTX said:

That's the question right there; what is the gap?

I'd say if it is less than $2MM, then Fitz will stay with the Jets.

From a purely football perspective, there is no other team out there that can offer Fitz what he has with the Jets.

Agreed.

Intriguing situation.  Can't wait to see how it turns out.

1 hour ago, PatsFanTX said:

So, if the Rams offer him $15MM and the Jets offer him $10MM, you think he will remain with the Jets?

You can't possibly be that delusional.

I don't buy the Rams going after Fitz at all, they are looking to make a splash; sell the future. A 10 year grizzly journeyman at $15 mil per year does not sound like it is a part of their formula.

The Jets are certainly expecting the market to set the price for him and it won't be at $15 mil.

The Jets want to give him a 100% raise 7-8 mil, he wants 15, will probably be somewhere in the middle.

On 3/4/2016 at 6:43 PM, UpstateJetsGuru said:

I didn't see much rallying in that final Buffalo game.

He picked the worst time to have his worst game, which I guess is the definition of a journeyman QB. He made good use of his running ability until that game when he was like a statue in the pocket and looked panicky. Next years schedule is brutal and I don't know if Fitzy is up to the task. But, he is quite possibly the best option the team has. Geno Smith is like a deer in the headlights under pressure and forgets that he has some athletic ability, but his brain freezes, his legs so wobbly and he takes sacks or throws picks. No good. 

15 minutes ago, Ex-Rex said:

He picked the worst time to have his worst game, which I guess is the definition of a journeyman QB. He made good use of his running ability until that game when he was like a statue in the pocket and looked panicky. Next years schedule is brutal and I don't know if Fitzy is up to the task. But, he is quite possibly the best option the team has. Geno Smith is like a deer in the headlights under pressure and forgets that he has some athletic ability, but his brain freezes, his legs so wobbly and he takes sacks or throws picks. No good. 

LOL @ Geno's brain freezes.  In order for your brain to freeze, you have to first have one. 

Kidding aside, Geno processes the activity on the field very slowly.  Bythe time he realizes what his happening, he is several steps behind the defense and can't catch up and make a play.  He panics and then does stupid things often resulting in a turnover or a huge loss of yardage.  Unfortunately, this is not something that is easily fixed, if it is possible at all to fix it.  You just can't force his little brain to process what is going on fast enough for the NFL.  Heck, he couldn't even process fast enough at WVU, which is why they put him in an offense where he didn't have to process anything. 

Smith has never been, is not now, and will NEVER be NFL QB material.  Not because of his arm, which is fine. But because of his brain.  

11 hours ago, jetrider said:

Don't cave to AFJF level. You want the playoffs, nothing less.

Only a true load-chugging Fizz lover like AFJF and CarlWD40 will celebrate 10 meaningless wins and a sofa ride in January.

21 hours ago, jetrider said:

I think AFJF got hit in the head by too many flying bottles at GnR concerts.

Either that or he flunked 4th grade math ... or both.

So here is the deal.

If I see you attack any poster here again for their opinions you will be banned for life.

Absolutely no need for garbage posts like this. I am really confused as to why you would feel something like this is acceptable.

8 hours ago, BowlesMovement said:

Tx does not use fake accounts. He never has.

5 minutes ago, Maxman said:

So here is the deal.

If I see you attack any poster here again for their opinions you will be banned for life.

Absolutely no need for garbage posts like this. I am really confused as to why you would feel something like this is acceptable.

Lay it down Max. ::whip:

14 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Tx does not use fake accounts. He never has.

I believe Tx was a Jet fan in his past life.  Either that or he has a hot chic who's a Jet fan and he wants to stay on her good side.     

11 hours ago, jetrider said:

Don't cave to AFJF level. You want the playoffs, nothing less.

Only a true load-chugging Fizz lover like AFJF and CarlWD40 will celebrate 10 meaningless wins and a sofa ride in January.

I think you're reading into this wager a little too much. I don't think the jets can get to 10 wins again next season with another season of fitz, of course I want the playoffs 

10 hours ago, BowlesMovement said:

I'm not pissed off in the least, I just think it's Rediculous. I know for a fact my 12 year old niece reads this forum, she's a huge Jets fan, and it's Rediculous she hast to see posts like that. 

I mock and ridicule your and others incredibly obnoxious posting style, I have discussion with same logical people even if I disagree with them. You and your posse like to throw your diarrhea over every thread on this board, rarely making any coherent logical points.

What's ridiculous is you think your niece reads this forum.

She hangs out in The Lounge.

1 hour ago, hawk said:

Would you take the Giants or Tampa Bay or Tennessee's 2nd round pick for Wilkerson, if they threw in their back up QB?  

for mettenberger? hell no, and I don't really know what to make of glennon so I'd probably decline that offer too

On 3/6/2016 at 2:22 AM, joewilly12 said:

If you like Geno and dont like Fitz you are bashed daily here its just the way it goes. 

Good bunch of guys all around,dont take it personally. 

Nah, the Geno guys just have short memories. It was dark times for Fitz supporters last off season. This is nowhere near as bad as we had it. But, hey, being right cures all so no ill will on our side. Can we all just bury the hatchet and hope Jets figure out a way to bring Fitz back? Geno/Matt Moore/Jimmy Clausen... oh Lord...

Archived