Giants tell Cruz, pay cut or get released.

pointman

19 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

That's what Jets should do with Brick!

Hardball!

Except for the fact that Cruz hasn't played in two seasons and Brick is our starting tackle.  If Cruz walks nothing changes for the Giants.  Brick walks we're missing 20% of our OL and the best T on the roster

2 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Except for the fact that Cruz hasn't played in two seasons and Brick is our starting tackle.  If Cruz walks nothing changes for the Giants.  Brick walks we're missing 20% of our OL

and he's going into the ring of honor and hasn't missed a practice or game in 10 years

3 minutes ago, Larz said:

and he's going into the ring of honor and hasn't missed a practice or game in 10 years

One of the players fans totally under appreciate.  He's not worth what he's set to earn in 2016 but a lot of it because he reduce d his contract and it was backloaded to help the Jets.  But he still can play, even if he's obviously winding down

OL, a position most don't get. 

21 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

One of the players fans totally under appreciate.  He's not worth what he's set to earn in 2016 but a lot of it because he reduce d his contract and it was backloaded to help the Jets.  But he still can play, even if he's obviously winding down

OL, a position most don't get. 

Oh, I get IT. I've seen the tape these last 2 yr. and it will be even worse after this upcoming season.

MacD could care less about nostalgia, Ring of Honor etc. He's here to build a winner.

Another year of overpriced/under-performing play is not what GM &  coach are looking for.... IMO

Oh, I get IT. I've seen the tape these last 2 yr. and it will be even worse after this upcoming season.

MacD could care less about nostalgia, Ring of Honor etc. He's here to build a winner.

Another year of overpriced/under-performing play is not what GM &  coach are looking for.... IMO

So who's gonna replace him in your mind?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

Kelvin Beachum or to a lesser extent Okung or Schwartz

Cheaper/ Better / Younger.

beachum is a 7th round pick coming off ACL surgery

okung is 28 and has never played 16 games in a season and made $7 million last year and is looking at his last big contract, he aint gonna be cheap

which Schwartz ?  the RT ?

1 hour ago, bealeb319 said:

He has been injured for awhile now I am surprised they haven't already released him.

Once these guys get a Chunky Soup commercial, they become incredibly difficult to get rid of.

Just now, Larz said:

beachum is a 7th round pick coming off ACL surgery

okung is 28 and has never played 16 games in a season and made $7 million last year and is looking at his last big contract, he aint gonna be cheap

which Schwartz ?  the RT ?

You've conveniently left out what had happened between his 7th rd. selection and his injury.

He was THE guy protecting Big Ben's blind side and did a very good job before the injury.

Snacks was an UDFA, what the hell difference does it make where he was drafted 5 yrs. ago. 

C'mon your not that naive.

We have little cap space and need to get a top 12 starting caliber LT at a reasonable price.

To do that you have to take guys coming off injury or some personal issues.

Lars I get it you want to keep Brick.... I don't.

You don't have to repeat your Brick shtick everytime I comment to someone else about a LT I like better than "your guy"

1 minute ago, 32EBoozer said:

You've conveniently left out what had happened between his 7th rd. selection and his injury.

He was THE guy protecting Big Ben's blind side and did a very good job before the injury.

Snacks was an UDFA, what the hell difference does it make where he was drafted 5 yrs. ago. 

C'mon your not that naive.

We have little cap space and need to get a top 12 starting caliber LT at a reasonable price.

To do that you have to take guys coming off injury or some personal issues.

Lars I get it you want to keep Brick.... I don't.

You don't have to repeat your Brick shtick everytime I comment to someone else about a LT I like better than "your guy"

fine, sell your guys, persuade me

the ACL was in october, when will he be ready ? will he be ready ?

which schwartz ?

59 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

And his replacement is?  Your plan is? 

And if you think he sucks, no you don't get it.  As I said, he's not worth what he's owed but he doesn't suck 

Never mind the comparison to V Cruz is pointless.  

And by the way

1 minute ago, Larz said:

the ACL was in october, when will he be ready ? will he be ready ?

which schwartz ?

He will be ready from what the Pitt beat writer said and yes Schwartz the RT who has plyed LT in college but has been playing RT due to Joe Thomas

CAL CAREER (Career Stats): Started all 51 games possible during his Cal career from 2008-11 to fall one start short of Syd'Quan Thompson's school record of 52, making the starts at either left tackle (35) or right tackle (16) ... earned first-team All-Pac-12 and Pac-12 All-Academic in his senior season ... also named second-team All-Pac-10 as a junior and was an honorable mention choice in his sophomore campaign ... named honorable mention Pac-10 All-Academic (2008-10) and earned the Brick Muller Award as Cal's Most Valuable Offensive Lineman (2009-11) for three seasons each.

sorry I got into this again, my bad.  the jets are not replacing brick this year, 0.00% chance of that.  next year is his decision year not this year

this was a total waste of time

I need to work on my impulse control

1 hour ago, Integrity28 said:

Once these guys get a Chunky Soup commercial, they become incredibly difficult to get rid of.

well he must think he is well worth the money seeing as he was giving OBJ advice on how to play last season...

11 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Except for the fact that Cruz hasn't played in two seasons and Brick is our starting tackle.  If Cruz walks nothing changes for the Giants.  Brick walks we're missing 20% of our OL and the best T on the roster

If many of these guys actually ran a team it would be like the Bengals in the early 90s. No free agent would ever come play for them after a couple of these "take-it-or-leave-it / F You" type offers that only work in theory. John Idzik (king of the take-it-or-leave it deal) proved that you can't operate that way except in very specialized situations where there is a gross disparity in leverage and the replacement cost is low to you. And even then you wouldn't be Hard Assed Johnny from Queens, you'd say "Look, Agent, all we can offer for Player is X. We ran the numbers and it is what it is. We'd love to have Player on the club but we understand you've gotta do your due diligence on behalf of your client. We can honor the offer for a couple days until we need to make Plan B. Let us know and thanks for your time. We will talk about the other 9 guys you represent next week. Give my best to Rachel and the kids."

This is a small community and a business of relationships. You can't afford to (1) cut your nose off to spite your face; or (2) routinely make bluffs you aren't willing to follow through on. Once the book was out on you, you'd be like a poker player with an obvious tell. It wouldn't take long there are only about 800 registered NFL agents, and I'd bet the top 10-20% of them represent well over half the players. You see the same folks across the table 3, 4, 5+ times each season. To have a long career you have to build a relationship of honest dealing. Doesn't mean you can't negotiate hard. But if you're a prick all the time and never budge why would anyone ever bother to engage in a negotiation with you? You'd basically just be The Banker from Deal or No Deal and people would only come to you for a starting offer they can shop around. And you'd be the 2014 Jets. Forever. Until you got shipped off to Jacksonville to run the Salary Cap accounting software in a windowless room far away from agents, players, or the negotiating table.

Archived