Gather your pitchforks, light your torches...

sirlancemehlot

1 hour ago, rammagen said:

and you could be really wrong and the course Mac is taking is correct. People build them selves all up and get upset when they think they know more then the people that are paid to do this. Yes he could be wrong but on the other hand the team could be right and what then.

And what high priced free agent m an limited eyesight he signed Revis and he was considered a high price free agent and the team sucked this his is third draft and his eye for talent is much better the idzicks that should be apparent. Revis at the time was a high proced and valued free agent. they over paid and for one yr it worked. So I think I answered your question if yu pay and in some cases over pay you will get someone. But I would rather build through the draft and not over reach for someone. So far outside of hack who has he really reached for? who has he done a bad job getting via the draft?

I agree a quick fix does not work but there is no evidence outside of you sense of foreboding he is going to sign people next yr which is my entire point. You can say what ever you want and I counter point everything whether you agree or not. I am not trolling I am just showing you have solid evidence to back up what you are saying and trying to pass of as fact

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000477937/article/darrelle-revis-new-york-jets-agree-to-terms-on-deal

I love the "there is no quick fix" people

What has Mac done this offseason to improve this football team? Sign a crappy 38 year old Qb whose record last 3 years is 3-20? Draft a half dozen strong safeties?

When are the jets supposed to be good again? 2069?

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Bugg said:

Maccagnan 's player evaluation really have to be called into question with the Hackenberg pick. And clearly he allowed idiot Bowles to have wwwwwaaaayyyyy too much input this year. Also plausible the lucky sperm club owner allowed Bowles to have such input in this bizzaro organizational chart. Picking a safety in round 1 is not understanding how the draft works. it simply is not a slot ever worthy of the top pick(spare me Ed Reed and Troy Polamalu; great even HoF players but with a team as awful as this a top safety is akin to a Rolls Royce hood ornament on a '72 Dodge Dart; trade freaking down). Picking 2 safeties at the top when your OL, RB and  QB slots are garbage is dereliction. The safety you get in round 4 is not going to be all that much worse than the guy you get in round 1 or 2, fill the other holes. Because the quality of the above premium slots  fall off the cliff in the later rounds.

But Maccagnan is at a clear disadvantage that few other GMs face; the HC reports to the owner, not him. While he as said lovely things about idiot Bowles, he cannot be happy about the failure to run a pro offense with Petty nor not playing Hackenberg at all. He took the job knowing that. Still if Petty or Hackenberg are in fact decent pros being held back by an idiot scared Bowles(within the realm of possibility), we are once again leading the NFL in dysfunction. But one serious demerit; I do not understand the rush to sign McCown. Jets bid against themselves for a guy that should not take a single 2017 snap for a team needing to find out what they have in Petty and Hackenberg. And if they were inclined could've signed him for a whole bunch less after the draft. 

Also begs the question, (assuming Hack sucks), do you really want to let this regime make the call on a top-three pick you're going to use on a QB? 

3 minutes ago, thadude said:

Hey newsflash: Rich Kotite was horrible and Bowles might be worse

That's not my point. You said sarcastically we should've kept Rich another season. I said at least we would've gotten Peyton had we kept Rich one more year. That would've been the only silver lining for keeping him past '96.

Just now, August said:

That's not my point. You said sarcastically we should've kept Rich another season. I said at least we would've gotten Peyton had we kept Rich one more year. That would've been the only silver lining for keeping him past '96.

The Mannings weren't going to play for Woody Johnson like they weren't going to play for Spanos. Archie knows that coaches and GMs come and go, but you can't overcome an idiot owner

14 minutes ago, August said:

Because the original point about Bowles not being able to get fired after two years is bs

12 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

The Mannings weren't going to play for Woody Johnson like they weren't going to play for Spanos. Archie knows that coaches and GMs come and go, but you can't overcome an idiot owner

That's what worries me about Darnold.

2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

I thought Hess was the owner in 1997?

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

The one to watch is Rosen. Dude has a lot to say, and could humiliate Woody on the daily

I love how jets fans want to tank for Rosen.  He's coming off an injury and has a reputation as a headcase.  After that the next best qb is Lamar Jackson who is basically Michael Vick.

12 minutes ago, thadude said:

I love how jets fans want to tank for Rosen.  He's coming off an injury and has a reputation as a headcase.  After that the next best qb is Lamar Jackson who is basically Michael Vick.

I don't think the report is he's a head case. The rumor is that he's a goofball.

4 hours ago, rammagen said:

and you could be really wrong and the course Mac is taking is correct. People build them selves all up and get upset when they think they know more then the people that are paid to do this. Yes he could be wrong but on the other hand the team could be right and what then.

And what high priced free agent m an limited eyesight he signed Revis and he was considered a high price free agent and the team sucked this his is third draft and his eye for talent is much better the idzicks that should be apparent. Revis at the time was a high proced and valued free agent. they over paid and for one yr it worked. So I think I answered your question if yu pay and in some cases over pay you will get someone. But I would rather build through the draft and not over reach for someone. So far outside of hack who has he really reached for? who has he done a bad job getting via the draft?

I agree a quick fix does not work but there is no evidence outside of you sense of foreboding he is going to sign people next yr which is my entire point. You can say what ever you want and I counter point everything whether you agree or not. I am not trolling I am just showing you have solid evidence to back up what you are saying and trying to pass of as fact

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000477937/article/darrelle-revis-new-york-jets-agree-to-terms-on-deal

LOL. Your a funny guy. Revis? He was signed true, but how many others were rumored to be after him? Revis had already gotten his ring and his play showed it. No young in their prime player is going to want to come to a 2-14 team. Your first argument was that he had all that cap space and could sign guys to make up for the draft mistakes he made. Its obvious we will never agree here. Getting you to see my point is like trying to get a snowflake to like a conservative. It ain't happening. So while I think your OPINION is quite childish and naive lets just say we agree to disagree okay?

2 hours ago, JetFaninMI said:

LOL. Your a funny guy. Revis? He was signed true, but how many others were rumored to be after him? Revis had already gotten his ring and his play showed it. No young in their prime player is going to want to come to a 2-14 team. Your first argument was that he had all that cap space and could sign guys to make up for the draft mistakes he made. Its obvious we will never agree here. Getting you to see my point is like trying to get a snowflake to like a conservative. It ain't happening. So while I think your OPINION is quite childish and naive lets just say we agree to disagree okay?

Revis is the one of the reasons Macc and Bowles still have jobs and supposedly "earned a third year."  As bad as he was last year in 2015 Revis was statistically a top 5 CB and significantly improved the pass defense.

5 hours ago, thadude said:

I love the "there is no quick fix" people

What has Mac done this offseason to improve this football team? Sign a crappy 38 year old Qb whose record last 3 years is 3-20? Draft a half dozen strong safeties?

When are the jets supposed to be good again? 2069?

so there is a quick fix if so please do tell? Look this team was so bad and missing talent from Idzick that any draft pick with any sense of talent shoudl stick on this roster. Your made because he drafted  two safeties? Without knowing their draft board and how they want to build the team(not how the fans want to build the team) maybe they decided this was the ebst course. I just love the nay sayers and not letting the guy do what he was brought here to do and believe they know more then the guys paid to do this.

I would go so far to say teh jury is out and it is looking dim for Bowles but he took a team to a winning record in yr one that set expectations higher then what they should have been. last yr the wheels completely came off and he looked like crap. I think he is somewhere in between, niether that great coach or as bad as he looked last yr. Is it enough to be better this yr,it is hard to say because it hinges on hack.

How he plays dictates this season. If we go in with Mcnown playing we know they blew that 2nd round pick on hack.

3 minutes ago, rammagen said:

so there is a quick fix if so please do tell? Look this team was so bad and missing talent from Idzick that any draft pick with any sense of talent shoudl stick on this roster. Your made because he drafted  two safeties? Without knowing their draft board and how they want to build the team(not how the fans want to build the team) maybe they decided this was the ebst course. I just love the nay sayers and not letting the guy do what he was brought here to do and believe they know more then the guys paid to do this.

I would go so far to say teh jury is out and it is looking dim for Bowles but he took a team to a winning record in yr one that set expectations higher then what they should have been. last yr the wheels completely came off and he looked like crap. I think he is somewhere in between, niether that great coach or as bad as he looked last yr. Is it enough to be better this yr,it is hard to say because it hinges on hack.

How he plays dictates this season. If we go in with Mcnown playing we know they blew that 2nd round pick on hack.

You're blaming Idzik 3 years after he was fired.  Since then Macc has drafted 95% duds (Darron Lee, Devin Smith, Hackenberg) signed duds (Revis, Gilchrist, Fitz, McCown) and given Wilkerson an asinine contract when he could have kept Snacks, the glue of our defense and NFL's best run defender, at less than half the money.  Bowles is an amateur hour coach and Macc is like a magnet for crappy defensive players who can't cover and bad quarterbacks.

Quick Fix, Long Fix,  -- neither is working.  

Just now, thadude said:

You're blaming Idzik 3 years after he was fired.  Since then Macc has drafted 95% duds (Darron Lee, Devin Smith, Hackenberg) signed duds (Revis, Gilchrist, Fitz, McCown) and given Wilkerson an asinine contract.  Bowles is an amateur hour coach and Macc is like a magnet for crappy defensive players who can't cover and bad quarterbacks.

Quick Fix, Long Fix,  -- neither is working.  

when one player out of 30 picks sticks what do think? This roster was bad had no talent last yr, so lets blame the man who had 2 drafts. Not the guy who should have left the team with some type of talent.

You don't know if the long fix is working because 1 good yr one bad yr and now building through the draft as they have said. So it has been one year and you are calling it a failure. Congratulations you have set the time period for a rebuild through the draft at one yr.

I stand by what i said about bowles he is somewhere in-between the coach that had the team at 10 wins and the team that won 4 games last yr. Is that enough Idk can he become better idk. but he needs to improve this yr to show signs of help

5 picks soon to be 4 or three if they could move sheldon, winters a round three pick and Quincy a round 6 pick are his best players 5 of 19 picks. So when a olinemen gets injured who do we put in we have no depth

Scream because he missed on hack or Petty but nobody ever expected Petty to be more then a back up and a reach to start same about of drafts lest picks and two players are not on the roster. One is injured and the other is on the Bucs roster. it takes time to build through the draft especially if the team has no depth. I expect them to do another draft and if hack is not the answer at qb draft one very high next yrs. The question is what they do with the money.

You are screaming about signing signing a back up qb, revis for basically one yr who was decent not great but was the talk of the league and were you complaining when they won 10 games two yrs ago?

when he signed revis was considered a top 10 corner, ad injured wilkerson who had a sucky yr when the entire team had a sucky yr. Gilchrist was force to play way to much of an important role when he should have been more of the back up quiet type due to injuries and everyone else sucking.

Fitz the yr before won 10 games I do not have an issue paying dead money this yr to be gone as it does not hurt this team as built, who would have signed to be better please name them. Name the qb that with this team as built could win with them... While we wait look below at the two drafts from idzick and tow from mac and tell me why this team has no depth again?

You have darron lee as sucking but he was second on the team with tackles. devon smith injured nothing anyone could do about that unless you in your infinite wisdom foresaw this and should have warned the world.

Round 1: CB Dee Milliner -- cut

Round 1: DE Sheldon Richardson -- still on roster 

Round 2: QB Geno Smith -- Giants

Round 3: RG Brian Winters -- still on roster 

Round 5: OL Oday Aboushi -- gone 

Round 6: OL William Campbell -- y gone 

Round 7: FB Tommy Bohanon -- cut

How draft class looks: 2 of seven picks remain 

Round 1: S Calvin Pryor -- still on roster 

Round 2: TE Jace Amaro -- cut 

Round 3: CB Dexter McDougle -- cut

Round 4: WR Jalen Saunders -- gone 

Round 4: WR Shaq Evans --  gone 

Round 4: OG Dakota Dozier -- still on roster 

Round 5: LB Jeremiah George -- gone 

Round 6: CB Brandon Dixon --  gone 

Round 6: WR Quincy Enunwa -- still on roster 

Round 6: OLB IK Enemkpali --  gone 

Round 6: QB Tajh Boyd --  gone 

Round 7: OLB Trevor Reilly -- cut

How draft class looks: three of 12 picks remain 

Overall:5 of Idzik's 19 picks remain 

look at Macs drafts

Round 1, Pick 6 Leonard Williams, DL, USC

Round 2, Pick 37, Devin Smith, WR, Ohio State-injury prone soon to be out of the league if he cant stay healy

Round 3, Pick 83, Lorenzo Mauldin, OLB, Louisville

Round 4, Pick 103, Bryce Petty, QB, Baylor actually started a few games before getting hurt at best back up qb

Round 5, Pick 152, Jarvis Harrison G, Texas A&M -Bucs has not played a game (no stats at least)

Round 7, Pick 223, Deon Simon, DT, Northwestern State

Round 1, Pick No. 20: Darron Lee, OLB, Ohio State | Highlights 2nd on the team with tackles after questionable yr

Round 2, Pick No. 51: Christian Hackenberg, QB, Penn State| Highlights did not see the field

Round 3, Pick No. 83: Jordan Jenkins, OLB, Georgia| Highlights 21 tackles 2.5 sacks

Round 4, Pick No. 118: Juston Burris, CB, North Carolina State| Highlights played in 16 games 

Round 5, Pick No. 158: Brandon Shell, OT, South Carolina| Highlights http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/2016/12/can_brandon_shell_be_jets_right_tackle_in_2017.html

Round 7, Pick No. 235: Loc Edwards, P, Sam Houston State| Highlights punter

Round 7, Pick No. 241:Charone Peake, WR, Clemson| Highlights on the roster

8 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Also begs the question, (assuming Hack sucks), do you really want to let this regime make the call on a top-three pick you're going to use on a QB? 

No. Also begs question; what primo can't miss QB wants to come here an play for Ambassador Richie Rich? 

4 hours ago, rammagen said:

when one player out of 30 picks sticks what do think? This roster was bad had no talent last yr, so lets blame the man who had 2 drafts. Not the guy who should have left the team with some type of talent.

You don't know if the long fix is working because 1 good yr one bad yr and now building through the draft as they have said. So it has been one year and you are calling it a failure. Congratulations you have set the time period for a rebuild through the draft at one yr.

I stand by what i said about bowles he is somewhere in-between the coach that had the team at 10 wins and the team that won 4 games last yr. Is that enough Idk can he become better idk. but he needs to improve this yr to show signs of help

5 picks soon to be 4 or three if they could move sheldon, winters a round three pick and Quincy a round 6 pick are his best players 5 of 19 picks. So when a olinemen gets injured who do we put in we have no depth

Scream because he missed on hack or Petty but nobody ever expected Petty to be more then a back up and a reach to start same about of drafts lest picks and two players are not on the roster. One is injured and the other is on the Bucs roster. it takes time to build through the draft especially if the team has no depth. I expect them to do another draft and if hack is not the answer at qb draft one very high next yrs. The question is what they do with the money.

You are screaming about signing signing a back up qb, revis for basically one yr who was decent not great but was the talk of the league and were you complaining when they won 10 games two yrs ago?

when he signed revis was considered a top 10 corner, ad injured wilkerson who had a sucky yr when the entire team had a sucky yr. Gilchrist was force to play way to much of an important role when he should have been more of the back up quiet type due to injuries and everyone else sucking.

Fitz the yr before won 10 games I do not have an issue paying dead money this yr to be gone as it does not hurt this team as built, who would have signed to be better please name them. Name the qb that with this team as built could win with them... While we wait look below at the two drafts from idzick and tow from mac and tell me why this team has no depth again?

You have darron lee as sucking but he was second on the team with tackles. devon smith injured nothing anyone could do about that unless you in your infinite wisdom foresaw this and should have warned the world.

look at Macs drafts

Round 2, Pick 37, Devin Smith, WR, Ohio State-injury prone soon to be out of the league if he cant stay healy

Round 4, Pick 103, Bryce Petty, QB, Baylor actually started a few games before getting hurt at best back up qb

Round 5, Pick 152, Jarvis Harrison G, Texas A&M -Bucs has not played a game (no stats at least)

Round 1, Pick No. 20: Darron Lee, OLB, Ohio State | Highlights 2nd on the team with tackles after questionable yr

Round 2, Pick No. 51: Christian Hackenberg, QB, Penn State| Highlights did not see the field

Round 3, Pick No. 83: Jordan Jenkins, OLB, Georgia| Highlights 21 tackles 2.5 sacks

Round 4, Pick No. 118: Juston Burris, CB, North Carolina State| Highlights played in 16 games 

Round 5, Pick No. 158: Brandon Shell, OT, South Carolina| Highlights http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/2016/12/can_brandon_shell_be_jets_right_tackle_in_2017.html

So you're saying the difference between Idzik and Maccagnan, based on this evidence, is that they're the same guy except Maccagnan flushes tens of millions down various toilets in Florham Park bidding against himself for other team's rejects.

10 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

So you're saying the difference between Idzik and Maccagnan, based on this evidence, is that they're the same guy except Maccagnan flushes tens of millions down various toilets in Florham Park bidding against himself for other team's rejects.

The difference is that Macc understands personnel. Now here's 500 words' worth of gibberish and lists that definitively proves that all his sh*tty draft picks don't count, or something

21 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

The difference is that Macc understands personnel. Now here's 500 words' worth of gibberish and lists that definitively proves that all his sh*tty draft picks don't count, or something

Anyone involved with an organization this bereft of offensive talent has no frickin' clue about personnel if he picks 2 safeties with his top 2 picks. Seriously. You need to take a step back and look at the Big Picture. That is this figures to be  an historically bad 2017 Jets offense after merely being dreadful offense in 2016. 

19 hours ago, rammagen said:

look at Macs drafts

The only difference is Mac's drafts are more recent, therefore his guys haven't washed out yet.  Let's see how many are on the roster two years from now (the standard by which you're judging Idzik drafts)

1 hour ago, sirlancemehlot said:

The only difference is Mac's drafts are more recent, therefore his guys haven't washed out yet.  Let's see how many are on the roster two years from now (the standard by which you're judging Idzik drafts)

But wouldn't you say that more of Macc's guys have made more of an immediate impact than Idzik's guys?

6 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

But wouldn't you say that more of Macc's guys have made more of an immediate impact than Idzik's guys?

Maybe. Probably.   But compared to what?  They may all be the best players on a very talent poor team.  The problem for me is that the team is talent poor with tons of holes and little cap room.  That's poor management.  If we're going Mac VS. Idzick instead of Mac VS. 31 other teams...then honestly I have to give it to Idzick.  He also had a talent poor roster, but managed to carve out a ton of cap space and amass lots of draft picks.  His plan was better and his management was better.  The drafting I'd give to Mac...but not by enough to make this a good football team.  So I guess the best answer is Woody struck out twice in a row.

22 hours ago, thadude said:

Revis is the one of the reasons Macc and Bowles still have jobs and supposedly "earned a third year."  As bad as he was last year in 2015 Revis was statistically a top 5 CB and significantly improved the pass defense.

Revis was total sh*t the last game vs buffalo in 2015. 

19 hours ago, T0mShane said:

no what I am saying is Idzick left this team completely lacking talent and the difference in drafting. That much should be apparent without the snide comments. The flushing of tens of millions of dallars, were you complaining when they had the 10 win season I huighly doubt it. If you were complaining you were upset they lost to Buffalo and missed the playoffs.

4 hours ago, sirlancemehlot said:

No hardly because in Macs first draft he drafted an alternate for a probowl and ,issed on one because of injuries the rest of his guys are in the league in his first 2 drafts he has at least with the exception of qb has found some talent can anyone say that about idzicks draft? The numbers and names are in front of you. haters gonna hate the fact facts but idzick left this team with no talent.  So Macs job is easier because no matter where he drafts he will fill a need. Get made for drafting hack fine I get it but be mad because he drafted player and the team is still bad blame the previous regime and the fix it quick plans.

But do not pretend you know more then the guys getting payed to do the talent evals (I don't)now compared to previous regimes.

Look at the draft grades  for us and let me know the last good draft was 2011 before Mac

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/nyj/draft.htm

1 hour ago, rammagen said:

no what I am saying is Idzick left this team completely lacking talent and the difference in drafting. That much should be apparent without the snide comments. The flushing of tens of millions of dallars, were you complaining when they had the 10 win season I huighly doubt it. If you were complaining you were upset they lost to Buffalo and missed the playoffs.

Are you a Russian bot

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

Are you a Russian bot

no are you? Seriously a different point of view makes me a bot? Sorry for seeing the Jets for what they are and I am a life long fan. If we turn over this staff we become the Cleveland Browns and I do not want that.

So to recap I bring points of conversation show the drafts and the players on the team from those drafts and this is what you answer with. Sorry but you are defeatist. Thank you for not contributing anything to this conversation other then a snide comment. You can not even counter point my facts, no effort you just want to complain go at it complain away but do not expect people to agree with you

4 minutes ago, rammagen said:

no are you? Seriously a different point of view makes me a bot? Sorry for seeing the Jets for what they are and I am a life long fan. If we turn over this staff we become the Cleveland Browns and I do not want that.

So to recap I bring points of conversation show the drafts and the players on the team from those drafts and this is what you answer with. Sorry but you are defeatist. Thank you for not contributing anything to this conversation other then a snide comment. You can not even counter point my facts, no effort you just want to complain go at it complain away but do not expect people to agree with you

I apologize. What were you saying 

18 hours ago, rammagen said:

No hardly because in Macs first draft he drafted an alternate for a probowl and ,issed on one because of injuries the rest of his guys are in the league in his first 2 drafts he has at least with the exception of qb has found some talent can anyone say that about idzicks draft? The numbers and names are in front of you. haters gonna hate the fact facts but idzick left this team with no talent.  So Macs job is easier because no matter where he drafts he will fill a need. Get made for drafting hack fine I get it but be mad because he drafted player and the team is still bad blame the previous regime and the fix it quick plans.

But do not pretend you know more then the guys getting payed to do the talent evals (I don't)now compared to previous regimes.

Look at the draft grades  for us and let me know the last good draft was 2011 before Mac

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/nyj/draft.htm

Mac's drafts have been straight up garbage outside of the Williams n pick.

Archived