Alert : Massive noreaster / huge snowstorm on way Sunday - Monday

cookiemonsta

4 hours ago, Fibonacci said:

Cookie

Say more. This thing is now showing up in my weather apps on my iphone. What are we looking at? 

I checked yesterday when he posted this and nothing.  I checked today and Weather.com is saying 5 to 8 inches overnight for the 10001 zip code.  I hate these posts, but he beat the places I check by almost a day.

22 minutes ago, Bergen Jet said:

I checked yesterday when he posted this and nothing.  I checked today and Weather.com is saying 5 to 8 inches overnight for the 10001 zip code.  I hate these posts, but he beat the places I check by almost a day.

That's why I don't mind cookie posting weather alerts. Not to the main Jets board though. :)

On 3/16/2016 at 5:00 PM, Fibonacci said:

I know Cookie from Jets Insider. His predictions are hit or miss. He had some very good predictions where I benefited a lot by getting supplies early etc. Of course he had misses as well and he was mocked for that. I personally like Cookie except when he talks football. His football comments are terrible. His weather forecasts are much much better. 

That said, his negative reps are mostly due to insisting on starting weather threads on the main Jets board. I also find that annoying but it comes with the package I guess. Other Jets Insider expats can also tell more about Cookie I believe.

No, you weren't paying attention at JI if that's why you think he has so much negative rep. It's because he insisted in speaking in weather-related gobbledygook in an effort to come across as being some guru-level of meteorological intelligence. Thing is, those that really know things are able to "dumb it down" for the masses as they have a complete understanding of what they are talking about, as opposed to those who quote from scientific sources, who instead get caught up in the big words without having a clear understanding of their meaning. In other words, when at work (as an RN), I don't come to your bedside and say "you're hyperkalemic, which is resulting in peaked T waves and your PR intervals lengthening"; instead I say "your potassium is high, which is causing some heart arrhythmias." See what I mean? Maybe I'm wrong and he's just conceited. Who knows?

Classic Chocolate Chip Cookies

INGREDIENTS

1. 2 1/4cups all-purpose flour, spooned and leveled
  2. 1teaspoon kosher salt
  3. 1/2teaspoon baking soda
  4. 1cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, at room temperature
  5. 1 1/4cups packed light brown sugar
  6. 1/4cup granulated sugar
  7. 2large eggs
  8. 1teaspoon pure vanilla extract
  9. 2cups semisweet chocolate chips (12 ounces)
  10. 1cup chopped walnuts or pecans, coarsely chopped (optional)

DIRECTIONS

1. Heat oven to 350° F. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, salt, and baking soda.
  2. Using an electric mixer, beat the butter and sugars on medium-high speed until fluffy, 2 to 3 minutes. One at a time, beat in the eggs, then the vanilla. Reduce speed to low and gradually add the flour mixture, mixing until just combined (do not overmix). Mix in the chocolate chips and nuts (if desired) by hand.
  3. Drop heaping tablespoonfuls of the dough onto baking sheets, spacing them 2 inches apart.
  4. Bake, rotating the baking sheets halfway through, until golden around the edges but still soft in the center, 12 to 15 minutes. Cool slightly on the baking sheets, then transfer to wire racks to cool completely. Store the cookies in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 5 days.

On 3/17/2016 at 6:13 PM, Jetworks said:

In other words, when at work (as an RN), I don't come to your bedside and say "you're hyperkalemic, which is resulting in peaked T waves and your PR intervals lengthening"; instead I say "your potassium is high, which is causing some heart arrhythmias." See what I mean? Maybe I'm wrong and he's just conceited. Who knows?

If you really cared about your patients and wanted to make sure they understood you, you'd say "you gots some high potassium and it's making your heart beat weirdly, so stop eatin bananas, keep your masturbating to once a day, take a scoop of kayaxalate in the mornin and night, and take some diarreah pills if you aint sh*ttin right"

Who's the conceited one now! :razz:

Archived