Empire State Mafia: Game Thread

Jetsfan80

1 minute ago, Integrity28 said:

So, you decided to forget about context, and just make an argument that you'd hope nobody actually fact checks?

So, are you claiming tracker or watcher here? Why leave that part out? 

Why in the world would you EVER abandon your vote on Spoot, if you actually have information that  you say you do? Doesn't make any sense at all.

Yup. 

Yup.

Jesus **** catch up and then make 1 post, you are looking like an idiot. I say later that your case against Spoot made me track him.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Oh ok.  Dude we weren't going to spill it all until we had to.  Im fine with being todays lynch.  Though Brett carrying own about some strange game where Masons were not all town is dumb.

Yeah, i'm sorry but i just find this hard to believe. 20% of the game is mason partners? Looks a lot like scum playing a gambit to me

1 minute ago, CTM said:

Yeah, i'm sorry but i just find this hard to believe. 20% of the game is mason partners? Looks a lot like scum playing a gambit to me

Thats fine. Then lynch me and vet my team mate.  Love how  JN mafia always comes down to some role configuration than playing mafia.  Please lynch me because Im not enjoying myself.

4 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Oh ok.  Dude we weren't going to spill it all until we had to.  Im fine with being todays lynch.  Though Brett carrying own about some strange game where Masons were not all town is dumb.

I feel like Crusher thinks nobody will take him up on this offer and thus it's safe play for scum to make, but with 1 scum dead this would likely be the whole team they just exposed.

I don't get it 

4 hours ago, CTM said:

wait.. so just to confirm. Ape was the player, 80 the character, but 80 was the mod .. and ape was scum Masoned with town Jif?

one would then think that ape would be the first person to not shoot down this scum mason theory 

unvote

for now, no rush I guess and a lot of things don't make sense here. Brett's spoot post was the worst of the lot so far though 

How long have you known me? How often have I exhibited that I retain detailed memories of every role and every significant interaction from past games. I don't retain this stuff. You'll have to trust me on this, sorry... but don't go chasing shadows here. 

I recall someone, maybe @Verbal saying "Masons are strictly town" in a much more recent game - like one of the past 3 or 4 games. That's what fortified the point of view for me. Before that, I'd never given it much thought.

Either way, this is a futile discussion point. I'm not making the argument that in this game the masons have to be all town. I'm making the statement that Masons should always be town... in other words, I'm pre-empting the shaming I plan to give 80 if he made Masons scum. I'm fully aware that any of our 4 claimed masons could be dirty... I'm still trying to figure out if Brett is using this to deflect from himself or not. Make sense?

2 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Thats fine. Then lynch me and vet my team mate.  Love how  JN mafia always comes down to some role configuration than playing mafia.  Please lynch me because Im not enjoying myself.

you are AtE... fatass

1 minute ago, CTM said:

I feel like Crusher thinks nobody will take him up on this offer and thus it's safe play for scum to make, but with 1 scum dead this would likely be the whole team they just exposed.

I don't get it 

I voted for myself. I cant put your vote on me. Test the theory so the game can move on. This makes mafia unbearable for me.  I like to play mafia not play until  goofy mechanics show up then the game is reshuffled. Stupid.

Just now, The Crusher said:

I voted for myself. I cant put your vote on me. Test the theory so the game can move on. This makes mafia unbearable for me.  I like to play mafia not play until  goofy mechanics show up then the game is reshuffled. Stupid.

we are playing mafia, right now i'm trying to figure out why town crusher would offer himself vs why scum crusher would. Which one makes more sense, thats mafia blubber butt

1 hour ago, AVM said:

Yeahhh....

Even though this has nothing to do with what I was trying to get at....at all...

I'll take credit.

/Ape'd

Putting aside Brett's posts today, which are bleh at best, the "one scum must be on Lily" sort of presupposes she's town, right? If she's scum, can't see any more scum staying on her with a deadline approaching. I suppose they could, but with Verb being town, if they didn't have the votes they just expose themselves to a 25ish% chance of being randomed?

Who was offering to change last minute? Was Brett one of the people around saying they'd jump to Verb or vice versa? That actually would sort of explain it.

No, it doesn't. Different people play it different ways, my scum teams always spread their votes out unless there's a pile-on-for-the-win opportunity in end game.

Didn't Brett already say he tried to move to Verbal in the end, but was ninja'd by Spoot?

Just now, Integrity28 said:

No, it doesn't. Different people play it different ways, my scum teams always spread their votes out unless there's a pile-on-for-the-win opportunity in end game.

Didn't Brett already say he tried to move to Verbal in the end, but was ninja'd by Spoot?

You tried to move to verbal at the end too.

and "My scum teams"-- oh god

52 minutes ago, StraightCash said:

So the biggest thing that stood out to me was that Ape was making some really strong arguments about Spoots voting pattern at the end of D1, which was my biggest motivation to track him. But Ape won't vote Spoot, even though I think he formulated a strong enough argument to nail him as scum. Then Ape comes out strong against me today instead

If I had more than 1 vote to cast, I would.

8 minutes ago, CTM said:

we are playing mafia, right now i'm trying to figure out why town crusher would offer himself vs why scum crusher would. Which one makes more sense, thats mafia blubber butt

I think it's more likely that Crusher and Jif are in a role where they are taken advantage of by Spoot... But I can't figure out all the posts you quoted where Jif was specific on there being just 2 of them fit into it all.

39 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Because this game is not weird enough. Spoot is a mason with Jif and I.  Not even kidding.   Because cute little fella has a role I would happily be lynch in his stead. I have no role.

It also states clearly in our QT we ALL aligned town. So if you must.

unvote vote crusher

Oy.

Unvote, Vote Spoot

22 minutes ago, AVM said:

You were doing so well being all methodical, slow and not aggressive too :D

Can we table Brett for just a second and talk about Crushers claim?  That puts us up to 5 masons in a 15 person game, at least.  Would like to hear from Lily/Decker if there is a 3rd there as well, as CTM requested.

Hadn't seen it until just now.

I stand by what I said too, even though several of you don't seem to comprehend it, the role Mason is a town exclusive role, and not using it as such is bastard modding. So, given the circumstances, this is a bastard mod game. Me making this point was never an argument that our Mason had to be all town. I don't know what you ******* morons don't understand about that.

Anyway, Spoot feels like the way to go. He was in my top 3 coming into today, but when Brett went at him, I chose to do some work on Brett.

I want to know Spoot's role. 

We should all want to know Spoot's role. Given that our Doc is exposed, we should given her as much information as possible about whether or not to protect Spoot or Brett here.

16 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

It is what it is. You still haven't told me why me shifting from new town meta to old town meta = me being scum. 

14 minutes ago, CTM said:

Any chance that JIF, Crusher and Spoot are just the scum team... not masons, and they chose to reveal masons to save JIF's dumb ass on D1, then their play got booted up when Lily/Decker also claimed masons?

What I mean is, is there a possibility that we're witnessing a complete scum collapse based on them false claiming masons, and there being real masons in the game?

2 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

It is what it is. You still haven't told me why me shifting from new town meta to old town meta = me being scum. 

Any chance that JIF, Crusher and Spoot are just the scum team... not masons, and they chose to reveal masons to save JIF's dumb ass on D1, then their play got booted up when Lily/Decker also claimed masons?

What I mean is, is there a possibility that we're witnessing a complete scum collapse based on them false claiming masons, and there being real masons in the game?

I explained myself.  Vote me if you dont like it.

11 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

It's more fun when you're scum, isn't it?

See what I mean. 

Just because I can bash Brett's face in, doesn't mean I'm not paying attention to the rest of what's going on. 

7 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

I think it's possible, but less likely than the fact that this is a wild set-up and Jif/Crusher are just fodder for whatever Spoot is really roled to do.

It reminds me of a really old game, I can't remember if I modded it or just played in it-- but Lily was a god father of 2 different scum teams. The rest of each team thought that they were THE team, but at the end when they figured out Lily was playing both sides, just realized they were expendable for Lily to meet her win condition.

I almost feel like the that is more plausible. Crusher and Jif are just there to get used. 

27 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

I went on to talk in circles about it and agree that he could have been scum on her as town or as scum.

16 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Oy.

Unvote, Vote Spoot

Hadn't seen it until just now.

I stand by what I said too, even though several of you don't seem to comprehend it, the role Mason is a town exclusive role, and not using it as such is bastard modding. So, given the circumstances, this is a bastard mod game. Me making this point was never an argument that our Mason had to be all town. I don't know what you ******* morons don't understand about that.

Anyway, Spoot feels like the way to go. He was in my top 3 coming into today, but when Brett went at him, I chose to do some work on Brett.

Not sure if this was directed at the group as a whole or not, but outside of my little journey about the phrasing of peoples roles yesterday I agreed with this.  I actually quoted you at one point and said I agree with the caveat regarding the phrasing, then later called myself a dumbass.

11 hours ago, Lily said:

That's not called Masons, that's called Neighbors. 

12 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

I'm scum hunting, you dipsh*t. You've got several people here, Hess standing out most, making comments about how "if not for the Mason thing, I'd vote Lily", except all his energy is going towards helping bail Brett out of the argument. That's curious to me, so I'm pressing a bit to see if I can figure out why.

Game is moving. You aren't at the center of it. I guess that's a problem

5 hours ago, Leelou said:

Wait...that was the wrong game. He totally put scum with JiF in one game as mason partners. Let me go find the right one. 

This 100% happened.  ******* ass hole that 80.

That said, that game, he didnt give us alignment, to my knowledge like he did this time.

1 hour ago, The Crusher said:

Because this game is not weird enough. Spoot is a mason with Jif and I.  Not even kidding.   Because cute little fella has a role I would happily be lynch in his stead. I have no role.

It also states clearly in our QT we ALL aligned town. So if you must.

unvote vote crusher

I havent even looked at our QT, but WTF???  haha

27 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

yes that is what my gut says .. crusher is offering himself cause he thinks nobody will take him up on it 

Quoting is all ****ed up. Lily, we wouldn't know about neighbors, even the other mason until death scene, no?

Ape, I'm not defending Brett. I was trying to work through it pragmatically bc tbh Lily muddied the waters a bit as far as my opinions go. I also can't make out your and Crusher's new found aggression after a night with dead scum and no dead town. 

51 minutes ago, CTM said:

I don't get it 

I dont either. lmfao

I'll show you something as soon as I get caught up that counter my "singular" claim.  lol

10 hours ago, StraightCash said:

Alright I'm going to get ready for bed, I have an early morning tomorrow but just in case everyone wants to lynch me before I can get on...

Spoot may want to explain why he visited Leelou last night. It's why he was my vote out of the gate today, and why there was only 1 NK last night, and it was scum. I was hoping I could get a lynch on him without having to reveal but that blew up in my face

Uhh... what?

Archived