Empire State Mafia: Game Thread

Jetsfan80

could also resolve Lilly and Brett first ... but I'm not sure who id go for there .. Brett has been a bit scummier but lynching Lilly gives us some insight into all the Mason's 

back on road 

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm catching up, but are you sure no one visited me? Would you get the result of yourself visiting someone, or a person visiting themselves? 

9 hours ago, JiF said:

Since my team is apparently operating independently, one of us is the Watcher.

We watched Leelou and nobody visited her. 

9 hours ago, JiF said:

I floated it because I dont buy her reveal.  If she is Doc, it probably wasnt the best option to watch.  We talked through it.  And then official action was put in while I wasnt in the QT.  For some reason they chose Leelou.  Bad choice, but is what is.

The good thing that came out of it was that we know she wasnt shot at.  

1 minute ago, Leelou said:

I'm catching up, but are you sure no one visited me? Would you get the result of yourself visiting someone, or a person visiting themselves?

Yes, we're sure no one visited you. I assume we wouldn't get the result of us (me) visiting you. I have no idea if we'd see a person visiting themselves.

2 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

Since the masons have created a stalemate of sorts, why not go SK hunting?

Hess has been shepherding a lot of action, without really doing anything that would stick to him. His D1 case on Verbal was a bit audacious, reminiscent of Jaws. I'd make him a suspect for SK.

AVM tip-toed around me D1, but was super-defensive to JIF, and then went dark. He'd be a secondary suspect.

NOPSL played with bloodlust, not sure he'd do that with scum mates coaching him, still could leave him out there as SK.

Ballin "forgot about the game".

If I had to make a short list of SK right now: Hess, Ballin, AVM in that order.

2 hours ago, Lily said:

Agree on Hess. Don't like the way he played. I tracked AVM. He didn't go anywhere. 

2 hours ago, StraightCash said:

AVM has an out that if (big if) Lily is being honest, AVM didn't move last night 

Yeah that lol

1 hour ago, HessStation said:

Pew pew pew. I love you SK role.

Lulz

2 minutes ago, Leelou said:

Typically doesn't a watcher see "who else visits your house"

thats how I remember it being explained to me when I first started. We're all in houses...a watcher looks at a house and sees if someone else visits. A tracker picks one person and sees if they leave their house.

That sounds really, really dumb.

4 minutes ago, Leelou said:

that is a great point.. proper protocol is for the mod to say you visited yourself 

13 minutes ago, AVM said:

Yeah that lol

Lulz

Typically doesn't a watcher see "who else visits your house"

thats how I remember it being explained to me when I first started. We're all in houses...a watcher looks at a house and sees if someone else visits. A tracker picks one person and sees if they leave their house.

That sounds really, really dumb.

no a watcher sees if anyone targets the watched with a night action , including self target 

that being said our mod is derpina so who knows how he'd handle it 

26 minutes ago, CTM said:

no a watcher sees if anyone targets the watched with a night action , including self target 

that being said our mod is derpina so who knows how he'd handle it 

They would? If I was a mod, I would say the result was nobody visited Leelou

I'm back for a bit. And I'd much rather resolve the matter between myself and Brett. If you lynch me, will it vet Decker? It doesn't make sense to lynch the PR to vet the other, but whatever. But I'm telling you, Brett's scum. 

Unvote

Vote Brett

6 hours ago, Lily said:

Man, I hate to do this, but I believe the mason claims, because our team also has a power role. It's unbalanced, true, but it fits with what I know. 

Brett is lying. I'm the tracker. 

I just...no words anymore...

6 hours ago, Spoot-Face said:

When did Leelou vote me?

I must have missed that. Where is she in all this?

Hours ago

5 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

Nah, he's useless... lol. :)

</3

5 hours ago, Spoot-Face said:

Where has @Leelou gone? She plopped a vote on me on page 79, said that she'd like to hear from me, and then disappeared.

Utah, Wyoming, Nebraska. 

3 hours ago, Lily said:

You're probably right. I'll switch it back if nothing comes of this. I'm just bored. The game is stagnating. 

3 hours ago, Lily said:

I'm getting hyperactive in my posting here. Time to walk away for a bit. 

So you were bored, the you leave within a short time? 

I was bored, which caused me to do something stupid, so I walked away before I did more stupid sh*t out of boredom. It was a good move. I got a lot done. Don't know if it was a good move game-wise, though. 

30 minutes ago, StraightCash said:

They would? If I was a mod, I would say the result was nobody visited Leelou

Yes, that's the way I've always seen it and in fact it happenned to me once either on JI or MafiaScum or DM

27 minutes ago, Leelou said:

It really depends on mod. I'd like some clarification first. 

Well yes, I conceded who the **** knows what derpina would do anyway. You yourself posted him making masons 1 town and 1 scum, so I don't think there is much to learn here and the discussion is now academic

7 minutes ago, CTM said:

Well yes, I conceded who the **** knows what derpina would do anyway. You yourself posted him making masons 1 town and 1 scum, so I don't think there is much to learn here and the discussion is now academic

I asked 80 if a watcher would see me self protect, and he said no. 

So, to answer your question, yes I self protected last night. 

Mod note:  This is the first I've ever heard of a watcher, in a hypothetical sense, needing to be told if a person visited himself/herself.  In my view, the watcher role is designed to show what OTHER players visit someone.  How can someone visit himself/herself?  And in the hypothetical case of a doc self-protecting AND getting visited, would a watcher be told about the self-visit AND the visitor?  Makes no sense to me.  So no, in the hypothetical case of a self-protect, in my game, a watcher would be told "no one visited" that player.

Official D2 Vote Count

Lily (3) - Brett, Calder, Hess

Spoot (3) - Leelou, JiF, Spoot

Brett (1) - Lily

Hess (1) - Ape

Crusher (1) - Crusher

Not Voting (4) - decker, Ballin, CTM, AVM

With 13 alive it takes 7 dumbasses to lynch.

DEADLINE:  Monday, 3 PM EST

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

Mod note:  This is the first I've ever heard of a watcher, in a hypothetical sense, needing to be told if a person visited himself/herself.  In my view, the watcher role is designed to show what OTHER players visit someone.  How can someone visit himself/herself?  And in the hypothetical case of a doc self-protecting AND getting visited, would a watcher be told about the self-visit AND the visitor?  Makes no sense to me.  So no, in the hypothetical case of a self-protect, in my game, a watcher would be told "no one visited" that player.

Most people think about it in terms of "targeting", not "visiting". In which case a player can target themselves, and the action should be recorded and reported as such.

The "we all live in a house and visit" thing is gay.

5 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

you are a derp and a virgin and i hate you

4 hours ago, Leelou said:

I'll answer the question you asked me earlier after this is cleared up from Spoot's end.

3 hours ago, Leelou said:

It really depends on mod. I'd like some clarification first. 

2 hours ago, Leelou said:

I asked 80 if a watcher would see me self protect, and he said no. 

So, to answer your question, yes I self protected last night. 

We couldn't you just say that to begin with? Why did you want to wait for clarification from the mod about whether or not a Watcher would see someone self-target or not?

6 hours ago, Calder said:

Kind of agree. Despite the claim, was odd in D1 and then I dont get the willing to lynch mason partner stuff (but not if it didnt vet her). That felt off.

This is rehashing what has been said verbatim. 

4 hours ago, Spoot-Face said:

We couldn't you just say that to begin with? Why did you want to wait for clarification from the mod about whether or not a Watcher would see someone self-target or not?

Because you said you saw no one and I wanted to know if you were lying or if 80 wouldn't tell you. 

Official D2 Vote Count

Lily (3) - Brett, Calder, Hess

Spoot (3) - Leelou, JiF, Spoot

Calder (1) - decker

Brett (1) - Lily

Hess (1) - Ape

Crusher (1) - Crusher

Not Voting (3) - Ballin, CTM, AVM

With 13 alive it takes 7 dumbasses to lynch.

DEADLINE:  Monday, 3 PM EST

Archived