Report: Jets Have “little or no faith” in Geno Smith

JetNation

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply
39 minutes ago, AFJF said:

A fan who presented facts that have clearly hurt you very deeply.  

29 minutes ago, AFJF said:

Disturbed?

Why steer the conversation to me instead of focusing on the Jets?

YOU steered it my way I replied to your false accusation. 

4 hours ago, Villain The Foe said:

As in their WR's? Beasts. Which has honestly surprised me, when it came to Allen Robinson. I didnt think much of him coming out of Penn State. But Allen Robinson and Allen Hurns right now have to be the #1 young WR duo in the league and easily top 5 in the NFL. The Jags WR's played some pretty exciting football this past year. 

Not to mention they acquired a pretty darned good catching TE last season too. 

12 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Not to mention they acquired a pretty darned good catching TE last season too. 

True. If he can start the season healthy they'll be good. 

I dont know how the heck Allen Hurns fell through the cracks. I personally never heard of him but I would have assumed the league would have been able to be a better researcher than me. He's one of the best WR's of the class...wasnt even drafted. 

Geno Smith could never, ever, ever, ever, ever take a team to the Super Bowl. The thought of him raising a Lombardi Trophy over his head is laugh out loud comedy.

It is a much better plan to either pay Fitzpatrick and win as many games as possible, or start a young QB like Petty or a draft pick and let them develop.

I just can't believe you guys are still talking about Geno Smith. Really?

4 minutes ago, Saul Goodman said:

Geno Smith could never, ever, ever, ever, ever take a team to the Super Bowl. The thought of him raising a Lombardi Trophy over his head is laugh out loud comedy.

It is a much better plan to either pay Fitzpatrick and win as many games as possible, or start a young QB like Petty or a draft pick and let them develop.

I cant believe that someone actually thinks we should pay Fitzpatrick for his services.

8 minutes ago, Saul Goodman said:

Somebody didn't watch Geno in week 17 two years ago in Miami...LOL

Bowles benched him for 14 consecutive weeks and named Fitz the starter again for a reason.

Just now, Jet Nut said:

You're so pissed and full of hate for Geno you don't even have a clue what you're arguing over.

but it's ok, you've got proof

I don't hate Geno at all.  So there you are, being wrong.  Again.

9 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

I cant believe that someone actually thinks we should pay Fitzpatrick for his services.

Besides the head coach, the general manager, and the owner? Not saying that they know all, but my "outlandish" opinion isn't any different than the guys that are in charge.

1 minute ago, AFJF said:

I don't hate Geno at all.  So there you are, being wrong.  Again.

Why don't you put me on ignore.  You want to carry on and on, arguing a simple point, twisting it to something else.  There's a handful of posters who constantly bash  this player for being a backup.  For being called an option by the HC.  You don't like it because it goes against your pathetic rant.  Too bad, sorry you don't like what Bowles said you want to attack the messenger.  

3 minutes ago, Saul Goodman said:

Besides the head coach, the general manager, and the owner? Not saying that they know all, but my "outlandish" opinion isn't any different than the guys that are in charge.

They're just so under-qualified.

At least they know enough to pursue other veteran options knowing they only have Geno and Petty.  If not Fitz, it'll be McCown, Hoyer or hopefully Glennon.

Just now, Jet Nut said:

Why don't you put me on ignore.  You want to carry on and on, arguing a simple point, twisting it to something else.  There's a handful of posters who constantly bash  this player for being a backup.  For being called an option by the HC.  You don't like it because it goes against your pathetic rant.  Too bad, sorry you don't like what Bowles said you want to attack the messenger.  

I'm not arguing.  I'm just telling you you're wrong.

3 minutes ago, AFJF said:

I'm not arguing.  I'm just telling you you're wrong.

Then you have a mental problem for arguing that Bowles did praise Geno.  Sorry, there's other possibl explanation.  You, War etc are having to hard a time understanding a simple concept and carrying on for 2 days now.  

Just now, Jet Nut said:

Then you have a mental problem for arguing that Bowles did praise Geno.  Sorry, there's other possibl explanation.  You, War etc are having to hard a time understanding a simple concept and carrying on for 2 days now.  

Ramble much?

Just now, Jet Nut said:

Yeah, it's me rambling.  

Yes it was...that's why I said it.

Sorry Geno was benched for 14 weeks and he lost the starting job before the offseason even started, to a player who isn't even on the roster.  That's worse that the time Craig got fired on his day off.

Jets have to do one of two things with him.  

1) Trade him for multiple first round picks

2) Bring him in to camp to see if Gailey get something out of him.

Just now, AFJF said:

Yes it was...that's why I said it.

Sorry Geno was benched for 14 weeks and he lost the starting job before the offseason even started, to a player who isn't even on the roster.  That's worse that the time Craig got fired on his day off.

Jets have to do one of two things with him.  

1) Trade him for multiple first round picks

2) Bring him in to camp to see if Gailey get something out of him.

You just can't seem to get it through your head that what happened last summer has nothing to do with today and proved nothing other than you can't stop bringing up that Geno lost his job due to a broken jaw.  

That you don't understand that it's different than a benching says a lot.  

Just as you don't seem to get that I haven't, not even once, called for Geno to be the QB of this team.  But you insist on arguing his worth.  As I said, I was quoting Bowles.  Go argue with Bowles, he said Geno's an option and is an improved player.  He said they have two QBs.  You want to argue with someone and picked me.  Sorry, FO 

4 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

You just can't seem to get it through your head that what happened last summer has nothing to do with today and proved nothing other than you can't stop bringing up that Geno lost his job due to a broken jaw.  

That you don't understand that it's different than a benching says a lot.  

Just as you don't seem to get that I haven't, not even once, called for Geno to be the QB of this team.  But you insist on arguing his worth.  As I said, I was quoting Bowles.  Go argue with Bowles, he said Geno's an option and is an improved player.  He said they have two QBs.  You want to argue with someone and picked me.  Sorry, FO 

His jaw was broken all season, or it was healed by week three and Bowles kept him on the bench even though Fitz is terrible?  Is that what happens with starting NFL QB's?  They miss two whole entire weeks and there's no turning back even thought they're better than their back-ups?

I was quoting Bowles too...he said Fitz is the starter and that Geno is possibly an option if Fitz doesn't return.  

Just now, AFJF said:

His jaw was broken all season, or it was healed by week three and Bowles kept him on the bench even though Fitz is terrible?  Is that correct?

I was quoting Bowles too...he said Fitz is the starter.

Week 3? No preseason, no camp, no early season games, no getting on the same page as WRs, no time to learn the new offense and as I said earlier, Fitz got off to a good start and Bowles wasn't rocking the boat going back and forth with musical QBs.  You see this as lifetime employment.  

You can dream up whatever you want.  It's not 2015 any more.  Here's a novel concept, Geno was the 2014 starter and it didn't give him a lock on the 2015 QB job.  But you think there can't be a change a year later.   Neither of these mediocre, second rate QBs are owed anything.  

Just now, Jet Nut said:

Week 3? No preseason, no camp, no early season games, no getting on the same page as WRs, no time to learn the new offense and as I said earlier, Fitz got off to a good start and Bowles wasn't rocking the boat going back and forth with musical QBs.  You see this as lifetime employment.  

You can dream up whatever you want.  It's not 2015 any more.  Here's a novel concept, Geno was the 2014 starter and it didn't give him a lock on the 2015 QB job.  But you think there can't be a change a year later.   Neither of these mediocre, second rate QBs are owed anything.  

Wait, no camp?  But I thought he was having an all-world camp and kicking Fitz's ass.  Which one was it?  Fitz got off to a good start? He beat the atrocious Browns, and he was "good' against the Colts.  The following week, when Geno was healthy and ready to go, he played one of his worst games of the season against the Eagles, but still no Geno.

I guess it would've been pretty risky to let Geno become the first QB in NFL history to get on the field after missing some time with the receivers.  I'm sure that's why Bowles benched him for 14 weeks and handed the job to Fitz heading in to next season.

10 minutes ago, AFJF said:

Wait, no camp?  But I thought he was having an all-world camp and kicking Fitz's ass.  Which one was it?  Fitz got off to a good start? He beat the atrocious Browns, and he was "good' against the Colts.  The following week, when Geno was healthy and ready to go, he played one of his worst games of the season against the Eagles, but still no Geno.

I guess it would've been pretty risky to let Geno become the first QB in NFL history to get on the field after missing some time with the receivers.  I'm sure that's why Bowles benched him for 14 weeks and handed the job to Fitz heading in to next season.

Are you mental? No matter what you just keep coming back for more.  

You're a moron if you cant read where I've said more than once that I quoted Bowles.  WTF are you arguing over.  Yet you don't like to argue.  You tell me on one hand that getting injured was a benching and that's your "proof". And then you ignore what that same HC said a few weeks ago. This is way too stupid.  Again, clear, go argue with the HC.  

Just now, Jet Nut said:

Are you mental? No matter what you just keep coming back for more.  

You're a moron if you cant read where I've said more than once that I quoted Bowles.  WTF are you arguing over.  Yet you don't like to argue.  You tell me on one hand that getting injured was a benching and that's your "proof". And then you ignore what that same HC said a few weeks ago. This is way too stupid.  Again, clear, go argue with the HC.  

Why resort to personal attacks?

23 hours ago, AFJF said:

Bowles benched a healthy Geno for 14 consecutive weeks.  

Because he had a starter in Fitz and has proven to be pretty loyal to his veteran starters, plus the team was winning; I don't get your point. 

1 hour ago, JetBlue said:

Because he had a starter in Fitz and has proven to be pretty loyal to his veteran starters, plus the team was winning; I don't get your point. 

How many legit NFL starting QBs lose their job because their backup goes a whopping 2-0, with one of those wins being against the Browns? It's not like they were 9-1 and making a run at home field advantage.

They were 2-0 and Fitz had two consecutive so-so performances against the Colts and Eagles.  If all it takes to get Geno benched, they didn't think much of him.

Also, why no QB competition next year?  Why did Bowles already say Fitz is his number one and Petty will be  given an opportunity to win the number to job, possibly leaving Smith at the number three? 

58 minutes ago, AFJF said:

tHow many legit NFL starting QBs lose their job because their backup goes a whopping 2-0, with one of those wins being against the Browns? It's not like they were 9-1 and making a run at home field advantage.

They were 2-0 and Fitz had two consecutive so-so performances against the Colts and Eagles.  If all it takes to get Geno benched, they didn't think much of him.

Also, why no QB competition next year?  Why did Bowles already say Fitz is his number one and Petty will be  given an opportunity to win the number to job, possibly leaving Smith at the number three? 

Why would Bowles change QBs at that point?  Geno didn't get benched, he was injured and since the team was still playing fairly well, and the players responded well to Fitz, why would he make a change??  Most teams don't bench their Qb even if he has a few  "so - so" games, as long as they are winning.  If Fitz had 2 or 3 horrible games in a row, that would be a different story.  Also, the fact that Bowles said Fitz was his starter next year, I mean what did you expect him to say?  The guy just had the best season, statistically in Jets history.  It is amusing because on the one hand I am being told that Bowles statement about Geno is just gamesmanship to put pressure Fitz to sign but yet then I have to take as gospel truth that he statement about Fitz being his starter means there is NO WAY he could lose his job, even if he is vastly outplayed.   I mean just LAST WEEK he said he was comfortable with Geno as a fall back option; how is that not more relevant than what he said 6 months ago??? 

We can agree to disagree; it's okay but please don't cherry pick statements and or situations that fit your line of thinking and ignore others that don't.  

1 hour ago, AFJF said:

So a guy not even on the roster is already being talked about for next year as the #1 here,my God you Fitzapologists will say and believe anything to benefit your guy. 

Archived