Mock Draft 1.0 - Mo Wilk Traded!

Guilhermezmc

The Jets trade their star DL Muhammad Wilkerson to the Dallas Cowboys, probably not the deal Jets fans would have wanted.

Jets get - Cowboys 2nd (34), Cowboys 3rd (67) and the Cowboys 4th (101).

Cowboys get - Muhammad Wilkerson and the Jets 3th (83).

1st Round Pick (20) - Taylor Decker, OT, Ohio State - 6'7'' 310lbs.

458207836.jpg

The Jets find themselves in a bad spot when Leonard Floyd, Darron Lee and Jack Conklin are all of the board. They select Decker to fill their need to get younger at OL, Decker is a big T who can start from day one for the Jets, his size and motor are great, he is very good at run blocking and a little underated at pass blocking, Decker is a guy who can start for years at RT and maybe develop in to a LT and take over for D'Brick in the future.

2nd Round Pick (34) - Noah Spence, EDGE, Eastern Kentucky - 6'2'' 251lbs.

508237688.jpg

OLB has been a need for years and Noah Spence can be the guy for New York, Spence is a very talent prospect with major off the field concerns, the former buckeye slips out of the first round because of his past off the field issues and some bad interviews before the draft. Spence will be a nice addition to the Jets LB core and provide some pressure of the edges along side Lorenzo Mauldin.

2nd Round Pick (51) - Jaylon Smith, LB, Notre Dame - 6'2'' 223lbs.

489229620.jpg

After blowing up his knee Jaylon Smith slips out of the first round right in the Jets hands. Before the injury Smith was considered a top-10 prospect in this year draft, with blazing speed Jaylon can do it all on the football field cover, tackle and rush the QB.After bring back veteran LB Erin Henderson the Jets can afford to give Smith the one year redshirt that he needs to recovery from his injury. Too good of a talent for New York to pass up.

3rd Round Pick (67) - Nick Martin, C, Notre Dame - 6'4'' 299lbs.

508236440.jpg

NY go back to back with Fighting Irish players as they select Nick Martin and still look to build their offensive line of the future.

4th Round Pick (101) - Nick Vannet, TE, Ohio State - 6'6'' 257lbs.

501470850.jpg

Every down TE who can help on the run block and help on the passing game, but wasn't used at the Ohio State offense that much so its hard to tell how good he is catching balls.

4th Round Pick (118) - Keanu Neal, FS, Florida - 6'0'' 211lbs.

491472578.jpg

Hard hitter safety but with questioable speed and very raw coverage skills. Adds depth to the secondary, the Jets have scouted some safeties this year.

5th Round Pick (157) - Travis Feeney, LB, Washigton - 6'4'' 226lbs.

500137826.jpg

Speedy LB who needs to get bigger and stronger to have a chance in the NFL. Show some good awareness when asked to cover in zone and at times can rush the QB. Adds depth to the LB core.

7th Round Pick (244) - Tom Hackett, P, Utah - 5'11'' 185lbs

487098778.jpg

Do i have to say anything? No brainer, Quigley days are finally over.

Please leave a comment, if you like it or not, what would you do different, but be kind thats my first mock draft ever!

I'm from Brazil my english still have some flaws so take easy on me!

Nice job, OP.

I don't care for the TE pick.

1. This is a really weak year for them, outside of Hooper the class is garbage, and 2. We don't feature the position in this offense. 

I would rather see us pick up Dak Prescott, Hogan, or Hackenburg in that slot, or draft Cook in the second round, Jaylon at the top of the third, and draft a OG/OC prospect in the fourth. 

But all-around, good job! It's nice to seek picks & write ups for these. 

This would be a good draft.  Your top 3 picks have all been talked about as being 1st round picks which would suggest BPA at those times.  Nick Martin has been graded as high as a 2nd rounder which makes him great value in the 3rd.  Keanu Neal was also mentioned as a 1st rounder as recently as last month so he would also be great value.  I think if the draft fell this way, we would have a good draft class.

8 hours ago, Augustiniak said:

so the jets get all those picks and don't take a qb?

I don't see a QB worth taking with those picks, maybe Cody Kessler in the 4th, and with Mo gone the organization can reach some kind of deal with Fitzpatrick and look to draft a QB in the next years draft.

11 minutes ago, JordanAndTheJets said:

I love every pick except decker. I think we should get a CB if the board falls like that

I thought about it a lot but in the end OL is a bigger need and Decker could come and start right away and be a starter for years to come. Unless Vernon Hargraeves is still on the board i think OL should be the pick.

Great mock. Mine is very similar. Although I highly doubt the Cowboys will want to/be able to sign Wilk to a long term deal. I also doubt they will give up a 2nd, a 3rd AND a 4th. 

Here is my mock, again, very similar to yours, so kudos. It only includes a high second rounder b/c I think the Jets can get that plus conditional 4th, and MAYBE a player, but that's about it.   

Rd. 1: T.Decker- OT (OSU)

Rd. 2 (top 10): J.Smith- ILB (ND)

Rd. 2: C.Nassib- DE (PSU)

Rd. 3: Tajae Sharpe- WR (UMASS)

Rd. 4: D.Kirkland- OG (Arkansas)

Rd. 5: H.Ridgeway- NT (Texas)

Rd. 7: Best available PUNTER

SIDENOTE: The Jets seem to be interested in drafting a QB. But I don’t think they will reach for one. They seem to really like Lynch, who I don’t like at all. Too much of a project, IMO. I don’t see Lynch falling to the Jets selection in Rd. 2 and I don’t see them pulling the trigger on him in the 1st round. If a trade is made for Wilk and they acquire a high 2nd rounder, and indeed they really like Lynch, they will take him early in the 2nd- he should be there. But my choice is to roll the dice on an injured J.Smith, as they have potential starters at ILB already and will not need J.Smith until next year anyway, and he is immensely talented if he can bounce back from his injury, a player with top ten talent that provides great value in the 2nd round.  

On 4/2/2016 at 4:25 PM, JordanAndTheJets said:

I love every pick except decker. I think we should get a CB if the board falls like that

What is your reasoning behind taking a CB? The Jets LITERALLY do not have room on their roster for a CB rookie unless they cut someone. 

Current Depth-IMO: Revis, Williams, Skrine, Milliner, McDougle, Morris. That's 6 CBs. Now, the Jets may carry 7 into the season (they did last year) but odds are they WILL NOT draft a CB. And certainly not in the 1st round. It makes ZERO sense to cut ANY of these guys. CB is not a need right now (maybe next year). Decker is a perfect fit and th eJEts have been linked to him. Furthermore, he should be there at 20. He makes perfect sense.   

On 4/2/2016 at 8:04 AM, kennyo7 said:

I really like your picks. My only concern is taking Smith in the second. Very risky pick for the second round. Of course if he is healthy this becomes one hell of a draft. 

I agree. But I would argue that A. having an extra 2nd rd. pick gives the Jets the luxury to take a gamble. B. They have the 2 ILB positions TEMPORARILY filled, so they can allow J.Smith as much time as he needs to heal. and C. J.Smith WILL go in the 2nd round. Some team will definitely roll the dice on him. If not for the injury he is a top 10 pick, IMO.

So, it would be a good calculated gamble by Mac if he took him in the 2nd round.  

On 4/2/2016 at 8:04 AM, kennyo7 said:

I really like your picks. My only concern is taking Smith in the second. Very risky pick for the second round. Of course if he is healthy this becomes one hell of a draft. 

one of those make or break picks HIGH RISK/HIGH REWARD - but imagine he can return to his original form after he heals up (what a friggin steal that would be)

Archived