Carlton and Boomer: " Fitz/Jets have an agreement in place

32EBoozer

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Greenseed4 said:

IF the schedule really is going to be that much more difficult (a premise I laugh at cause nobody knows when a team becomes good, or falls to sh*t, or suffers injuries leading up to our matchup)

THEN wouldn't we rather have cool-hand-Fitz take the heat calmly while a rookie QB watches and learns? If there's one thing I really appreciated about Fitzpatrick it was his uncanny ability to not give sh*ts when the going got tough. 

ah yes, cool hand fitz. calm cool and collected when the going gets tough

6 minutes ago, cant wait said:

ah yes, cool hand fitz. calm cool and collected when the going gets tough

I truly love that video. He's a cool guy and a little bit of a maniac, too. As for the idea coming from the haters that receivers make the Qb it's a joke. Ask Marshall and he'd laugh in your face. He went an entire season without having one brush up with a Qb unusual for him. A guy who regularly fought with Jay Cutler. Marshall said with Fitz it was all about working together and football. 24/7. Fitz would get an idea for a play and text Marshall at 3 am. It was pretty obvious on the field they clicked. Just hope this rumor is true but with some of our fans we could have Marino and they would still bitch.

9 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

I truly love that video. He's a cool guy and a little bit of a maniac, too. As for the idea coming from the haters that receivers make the Qb it's a joke. Ask Marshall and he'd laugh in your face. He went an entire season without having one brush up with a Qb unusual for him. A guy who regularly fought with Jay Cutler. Marshall said with Fitz it was all about working together and football. 24/7. Fitz would get an idea for a play and text Marshall at 3 am. It was pretty obvious on the field they clicked. Just hope this rumor is true but with some of our fans we could have Marino and they would still bitch.

I have no doubt fitz is a good guy I just don't like his game. Marino? I'm pretty sure most jets fans would sell their souls to the devil for a QB like that

Just now, cant wait said:

I have no doubt fitz is a good guy I just don't like his game. Marino? I'm pretty sure most jets fans would sell their souls to the devil for a QB like that

We've had enough QB's who weren't good enough to win the SB. Why would we "sell our souls" for another one?

1 minute ago, AFJF said:

We've had enough QB's who weren't good enough to win the SB. Why would we "sell our souls" for another one?

Right because one of the greatest passers of all time is comparable to any of the scrubs the jets have trotted out there for the last generation

Right because one of the greatest passers of all time is comparable to any of the scrubs the jets have trotted out there for the last generation

Marino has the same number of SB wins as Fitz.  Or should we be thrilled to have a guy who won some playoff games?

1 minute ago, cant wait said:

LOL you think fitz is comparable to Marino. That's cute

I said they won the same number of rings.  Is that correct, or not?  Because that's all that matters, right?  

4 minutes ago, AFJF said:

I said they won the same number of rings.  Is that correct, or not?  Because that's all that matters, right?  

Why are you comparing fitz and Marino? You're either delusional enough to believe they belong in the same conversation, or you have zero respect for the history of the game. Not every good player gets a ring, but at least they gave their teams years of competing for one

1 minute ago, cant wait said:

Why are you comparing fitz and Marino? You're either delusional enough to believe they belong in the same conversation, or you have zero respect for the history of the game. Not every good player gets a ring, but at least they gave their teams years of competing for one

You said Jets fans would "sell their soul" for a guy who never won a thing.  We already have one of those...it's not that big of a deal.

I hope to attend the Jets next "competed for a ring" parade...gonna' be a blast.

4 minutes ago, AFJF said:

You said Jets fans would "sell their soul" for a guy who never won a thing.  We already have one of those...it's not that big of a deal.

I hope to attend the Jets next "competed for a ring" parade...gonna' be a blast.

If we keep signing guys like Fitzpatrick as QB this will be a family member of yours many years down the road when the Jets finally get it and sign a real QB and win a Super Bowl. 

article-2266208-1714EE1C000005DC-42_306x

Just now, joewilly12 said:

If we keep signing guys like Fitzpatrick as QB this will be a family member of yours many years down the road when the Jets finally get it and sign a real QB and win a Super Bowl. 

article-2266208-1714EE1C000005DC-42_306x

If only we could get a guy to duplicate Marino's success...all those rings he won!!

Just now, Rangers9 said:

I told you they'd even find a way to bitch if we had Marino. 

Hey, I'd prefer somebody with a ring over a guy with fantastic fantasy stats, but I'm an old guy...not a fanduel kid concerned with "winning my league".

2 minutes ago, AFJF said:

It's too bad your man crush doesn't give us a chance to win a damn thing. But I'm sure next year you'll have a whole new list of excuses for precious fitzy. Seriously comparing one of the worst passers in the league to one of the greatest in NFL history in a desperate attempt at validating mediocrity, you can't make this stuff up

Anyway, as I said earlier, I hope the rumor is true.  Get a veteran mentor like Fitz, then draft a QB early so he has a couple of promising young QB's to bring along.

It's too bad your man crush doesn't give us a chance to win a damn thing. But I'm sure next year you'll have a whole new list of excuses for precious fitzy. Seriously comparing one of the worst passers in the league to one of the greatest in NFL history in a desperate attempt at validating mediocrity, you can't make this stuff up

I simply pointed out the fact that you feel Jets fans should be thrilled to have yet another QB who never won anything.

3 minutes ago, cant wait said:

but AJFJ says Marino and fitz are essentially the same player. So I guess you're right hahaha

Show me where I said that, or just stop lying.

4 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

So then you'd take Eli over Marino?

Yes.  I would take a 2x SB winning QB over a zero time SB winning QB....fancy passing records and all.

5 minutes ago, cant wait said:

but AJFJ says Marino and fitz are essentially the same player. So I guess you're right hahaha

No he's kind of saying that Marino wasn't that good because he didn't win a ring. And that his big time stats were meaningless and basically fantasy football. 

Just now, Rangers9 said:

No he's kind of saying that Marino wasn't that good because he didn't win a ring. And that his big time stats were meaningless and basically fantasy football. 

He was a great regular season QB, but was never good enough to win a ring.  If you'd be happy to see the Jets go another 15 years w/o a SB win but a bunch of passing yards...to each his own.

I'd prefer a QB who can win a ring.

We know Marino can win zero and we know Fitz can win zero.  I want better.

16 minutes ago, AFJF said:

Anyway, as I said earlier, I hope the rumor is true.  Get a veteran mentor like Fitz, then draft a QB early so he has a couple of promising young QB's to bring along.

Agreed.

If we're lucky enough to land a QB that can beat Fitz out in camp, so be it. If not, then at least we're competitive with Fitz. 

Fill the QB room with the best options you can. Fitz coming back is what we can accomplish... the "go get a franchise QB" outcry is understandable, but delusional. It just doesn't work that way. Stud QBs don't change teams often, if at all. You have to find one and make him.

1 minute ago, jack48 said:

I know what is going to happen. After all this Fitz sh*t we will sign him and he will god own for the year game One or Game Two. Never fails.

If it pressures Mac to go out and get a good young QB then that would be the silver lining.  He took a shot at Cousins last season, hopefullly Glennon this season if he doesn't acquire him before week 1.

Just now, Rangers9 said:

I'm flabbergasted by your statement. That Eli is better than Marino. 

I said I'd take the guy who won two rings over the guy who won zero rings.  Wild stuff, isn't it?

1 minute ago, Integrity28 said:

Agreed.

If we're lucky enough to land a QB that can beat Fitz out in camp, so be it. If not, then at least we're competitive with Fitz. 

Fill the QB room with the best options you can. Fitz coming back is what we can accomplish... the "go get a franchise QB" outcry is understandable, but delusional. It just doesn't work that way. Stud QBs don't change teams often, if at all. You have to find one and make him.

Yup, I wish they had  a shot at Paxton Lynch but he'll be gone well before 20th.

Dak Prescott?  

Connor Cook?  Jets sent five coaches to his pro day.

Hackenberg?

Ugh...Glennon or Lynch IMO.

If taking a flier on somebody late, I like Sudfeld.

Archived