Move the Sticks: draft stock up/stock down

nyjbuddy

Was listening to the Move the Sticks podcast, episode 100, yesterday and they had an interesting segment on rising and falling draft stock.  Basically it is what they are hearing from their sources. Both Daniel Jeremiah and Bucky Brooks have been scouts in the league, while Brooks also played for 5 years so they have a few connections/sources from around the league.  They tried to leave out their own views on the players and tried to stick to just what they are hearing from around the league.  This is the time of the off-season when teams are sending smokescreens and lying about players, so take it for what its worth.

Stock Up:
Cody Kessler - going earlier than expected, "love on the streets for Cody Kessler"
Carl Nassib - possible sneaking into the 1st round
Will Fuller - not surprised if he is first WR off the board
Kenny Clark - in the teens
Javon Hargrave - 30s/40s - early 2nd round 
Hunter Henry - a lot of love for him, possible in the late first
TJ Green - don't be surprised if he is drafted in the first round
Keanu Neal - keep an eye on him
Max Tuerk - 2nd/3rd round

Stock Down:
LaQuan Treadwell - being mocked around mid teens, no body expects him to be taken in the top 20. Possible 2nd rounder.
Mackenzie Alexander - DJ has him as the 23rd overall player, Brooks has him at 32, DJ's sources think 50s 
Joey Bosa - teams at the bottom of the first don't like him, but teams in the top 10 really like him
Cody Whitehair - not so much buzz about him in the 1st, but DJ said best guard
Alex Collins - no buzz around him

Mixed:
Noah Spence - Brooks says mixed but DJ said he is trending down (bottom of first round)

Lot of heat this morning on Myles Jack's medical recheck. Apparently it's not as squeaky clean as we've all been led to believe... No word yet on smiths'....

Sucks. Two of the most exciting LBs to come out in years - both possibly cut short by knee issues. Fcking bummer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Paradis said:

Lot of heat this morning on Myles Jack's medical recheck. Apparently it's not as squeaky clean as we've all been led to believe... No word yet on smiths'....

Sucks. Two of the most exciting LBs to come out in years - both possibly cut short by knee issues. Fcking bummer

Smith's was not so good either. Jaylon Smith not expected to play at all in 2016

On April 15, 2016 at 0:06 PM, Paradis said:

How much of that is from team hoping that Myles Jack drops to their selection. ( don't tend to believe anything when we get this close to the draft.

There is a big difference between Myles Jack injury and J Smith injury.  I would have no problem using the 14 pick on Myles Jack, but wouldn't even think about J Smith till the sixth round.( nerve damage is in another ball park in severity).

30 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

I don't see a quote to prove that. Just speculation. Seems like nobody is talking about it at all. 

Some are just in denial as Jaylon Smith isn't going to the sixth round .  ( the earliest, as you're talking about serious injuries- nerve damage).

1 hour ago, Raideraholic said:

Some are just in denial as Jaylon Smith isn't going to the sixth round .  ( the earliest, as you're talking about serious injuries- nerve damage).

You don't know anything about his knee. A team will take a chance on him in round 2 or 3. Especially a team like the Titans who have extra picks. I wouldn't expect a Raider fan to understand effective drafting.

1 hour ago, afosomf said:

It was on sirius radio yesterday, smith aint playing this yr. 4th rd is best case for him

Sirius Radio!?! You don't say! Was it a doctor or team official that actually examined him? No? Okay then. Seems like you don't know what you're speaking on either. 

2 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

You don't know anything about his knee. A team will take a chance on him in round 2 or 3. Especially a team like the Titans who have extra picks. I wouldn't expect a Raider fan to understand effective drafting.

Sirius Radio!?! You don't say! Was it a doctor or team official that actually examined him? No? Okay then. Seems like you don't know what you're speaking on either. 

Ummm Sirius NFL radio reported it, and Dr Chou who you brushed aside and who was right on this from beginning.  We all get that you felate Jaylon ad nauseam. 

26 minutes ago, afosomf said:

Ummm Sirius NFL radio reported it, and Dr Chou who you brushed aside and who was right on this from beginning.  We all get that you felate Jaylon ad nauseam. 

Did Dr. Chou examine him? 

Still haven't heard from the player or a single NFL person. Just "insiders".

2 hours ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

You are going to owe the man an apology when the Raiders win the division this year.

Archived