Connor Cook or a DL

varjet

On ‎4‎/‎14‎/‎2016 at 6:42 PM, bassmaster2 said:

The Jets have so many needs , OL , LB outside, inside ,CB ,there is no need to take another QB early in the draft

The Jets biggest need is QB.  You can't win games if you don't put points on the board.  I think its more important to get the QB first and then build the team around him instead of the other way around.

8 minutes ago, ChuckkieB said:

The Jets biggest need is QB.  You can't win games if you don't put points on the board.  I think its more important to get the QB first and then build the team around him instead of the other way around.

+1

If we had a superior QB the rest of those "needs" would be reclassified as "relatively minor weaknesses" instead.

We have one need. The rest, in comparison, are positions where we'd like an upgrade but if not it's no biggie. 

The question is whether or not any QB we have a shot at in this draft would fill that need. Or would he be a step backwards that causes us to again pass on a QB who would have filled that need the following season?

6 hours ago, Villain The Foe said:

The more tape I see the more im believing that. I just looked at Christian Hackenberg, Connor Cook, Paxton Lynch and Kevin Hogan's tape today. 

Kevin Hogan looks like the 3rd best QB in this draft class if you ask me. Im going to go through Wentz and Goff again as well. 

Most think Hogan will be lucky if he becomes a viable #2 QB.

3 hours ago, Villain The Foe said:

Most think Lynch is a 1st round talent. 

Best thing to do is look yourself and draw your own conclusions. Kevin Hogan looks pretty solid. 

I admit I haven't seen much of him.  The few games I watched I wasnt thrilled with though.  If given time to develop could be a nice backup, has to fix a lot with his mechanics.  I think Lynch has a lot more to his game than Hogan does.  

26 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

I admit I haven't seen much of him.  The few games I watched I wasnt thrilled with though.  If given time to develop could be a nice backup, has to fix a lot with his mechanics.  I think Lynch has a lot more to his game than Hogan does.  

I think that Lynch has alot more natural arm talent than Hogan does, however, I dont see Lynch having a whole lot more to his game in general. He's a one read passer. Hogan played in an offense that required him to read the field and he did so making the best decisions most of the time while not turning the ball over much. 

His arm strength isnt nearly as strong as a Lynch or even a Cook, but he can make all the throws and put it in the bread basket...literally. I would create a GIF breakdown but my mac is acting a fool. Those guys could rip the ball just with wrist action, however, Lynch isnt accurate even when the catches are complete, Hogan is a very accurate passer. When you get a chance dont watch Hogan first. Watch Lynch/Cook and then watch Hogan with the thought in the back of your mind of accuracy and decision making. You will see an immediate difference. 

I cant put "progression" in there given that Lynch was in a 1 read option-type offense and that wouldnt be fair to him, however, Cook had to go through progressions and there were times where he made really good throws, then immediately after on the next play you'd say to yourself "WTF is this guy doing"? 

The main thing Hogan has to work on however is his wind up. It looks wideand arkward. It doesnt cause him from throwing consistent spirals along wtih accurate balls, but he needs it to be a bit more compact. I also think that his draft stock is where it is because he's not a big tall QB. He's 6-2. Not a small guy, but not the 6-4 QB's that is all the rave today. 

4 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

I think that Lynch has alot more natural arm talent than Hogan does, however, I dont see Lynch having a whole lot more to his game in general. He's a one read passer. Hogan played in an offense that required him to read the field and he did so making the best decisions most of the time while not turning the ball over much. 

His arm strength isnt nearly as strong as a Lynch or even a Cook. Those guys could rip the ball just with wrist action, however, Lynch isnt accurate even when the catches are complete, Hogan is a very accurate passer. When you get a chance dont watch Hogan first. Watch Lynch/Cook and then watch Hogan with the thought in the back of your mind of accuracy and decision making. You will see an immediate difference. 

I cant put "progression" in there given that Lynch was in a 1 read option-type offense, however, Cook had to go through progressions and there were times where he made really good throws, then immediately after on the next play you'd say to yourself "WTF is this guy doing"? 

Just because  a guy played for a coach who required 1 read does not mean he could not do more.  The Jets will do their due diligence.  This guy's arm reminds me of Flacco.  Playing in Jersey requires a big arm a good deal of the time.  I would love it if they thought this guy had the brain power to do the job, realizing he would have to sit for at least a year.

1 minute ago, jack48 said:

Just because  a guy played for a coach who required 1 read does not mean he could not do more.  The Jets will do their due diligence.  This guy's arm reminds me of Flacco.  Playing in Jersey requires a big arm a good deal of the time.  I would love it if they thought this guy had the brain power to do the job, realizing he would have to sit for at least a year.

It doesnt, however I dont think he was all that good in that 1 read to begin with. And just because the thought exist that someone could do something outside of a 1 read doesnt negate the fact that Kevin Hogan is already doing it, and doing it well. One is a potential thing (Lynch) the other is tangible and can be reviewed on tape (Hogan). 

13 hours ago, Villain The Foe said:

The more tape I see the more im believing that. I just looked at Christian Hackenberg, Connor Cook, Paxton Lynch and Kevin Hogan's tape today. 

Kevin Hogan looks like the 3rd best QB in this draft class if you ask me. Im going to go through Wentz and Goff again as well. 

I saw highlights of hogan once. I felt I saw a lot of wobbly ducks? 

I love his story and what sounds like real leadership attributes, but those ducks I felt I saw were concerning. 

1 hour ago, Shadetree said:

I love his story and what sounds like real leadership attributes, but those ducks I felt I saw were concerning. 

looks like an arm strength issue.  

1 hour ago, Shadetree said:

From the film I've seen hes got a weak arm with a long, slow delivery  

If I'm looking lower than the Hackenberg types I would go with a Sudfield.  

Archived