Checkdown to Touch down

Tinstar

1 hour ago, neckdemon said:

i know its not going to happen but.....

what happens if geno smith tears it up this year and gets the jets to the championship game???

does he get franchised??

The next question is, what if Geno is released and goes on to greatness someplace else? And,what if Sanchez soars in Denver? There's an argument to be made for patience.

1 hour ago, joewilly12 said:

Or a franchise QB. :D

I would trade Wilkerson, Lee, and our next 3 1st round picks if I knew it will net us Aaron Rodgers or a legit franchise QB. The scenario you are creating only happens in Madden. Be a little realistic here. Franchise QBs are not grown on trees, which is why you see the same teams usually in the championship games. 

This whole "sitting behind veterans" stuff is nonsense. Sure, if you have Brady or Manning in front of you, you can certainly pick their brain. Outside of that? Very few that would actually make any noticeable difference.

Being "mentored" is a hell of a lot different than actually going out there and learning by facing live, full-speed defenses that don't care about your red practice jersey or hurting you.

2 hours ago, PCP63 said:

This whole "sitting behind veterans" stuff is nonsense. Sure, if you have Brady or Manning in front of you, you can certainly pick their brain. Outside of that? Very few that would actually make any noticeable difference.

Being "mentored" is a hell of a lot different than actually going out there and learning by facing live, full-speed defenses that don't care about your red practice jersey or hurting you.

Disagree.  In some cases its nonsense.  Like a college QB who's played four years in a pro-style offense against high caliber competition.  In other cases a kid might need to convert from an option system or may have been a shotgun-only QB that now has to learn his steps under center...its never really black and white.  Sanchez and Geno could both have used a redshirt year.  Luck came out of college ready for the pro game.  Depends on the individual.

12 hours ago, Jet Fan RI said:

The next question is, what if Geno is released and goes on to greatness someplace else? And,what if Sanchez soars in Denver? There's an argument to be made for patience.

I mean it's possible.....but I don't think sanchez ever goes above what he is. Geno has a better chance

16 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

I repeat I dont know at this point who is available for the right price anyone is available Macc needs to figure that out. 

If there was 1 id offer 2017 and 2018 1st round picks 

This is a terrible answer. You whine incessantly about the QB position. If you wanna validate all your whining at least a little bit, you need to use the internet in front of your face and do a little research on what QBs might be available as free agents or in a trade that could be potential franchise guys. Without that, all of your complaints are invalid. 

And then when you discover that the top name is probably Mike Glennon, you need to switch to decaf. Permanently. 

30 minutes ago, neckdemon said:

I mean it's possible.....but I don't think sanchez ever goes above what he is. Geno has a better chance

I'd say the opposite. Sanchez isn't as bad as most here think.

14 hours ago, neckdemon said:

i know its not going to happen but.....

what happens if geno smith tears it up this year and gets the jets to the championship game???

does he get franchised??

I suppose he might, but of course it would be a moot point.  If that happens it is clear to me that the Mayan calendar was 4 years off 

17 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

I am a leader I didnt say those guys were. 

So lets sign and overpay a 34 year old journeyman QB. 

So you rip apart a 7th round draft pick from Harvard who has vastly overachieved in his life and just broke the Jets franchise QB record for touchdown passes and earned the respect of his teammates, yet you claim to be a leader in life. What and whom exactly do you lead in this world that makes you such a success in your mind that you feel the constant need to denegrate others?

2 hours ago, slats said:

This is a terrible answer. You whine incessantly about the QB position. If you wanna validate all your whining at least a little bit, you need to use the internet in front of your face and do a little research on what QBs might be available as free agents or in a trade that could be potential franchise guys. Without that, all of your complaints are invalid. 

And then when you discover that the top name is probably Mike Glennon, you need to switch to decaf. Permanently. 

So you think if a GM is considering parting ways with a franchise QB or even a backup he sits down and posts it on a message board or do you think the league has a message boards where all the GMs post sort of like a Craigslist for players. 

My answer to the current QB situation is let Geno-Petty-Hackenburg battle it out in camp may the best QB win and we see what we got once the season starts. 

1 hour ago, UpstateJetsGuru said:

So you rip apart a 7th round draft pick from Harvard who has vastly overachieved in his life and just broke the Jets franchise QB record for touchdown passes and earned the respect of his teammates, yet you claim to be a leader in life. What and whom exactly do you lead in this world that makes you such a success in your mind that you feel the constant need to denegrate others?

Overachieved?  What has he ever won or accomplished in the NFL?  The Snoopy Bowl. 

Archived