What do you think the Jets record could be if....

Villain The Foe

Just now, Villain The Foe said:

Whatever you want to call it. 

But you can still leave if you have problem with the thread. Since you're here I suppose that you're just sh*t talking like usual. 

So, I tried to leave, and I clicked on another thread... and it seemed like the same discussion happening there... so then, I clicked another one. Guess what... same thing. So, I tried what I thought was another thread, and it ended up being this one again.

So, you see Villain. I did try. I tried hard... but my initial point remains true...

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

So, I tried to leave, and I clicked on another thread... and it seemed like the same discussion happening there... so then, I clicked another one. Guess what... same thing. So, I tried what I thought was another thread, and it ended up being this one again.

So, you see Villain. I did try. I tried hard... but my initial point remains true...

Then do what I originally told you to do. 

41 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

#Offseason. 

C'mon, try to enjoy! :-) 

26 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Because from reports Fitz is looking for 15 Million. Please, show me how we get there. Dont tell me that there are ways to make it work. Show me how it works, and then after, tell me if that maximized the money in reflection of talent on the roster. 

Show me or leave it alone. 

That's pretty old history. I doubt very strongly this is where the negotiation stalled. But $9-10 mill? Yeah, that's probably the neighborhood. Still a good piece of change, but not prohibitive. Bottom line is that picking between pedestrian options still does not make the Jets a strong contender for the playoffs, much less a SB. With a mediocre QB, we  are very likely a mediocre team, despite the improvements on defense and ST's, and very modest improvement on offense (Clady over Brick; Forte/Powell/Robinson over Ivory/Powell/Stacy; and the possible return of Amaro).

7 minutes ago, Long Island Leprechaun said:

That's pretty old history. I doubt very strongly this is where the negotiation stalled. But $9-10 mill? Yeah, that's probably the neighborhood. Still a good piece of change, but not prohibitive. Bottom line is that picking between pedestrian options still does not make the Jets a strong contender for the playoffs, much less a SB. With a mediocre QB, we  are very likely a mediocre team, despite the improvements on defense and ST's, and very modest improvement on offense (Clady over Brick; Forte/Powell/Robinson over Ivory/Powell/Stacy; and the possible return of Amaro).

Thats pretty old history, sure. But where's the new history showing that negotiations are stalled at 9-10 million? 

You show me that, and I'll readjust my point of view. 

Just now, Villain The Foe said:

Then do what I originally told you to do. 

Why do you assume I'm not enjoying myself?

I find there to be nothing entertaining about your bad, redundant attempts are debating... however, I find your insecure reactions to mild criticism to be overwhelmingly enjoyable. 

#offseasoninglikeachamp #amiright?

1 minute ago, Integrity28 said:

Why do you assume I'm not enjoying myself?

I find there to be nothing entertaining about your bad, redundant attempts are debating... however, I find your insecure reactions to mild criticism to be overwhelmingly enjoyable. 

#offseasoninglikeachamp #amiright?

Do you need a hug 28? 

1 minute ago, Integrity28 said:

Anytime anyone makes you look like a fool, it's definitely because they need a hug. 

Which is why im offering. I gotten you so far out of character you're dry snitching to the administrator and owner of the website. lol

Its obvious you need something. I figured a free hug. Its okay 28. Im sorry for hurting your feelings this morning. 

freehug.jpg

39 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

I find your arguments not only logical, but also refreshing and cleansing, Colgateman. Whenever I read your posts, it is though this board has been scrubbed of any prior buildup.

Ah, this guy gets it.

7 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Which is why im offering. I gotten you so far out of character you're dry snitching to the administrator and owner of the website. lol

Its obvious you need something. I figured a free hug. Its okay 28. Im sorry for hurting your feelings this morning. 

freehug.jpg

FYI, I always tag Max when someone says "you should leave". It's a nod to something he and I laugh about now. It really didn't have much to do with you, but you getting emo about it is nice.

I think the question you really have to ask yourself is two-fold at this: Is continually responding to Ape making you look better or worse, and does implying Ape has hurt feelings truly convince people that he didn't get under your skin?

At this point, you're running in quicksand.

20 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

FYI, I always tag Max when someone says "you should leave". It's a nod to something he and I laugh about now. It really didn't have much to do with you, but you getting emo about it is nice.

I think the question you really have to ask yourself is two-fold at this: Is continually responding to Ape making you look better or worse, and does implying Ape has hurt feelings truly convince people that he didn't get under your skin?

At this point, you're running in quicksand.

What you usually tag Max is none of my business. Dry snitching on a dude while lying actually shows who's emo here. Me responding with the same tag goes to show that I really dont care what you say and who you tell it to. 

You are quicksand...which is a waste. 

I got my ball, going about my business now. You can have that last word, tag who you like. lol. 

48 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Thats pretty old history, sure. But where's the new history showing that negotiations are stalled at 9-10 million? 

You show me that, and I'll readjust my point of view. 

Granted this is reading between the lines, but Rappaport among others is reporting some indication that Fitz wants a little more than the Jets are offering. So I'm guessing my figure can't be too far off....

Here's what Rapoport reported this week on the NFL Network (video here):

"Next Tuesday, the Jets begin OTAs. From what I'm being told, that is the first legitimate deadline for when both sides would like a deal to be done if Fitzpatrick is going to remain the starting quarterback of the Jets. Meanwhile, veterans such as Eric Decker and Brandon Marshall—they just want their quarterback back. While the Jets have held firm on their initial offer, Fitzpatrick wants to get a little more money out of the organization where he saw so much success last year. As the days creep toward Tuesday, maybe—just maybe—we'll have an answer."

10 minutes ago, Long Island Leprechaun said:

Granted this is reading between the lines, but Rappaport among others is reporting some indication that Fitz wants a little more than the Jets are offering. So I'm guessing my figure can't be too far off....

"Next Tuesday, the Jets begin OTAs. From what I'm being told, that is the first legitimate deadline for when both sides would like a deal to be done if Fitzpatrick is going to remain the starting quarterback of the Jets. Meanwhile, veterans such as Eric Decker and Brandon Marshall—they just want their quarterback back. While the Jets have held firm on their initial offer, Fitzpatrick wants to get a little more money out of the organization where he saw so much success last year. As the days creep toward Tuesday, maybe—just maybe—we'll have an answer."

$hit.  If they're at 9-10mil now and Fitz wants a bit more... sounds like a deal may happen for 10-11.  And he'd be the unquestioned starter at that sort of salary.  Complete insanity in my opinion, but if it happens I'll sure root for the guy to earn it.

On the bright side, if it'll get done by Tuesday, we can stop discussing it.

Not to mention I'll be able to hold off picking a QB in fantasy 'til the 12 round or so.  Any QB under center with this offense should have some decent stats.

31 minutes ago, Long Island Leprechaun said:

This could be legit. If so, hopefully if Macc has to restructure contracts then Marshall and Decker are the first to stand up willing to do so. 

From here on out I'll consider it no more than 11 million which is half way between the Jets 7 million and Fitz's 15 million. 

6 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

This could be legit. If so, hopefully if Macc has to restructure contracts then Marshall and Decker are the first to stand up willing to do so. 

From here on out I'll consider it no more than 11 million which is half way between the Jets 7 million and Fitz's 15 million. 

Marshall is the last person I'd restructure.

33 year olds getting money pushed back isn't the smartest idea, Expecially with how deep the WR class is supposed to be next year and with young goat peake. And maybe Devon smith. 

28 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

$hit.  If they're at 9-10mil now and Fitz wants a bit more... sounds like a deal may happen for 10-11.  And he'd be the unquestioned starter at that sort of salary.  Complete insanity in my opinion, but if it happens I'll sure root for the guy to earn it.

On the bright side, if it'll get done by Tuesday, we can stop discussing it.

Not to mention I'll be able to hold off picking a QB in fantasy 'til the 12 round or so.  Any QB under center with this offense should have some decent stats.

The Jets giving up 7 million would be a tough pill to swallow let alone 10-11 million. Fitz in 11 years has never shown that he's worth that amount of money. 

Back in his prime, when he got his big payday, he was cut 1 year later. I can see people coming here saying "SEE I TOLD YOU FITZ WAS GONNA BE SIGNED" only to be in deep depression come week 17. 

I mean, Fitz is no Andy Dalton and Andy Dalton cant even win a playoff game. Fitz cant even get to the playoffs. 

I'd rather take my chances with Geno Smith. 

However, if Macc did do it I'd love to see what he manipulates the cap because I dont see signing FItz to 10-11 million without cuts or significant restructures. And I dont believe Fitz skillset is worth all that. 

4 minutes ago, Colgateman said:

Marshall is the last person I'd restructure.

33 year olds getting money pushed back isn't the smartest idea, Expecially with how deep the WR class is supposed to be next year and with young goat peake. And maybe Devon smith. 

I dont want to restructure anyone to sign Fitz. Im saying however, if we have to then I prefer it be the guys all over tv and the airwaves giving up money to do so. 

58 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

What you usually tag Max is none of my business. Dry snitching on a dude while lying actually shows who's emo here. Me responding with the same tag goes to show that I really dont care what you say and who you tell it to. 

You are quicksand...which is a waste. 

I got my ball, going about my business now. You can have that last word, tag who you like. lol. 

Not emo.

30 minutes ago, AFJF said:

Fitz 11-5

Geno 1-6 before they turn the season over to Hack or Petty.

Good point.  Kind of nonsense to even be suggesting a final 16-game record for Geno when we all know there's a very good chance we see one of the young guys under center at some point this season, whether the Week 1 starter ends up being Geno or we bring back Fitzpatrick. 

Alternatively, perhaps we say "f*ck it" and even start Hack or Petty Week 1.

2 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

And what, exactly, does it prove that the Jets won a flukey 8 games with Geno as a rookie?  The next year's team went 4-12.  And in both years Geno was the worst starting QB in the NFL.  So unless Geno suddenly becomes competent, we're looking at a 4-5 win season, maybe 6-10, with him as the starter in 2016.  That's what this thread is about.

Someone said we couldnt win 6 games with Geno.  Fact is, he won 8 as rookie.  I think it proves he can win more than 6 games because well, he's done it before.

Mind blowing, I know. 

1 minute ago, JiF said:

Someone said we couldnt win 6 games with Geno.  Fact is, he won 8 as rookie.  I think it proves he can win more than 6 games because well, he's done it before.

Mind blowing, I know. 

Some of us would rather see Petty on the field now that he's gotten better playing as the Starter in Madden. :-) 

12 minutes ago, JiF said:

Mind blowing, I know. 

If only the world were so simple.

19 minutes ago, JiF said:

Mind blowing, I know. 

Yeah but he had better weapons?  Wait

27 minutes ago, JiF said:

Mind blowing, I know. 

I said that.  And I'm comfortable with it.  We may squeak out a couple more than I expect, certainly, football is a team sport after all.  We could certainly win 6 or 8 by stealing a few or playing exceptional defense or Forte/Powell tearing up the league or even if Geno simply IS vastly better now than he was in 2014.

But I have a hard time looking at that schedule and finding alot of wins for a Geno-led, or Petty-led for that matter, team.  8 may be the absolutely maximum possible IMO, and I think it's far more likely with a Geno-led season that we finish up a losing team.

Archived