Minicamp Preview: Questions to be Answered

JetNation

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

How much more do they have see? Two years of film isn't enough? Last year's camp wasn't enough? The Raiders game wasn't enough? I think they've seen enough. 

Well he is the starting QB of the team. So I think that the coaches getting a chance to see him in game action with the starting unit is important.

So I don't think they have seen enough. If what you wrote was true, they would have panicked and overpaid Fitz. They didn't.

3 hours ago, Maxman said:

Well he is the starting QB of the team. So I think that the coaches getting a chance to see him in game action with the starting unit is important.

So I don't think they have seen enough. If what you wrote was true, they would have panicked and overpaid Fitz. They didn't.

They saw it last season and went back to Fitz a week post surgery. 

38 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

They saw it last season and went back to Fitz a week post surgery. 

And then they saw Fitz lose the week 17 game. So they are obviously open to new ideas if Fitz won't reduce his contract demands.

On 6/1/2016 at 8:13 AM, Jet Nut said:

When do people start coming up with names for this greedy guy? 

We had people quick to name Meeshawn and Mevis when they wanted more money.  

At least they were pro bowl talent.  Revis an all time, HOF player. 

Two factors come into play:

1: He's a QB. You're less inclined to resent a QB wanting QB money. 

2: And I think this is the more important factor.... Fitzpatrick's name does not lend itself as well to the "ME" moniker... Tough name to imply greed. Richardson, Wilkerson, and Abraham don't have greedy nicknames either.  More than a few people have implied that Fitzpatrick is being greedy. 

19 hours ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

How much more do they have see? Two years of film isn't enough? Last year's camp wasn't enough? The Raiders game wasn't enough? I think they've seen enough. 

His rookie and sophomore year?  With Marty Moronweg and Rex?

ray420-420x0.jpg stevie-wonder01.jpg

33 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Well the staff disagrees with you.

The staff that is still trying to bring back Fitzpatrick? If the Jets go into the season with Geno as the starting QB it will be viewed by most as a failed offseason and a season with not much to look forward to. They're only favored as of right now in 5 games, 4 of those at home. That's not a good look for a team coming off of a 10 win season. 

1 minute ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

The staff that is still trying to bring back Fitzpatrick? If the Jets go into the season with Geno as the starting QB it will be viewed by most as a failed offseason and a season with not much to look forward to. They're only favored as of right now in 5 games, 4 of those at home. That's not a good look for a team coming off of a 10 win season. 

If the staff and organization wanted Fitzpatrick back he would be here. 

What Fitzpatrick did in the last game against Buffalo cost him. 

I remember the Jets organization remembers funny other fans dont remember. 

7 hours ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

New ideas. Not the same old Geno Smith. 

Same old? Like in his last game Ftiz plays he helps the Jets miss the playoffs?  Like he has for 11 straight seasons?  

Thats the same old to avoid.  Why would we expect anything different moving forward. 

3 hours ago, CrazyCarl40 said:The staff that is still trying to bring back Fitzpatrick? If the Jets go into the season with Geno as the starting QB it will be viewed by most as a failed offseason and a season with not much to look forward to. They're only favored as of right now in 5 games, 4 of those at home. That's not a good look for a team coming off of a 10 win season. 

How about looking at it this way.

Any FO that brings back a QB with one season out of 11 with more than 6 wins, who has never made the playoffs, buckles under paying him more than Tom Brady and he doesn't win, how good will it look and sound on his resume? 

Why after 11 seasons would anyone expect something different.  The same group of fans who think 2 years proves Geno cant improve wants us to accept that 11 years of Fitz means nothing.  Doesn't make sense

8 hours ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

If they wanted Fitzpatrick here, he would be here. What they think is that Fitz is a safer bet than Geno. But they are willing to go with Geno if Fitz doesn't take the contract that they want him to take.

They won 10 games and didn't make the playoffs. Not making the playoffs is the only thing that doesn't look good.

If Chan Gailey thinks he can win with Geno, I am not going to disagree with him. He has earned the right to do his thing.

11 minutes ago, Maxman said:

If they wanted Fitzpatrick here, he would be here. What they think is that Fitz is a safer bet than Geno. But they are willing to go with Geno if Fitz doesn't take the contract that they want him to take.

They won 10 games and didn't make the playoffs. Not making the playoffs is the only thing that doesn't look good.

If Chan Gailey thinks he can win with Geno, I am not going to disagree with him. He has earned the right to do his thing.

Oh god. They got to you too. We're all doomed!

Hey man, if you want to spend your hard earned money and hard earned Sundays watching Geno Smith flail and fail, that's up to you. Just remember you asked for it. 

1 hour ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Hey man, if you want to spend your hard earned money and hard earned Sundays watching Geno Smith flail and fail, that's up to you. Just remember you asked for it. 

Geno is the emergency valve if we can't get Fitz in at our price ... Worst case scenario for 2016 ... Big Mac is well aware of that ... As well as what Big Maxman is voicing

Let's sign Fitz to a big contract because that has worked for so many teams in the past.  Not.

I want Fitz back. At a deal that Mac is comfortable with.  You can hate on Geno all you want but the team feels that the gap between Geno and Fitz isn't that large.

Fitz is the safer bet.

Geno has the potential to be boom or bust. So having seen the Jets not make the playoffs under Fitz, I am all for moving on since he (Fitz) wants to break the bank. Pass.

3 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Let's sign Fitz to a big contract because that has worked for so many teams in the past.  Not.

I want Fitz back. At a deal that Mac is comfortable with.  You can hate on Geno all you want but the team feels that the gap between Geno and Fitz isn't that large.

Fitz is the safer bet.

Geno has the potential to be boom or bust. So having seen the Jets not make the playoffs under Fitz, I am all for moving on since he (Fitz) wants to break the bank. Pass.

I never said let's give into Fitz or give him a massive deal. There should be a middle ground that is sensible for all parties involved. If the brain trust decides that the gap between Geno and Fitz isn't that much, their actions certainly don't indicate that. There is no boom or bust with Geno, it's either continue busting or be slightly below league average, that's his ceiling. He's a very replaceable player. 

That being said, they had better hope Petty or Hack has the goods because I don't think Geno or Fitz is a NY Jet next season. 

1 minute ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

I never said let's give into Fitz or give him a massive deal. There should be a middle ground that is sensible for all parties involved. If the brain trust decides that the gap between Geno and Fitz isn't that much, their actions certainly don't indicate that. There is no boom or bust with Geno, it's either continue busting or be slightly below league average, that's his ceiling. He's a very replaceable player. 

That being said, they had better hope Petty or Hack has the goods because I don't think Geno or Fitz is a NY Jet next season. 

The Jets are the only team that is offering Fitz a starting job. So I am not rooting for a middle ground. I am rooting for a contract that the Jets are very happy with. More cap room for the defense. Because if Fitz is the starter they are going to need it.

3 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

And Carl debating with you is painful because it is your opinion or nothing.

The Jets OBVIOUSLY disagree otherwise Geno would have already been cut.

15 minutes ago, Maxman said:

And Carl debating with you is painful because it is your opinion or nothing.

The Jets OBVIOUSLY disagree otherwise Geno would have already been cut.

My opinion or nothing? That's a bit much. I'm respectful of all opinions, no matter how ridiculous I think they are. I'm just voicing my opinion. It may be stronger than others, but it's nothing more than anything else anyone else does. If you have a serious issue, send me a message.

Why would they cut Geno without having Fitz under contract? I don't think they'll end up cutting Geno either way. 

17 minutes ago, Maxman said:

The Jets are the only team that is offering Fitz a starting job. So I am not rooting for a middle ground. I am rooting for a contract that the Jets are very happy with. More cap room for the defense. Because if Fitz is the starter they are going to need it.

The defense doesn't need to have any more cap room. It already takes up the majority of the space. The defense needs to be solid no matter who is under center. That's always been the case because of the lack of above average QB play. 

23 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

My opinion or nothing? That's a bit much. I'm respectful of all opinions, no matter how ridiculous I think they are. I'm just voicing my opinion. It may be stronger than others, but it's nothing more than anything else anyone else does. If you have a serious issue, send me a message.

Why would they cut Geno without having Fitz under contract? I don't think they'll end up cutting Geno either way. 

The defense doesn't need to have any more cap room. It already takes up the majority of the space. The defense needs to be solid no matter who is under center. That's always been the case because of the lack of above average QB play. 

I laid out my feelings on hoping Fitz being back but hoping that Mac doesn't budge at all. This was your response.

My point is if the Jets decide to go with Geno then I am going with their opinion over yours.

11 minutes ago, Maxman said:

I laid out my feelings on hoping Fitz being back but hoping that Mac doesn't budge at all. This was your response.

My point is if the Jets decide to go with Geno then I am going with their opinion over yours.

If my tongue was any more in my cheek, it would have poked through. Your response could have been written by any number of other guys on this forum. It was almost a copy and paste. 

If the Jets decide to go with Geno, it won't just be my opinion that they're wrong. Wait until the national media and local media starts. The circus will be back in full force. 

Also, what over the course of your Jets fandom has this team done that warrants you to give your unwavering support all of the time. It's okay to criticize the things we love once in a while you know? It's not all rainbows and unicorns all the time. 

If my tongue was any more in my cheek, it would have poked through. Your response could have been written by any number of other guys on this forum. It was almost a copy and paste. 

If the Jets decide to go with Geno, it won't just be my opinion that they're wrong. Wait until the national media and local media starts. The circus will be back in full force. 

Also, what over the course of your Jets fandom has this team done that warrants you to give your unwavering support all of the time. It's okay to criticize the things we love once in a while you know? It's not all rainbows and unicorns all the time. 

Thanks for the feedback Carl, I definitely appreciate it.

On June 5, 2016 at 10:51 AM, CrazyCarl40 said:

No its not, thats just a line of garbage to add to your side of the ledger.  And wanting to bring him back at a discount price, not wanting to pay him starter money, not wanting to guarantee anything past 1 season isnt a ringing endorcement

Every person I go to games with, tailgate with, to a man are ok with telling Fitz to take his demands and stick them to just hand the ball over to Geno.  The Oakland game you love referencing showed not that he sucks but that his QBR is the same as Fitz with more yardage and more ability to stretch the field.  You and the rest of the Fitzoids can deny all you want but its true.  

Let them face off, head to head and the best performances win.  

19 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

No its not, thats just a line of garbage to add to your side of the ledger.  And wanting to bring him back at a discount price, not wanting to pay him starter money, not wanting to guarantee anything past 1 season isnt a ringing endorcement

Every person I go to games with, tailgate with, to a man are ok with telling Fitz to take his demands and stick them to just hand the ball over to Geno.  The Oakland game you love referencing showed not that he sucks but that his QBR is the same as Fitz with more yardage and more ability to stretch the field.  You and the rest of the Fitzoids can deny all you want but its true.  

Let them face off, head to head and the best performances win.  

The other thing is, who cares what games the Jets are favored in RIGHT NOW.

Bowles and Mac have a plan of attack. If they fail they get blasted. But blasting them because Vegas has us an underdogs? Yeah I will wait for the games on the field.

23 minutes ago, Maxman said:

The other thing is, who cares what games the Jets are favored in RIGHT NOW.

Bowles and Mac have a plan of attack. If they fail they get blasted. But blasting them because Vegas has us an underdogs? Yeah I will wait for the games on the field.

I always laugh at the strength of schedule before the season starts nonsense.  So much will change over the next 3 months and then during the season.  A team loses its QB and goes from a 10 point favorite to beatable.  Too much can and will change between the release of the schedule and the season ender.  You would think fans would get this

Archived