Criminal Minds Mafia Game Thread

10 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Because, I believe JIF blind-squirreled him last game, and to me it's not a "scum tell" that I rely on for him. My point is that this is something that JIF specifically embraces as scum tell meta for Smashmouth. 

If you recall, I thought Smash was town last game, which is why I was basically defending him. So, obviously I don't personally endorse this tell, but I do know JIF holds it near and dear to his heart.

Smash's reticent toward Day 1 is well known and most of the time when we call him on it he adjusts and post more.  Last game he did not add commentary and we lynched him.  Yeah town. This is a different game.  JiF says he wants to cut him a break.  OK.  Smash has not received the heat like he did last game but if we did vote him maybe he would post more or maybe he rolls over in the hopes to change a meta.  Either way I don't see this argument gaining traction.  

21 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

I'm going to remind you all of one thing, and then I'm done talking about it - because if this is JIF going back to SCUM MVP disaster mode, then the best thing to do is ignore him.

7 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

I

So, with that, I'm also going to go silent with him and his nonsense. I'm willing to vote DPR (obvi), JIF, and Lily as of now.

2 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

@The Crusher - 3 posts, he says.... lololololololol!!! 

Ok guys, NOW Ape is going to start ignoring JiF.........starting..........Now NO WAIT ONE MORE

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

LOL.  I'm scummy for suggesting that if a Friday deadline didn't work, we shouldn't set it for a Saturday or Sunday when no one is around?  GFY.  I take it this is going to be a game where everything I say sounds scummy to you. 

Btw, lengthier deadlines hurt scum more than than town.  Especially in a game where there's not going to be any random lynches, per the rules.

I see it as the town gets too distracted from the weekend activities/alcohol usage that we come back on Monday when nobody posted to rush a vote on the person who posted most over the weekend.  Just keep it sometime Friday.

Just now, Jetscode1 said:

I see it as the town gets too distracted from the weekend activities/alcohol usage that we come back on Monday when nobody posted to rush a vote on the person who posted most over the weekend.  Just keep it sometime Friday.

I'm good with that.

8 minutes ago, JiF said:

Do you realize that's hard to accept from you because this is your 3rd post?  

And the second part is not true.  I called you avoiding the thread like the plague in my recap of observations.  Ape had nothing to do with it.

Thanks for joining us though! 

Yeah.. and you should also realize that I was sleeping up until I started posting today... You want to start using that against me now as well as the wild guesses ? 

I said what I had to say on day one and voted Nolder and I also pointed at your play as also pointed out by APE do I have to take that further and post jibberish like you do in order to prove I'm playing ? Do I have to beg and cheer like you do to have people follow me ?

Its been pretty clear over the years when I suspect someone (right or wrong)  I will go after them with the heat of 1000 suns  I'm reading the thread and I will post when I deem necessary if I have to post nonsense to appease you and 80 and JC like I have for the last 4 games I wont bother playing. This is my style and always has been for the most part yet you clowns now use this as a scum tell and relentlessly come after me with no basis and force me into a deadline lynch. Did Ape strike that much of a chord with you that the flailing is this obvious ? scum

Unvote Nolder

Vote JIF

• Upvote 1

OFFICIAL VOTE COUNT:

DPR (2): Ape, 80

Nolder (4):   Nyn, AJ, Lily, Crusher

JC(1): Leelou

JiF(2): Pac, Smash

Pac(1):  DPR

Crusher(1): JiF

80(1): JC

Not Voting: Nolder

With 13 alive it takes 7 to lynch.  A deadline has been set for Friday, July 22nd at 12pm PST ( Subject to change if you guys would like it earlier.) - Look ok?

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

I really hate that Ape's arguing with JiF is drowning out Ape's case on DPR.  Ape is his own worst enemy.

That's funny, he told me it was my interaction with Crusher that derailed his amazing case on DPR.  It had so much momentum at the time.  Tons of votes and stuff on that DPR train we drowned.

5 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

Yeah.. and you should also realize that I was sleeping up until I started posting today... You want to start using that against me now as well as the wild guesses ? 

I said what I had to say on day one and voted Nolder and I also pointed at your play as also pointed out by APE do I have to take that further and post jibberish like you do in order to prove I'm playing ? Do I have to beg and cheer like you do to have people follow me ?

Its been pretty clear over the years when I suspect someone (right or wrong)  I will go after them with the heat of 1000 suns  I'm reading the thread and I will post when I deem necessary if I have to post nonsense to appease you and 80 and JC like I have for the last 4 games I wont bother playing. This is my style and always has been for the most part yet you clowns now use this as a scum tell and relentlessly come after me with no basis and force me into a deadline lynch. Did Ape strike that much of a chord with you that the flailing is this obvious ? scum

Unvote Nolder

Vote JIF

Good post, Smash.  Glad you're playing.  lol

11 minutes ago, Jetscode1 said:

Smash's reticent toward Day 1 is well known and most of the time when we call him on it he adjusts and post more.  Last game he did not add commentary and we lynched him.  Yeah town. This is a different game.  JiF says he wants to cut him a break.  OK.  Smash has not received the heat like he did last game but if we did vote him maybe he would post more or maybe he rolls over in the hopes to change a meta.  Either way I don't see this argument gaining traction.  

Then you're missing the point.

It didn't become a thing until I made the observation out loud, and then JIF almost immediately tried to provide an explanation for it, but without directly addressing my observation. He tried to pass it off, without acknowledging me, so it didn't come off like a defense, or excuse. IMO

Nuance.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Ok guys, NOW Ape is going to start ignoring JiF.........starting..........Now NO WAIT ONE MORE

The last post was to pull Crusher in and see what he thought about "3 posts". 

Don't care what JIF says. I want a lens on the other player in that argument I've been basing my thoughts on.

Not seeing Smash, Ape, or Pac as scum here. Not liking Lily, JC, JiF and DPR. 80, is on the fringe of not liking. Everyone else I need to read closer to get a good read on. I'm going to try for some more concrete reads later tonight, but realistically it will be tomorrow night. I'm waiting to hear info on my uncle, who is currently receiving brain surgery. 

3 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

In other words I have me, Ape, Andrej, Smash, JC, Nyn, Crusher, Leelou and Lily in my town/null pile right now.  That left DPR, JiF, Nolder, Pac.  Of those 4, 3 were active.  Of those 3, only Nolder was exhibiting truly scum behaviors in my eyes at the time.  So who, joining Nolder, does that leave as a "top 2"? 

Why was I in your town/null pile? 

2 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

JIF took a moment to agree with my case on DPR, but didn't vote there. Instead, he stayed with the OMGUS vote on Pac.

I don't think Pac is scum right now. I do think DPR is scum. If JIF is scum, I could see him making the distancing comment towards DPR, by agreeing with me, but not actually voting there.

If nobody has the balls to lynch the pirate, I am content to vote JIF. 

I'd be down to lynch the pirate. 

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

10 PM EST deadline on a Friday night probably isn't going to work for most of us, if I had to guess.  Either a Friday afternoon EST deadline (somewhere between 9-12 or so PST) or pushing it to Monday would be my suggestion.

I have no clue when I'll be on, but I will be out at 10 pm on Friday night. 

20 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

I'm just going to make a note here, in the past when I've caught JIF as scum, his best defense with me is to be as preposterous and loud as possible in his counter-points, because he knows he cannot out-logic, or out-smart me. He can only out-annoy everyone so that they stop listen to us both.

You're seeing it real time.

So, with that, I'm also going to go silent with him and his nonsense. I'm willing to vote DPR (obvi), JIF, and Lily as of now.

I was actually enjoying your change in meta this game...then you revert to this...an attempt to convince town of someone's guilt using your own past interaction...when you do this...and you've used this tactic with me often...I think of the Texan who fires some gunshots into his barn and then paints a target centered on the tightest cluster of his hits and claims he's a sharpshooter.

Just now, Jetscode1 said:

I was actually enjoying your change in meta this game...then you revert to this...an attempt to convince town of someone's guilt using your own past interaction...when you do this...and you've used this tactic with me often...I think of the Texan who fires some gunshots into his barn and then paints a target centered on the tightest cluster of his hits and claims he's a sharpshooter.

Great metaphor.

Now, stop pinging and put some work in.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, D P R said:

It's too early to try and get inside the mind of Nolder, but you're right about the different sides - Captain Nolder who goes down with the ship is different than when he throws fits that don't make any sense. I'll have to re-read Andrej, but my impression so far is that he's just been calling 'em like he sees 'em.

Ever get to that re-read pirate?

Caught up on the last 10 pages and can confidently say that this is an official sh*tshow.

The spotlight sh*t about me is funny - I laughed at that. 

80, I'll go ahead and ask: why are you're voting me?

Here's the rest of my narrative: 

For the rest, Nolder is still creepin. JiF is all over the place, half making sense and half knee-jerking to everything the Ape is shoveling. Ape wants to rub his banana on me really, really bad. JC is slowly transforming into Yoda. Nun is crabby and pushy and I'm starting to get a ping there. Leelou is floating under the radar and feels opportunistic. And Lily, my sweet Lily, is lurking. Pac is scummy.

Andrej seems to have disappeared, but I don't know his schedule. If Crusher goes more emo I'll start to worry. Smash is Smash. But more than anyone, 80's game has changed the most for me. I'm very interested in the reason for his vote. 

OFFICIAL VOTE COUNT:

DPR (2): Ape, 80

Nolder (5):   Nyn, AJ, Lily, Crusher, JC

JC(1): Leelou

JiF(2): Pac, Smash

Pac(1):  DPR

Crusher(1): JiF

Not Voting: Nolder

With 13 alive it takes 7 to lynch.  A deadline has been set for Friday, July 22nd at 12pm PST ( Subject to change if you guys would like it earlier.) - Look ok?

26 minutes ago, D P R said:

Caught up on the last 10 pages and can confidently say that this is an official sh*tshow.

For the rest, Nolder is still creepin. JiF is all over the place, half making sense and half knee-jerking to everything the Ape is shoveling. Ape wants to rub his banana on me really, really bad. JC is slowly transforming into Yoda. Nun is crabby and pushy and I'm starting to get a ping there. Leelou is floating under the radar and feels opportunistic. And Lily, my sweet Lily, is lurking. Pac is scummy.

Andrej seems to have disappeared, but I don't know his schedule. If Crusher goes more emo I'll start to worry. Smash is Smash. But more than anyone, 80's game has changed the most for me. I'm very interested in the reason for his vote. 

Andre has disappeared?  Fine.   How about commenting on what you said you would when he was still here. Or did he take his content with him?

34 minutes ago, D P R said:

Voting you because Nolder and Jif seem more townie of late. You jumped on Pac immediately after 1 post, and are also reacting awfully strong to pressure from one player (Ape), which are interesting developments. So it's between you and Pac now.

34 minutes ago, D P R said:

How is my current vote opportunistic? 

6 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Voting you because Nolder and Jif seem more townie of late. You jumped on Pac immediately after 1 post, and are also reacting awfully strong to pressure from one player (Ape), which are interesting developments. So it's between you and Pac now.

What has happen that makes Nolder seem more Townie?  His player review was complete and utter dogshit.

44 minutes ago, D P R said:

Me being crabby and pushy is ping worthy?  lol  Sure, grandpa.

6 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Andre has disappeared?  Fine.   How about commenting on what you said you would when he was still here. Or did he take his content with him?

No, he didn't. I just haven't had time to go back and read. But it'll be easy since JiF listed all of his posts, as soon as I have a minute, thanks.

2 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Yeah? They seem more townie of late? You know what doesn't seem more townie of late? You. 

I voted Pac because he used "Ampullea of Lorenzini" and besides watching too much shark week, he tends to lean toward the sarcastic when he's scum.

As far as Ape goes, he's got a boner with a laserbeam on it, aimed at straight at me. How the **** did you miss that?

You were the town MVP last game. You are playing a much, much different game now. 

1 minute ago, Leelou said:

How is my current vote opportunistic? 

Because you've been willing to lynch me all game, hence my earlier comment. Yet you have not provided any particular reason for it...

AVM is your boo - but I know your tells. That'd be a dandy reason to vote me off D1.

1 minute ago, Nynaeve said:

Me being crabby and pushy is ping worthy?  lol  Sure, grandpa.

You get confrontational when you're nervous. There would be no reason to be nervous on D1, unless...

What can I say.