Criminal Minds Mafia Game Thread

34 minutes ago, D P R said:

I'm intentionally not digging in on Nolder. I think it's a bit odd he hasn't posted more, but I don't know his schedule. I've already been very clear that my first vote on him was a joke, but that he's been edgy for no reason since.

Other than that, I figure he'll speak for himself without my "building a narrative" around him. 

So you want to hear more from him, but you're not going to ask him anything. I don't understand how asking him questions would be "building a narrative" around him. You've stated he doesn't look good but that there's more you need to hear about his reasoning. But if you don't ask him anything..... then what exactly do you expect to get? lol  Like... I don't get it.

10 minutes ago, Nynaeve said:

Did he really?  lol

It is true and it is a lol.  He evoked emo out of me for the first time in a long time.  

He really was genuinely pissing me off.

That said, he's lying like a mother ****er right now.  He was at L-1 with the hammer coming and Birdbrains unvoted him.  So "I wasnt getting anywhere" is blatant lie. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, JiF said:

Fair...but you turned admitted gut reads, to real reads, based off others interactions and I find that to be a poor strategy.  It's like your finding reasons to justify your gut yet on the other hand, you're talking about who your strategy is process of elimination.  That's not the look of process of elimination.  That's the look of finding something to fill your agenda or "gut". 

I guess.  It's a combination, because my PoE really did move the likes of Pac and Nolder toward the scum end.  So some confirmation bias is, naturally, going to seep in.

I might be willing to come off my "Pac or Nolder no matter what" thinking, especially given that no deadline has been set yet.

10 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I guess.  It's a combination, because my PoE really did move the likes of Pac and Nolder toward the scum end.  So some confirmation bias is, naturally, going to seep in.

I might be willing to come off my "Pac or Nolder no matter what" thinking, especially given that no deadline has been set yet.

You were full of sh*t before and now your overflowing with sh*t.  Pac didnt even post before you called him scum.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

K, we're done here.  I've explained myself to the best of my abilities.  It's like talking to a brick wall.

You're talking to me about PoE and voting for a player you found to be scum before he posted.  But I'm the brick wall...

13 minutes ago, JiF said:

What If I told you think your reasoning is weak?

I dont see anything your seeing when it comes to Nolderp.  I have no problem with him wanting AJ to take a stance and vote.  I had no problem with his defense.  I think that people are focusing on nothing.  Seems like a good place tobe  part of the crowd but nobody has anything concrete.  That's my take.  Could be wrong. 

I mean, you said yourself that AJ is an aggressive player, I could see why Nolderp thinking him sitting back waiting for a train to join is a concern...if that's his meta.  I really dont remember.  With that said, I find it interesting he let the Nolderp train build before voting on it.

Votes aren't the only way to take a stance. And AJ was saying his piece. Nolder was doing squat. Honestly? It was pretty early in the game and I wouldn't awfully mind it if people were still joking around in general... like I don't find it particularly worrisome or anything, but Nolder was FoSing AJ over "lack of involvement cause he wasn't voting" , which was not true cause AJ was giving his thoughts...... where's Nolder himself was... oh right... scratching his butt. Between someone who's giving impressions of players and reacting to what's going on... and someone who's sitting around throwing around joke votes.... I'll take the one who's being involved any day. So I find the whole FoS ridiculous.

Yes, AJ is typically more vocal in games on DM and tends to take more of a leader role. However, this isn't Kansas, toto. And considering I have sorta dialed it down myself as a new player here, I'm not gonna jump all over him for that. I don't think this is the community you want to kick down the door and try to tell everyone's what's what. And he's smart enough to know that as either alignment. So I don't think that's telling. PLUS.... that was never Nolder's point as he kept repeating... his problem was him not voting, and not his level of involvement, ie post count and general contributions. That's more of a point I made at the time.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Nynaeve said:

Votes aren't the only way to take a stance. And AJ was saying his piece. Nolder was doing squat. Honestly? It was pretty early in the game and I wouldn't awfully mind it if people were still joking around in general... like I don't find it particularly worrisome or anything, but Nolder was FoSing AJ over "lack of involvement cause he wasn't voting" , which was not true cause AJ was giving his thoughts...... where's Nolder himself was... oh right... scratching his butt. Between someone who's giving impressions of players and reacting to what's going on... and someone who's sitting around throwing around joke votes.... I'll take the one who's being involved any day. So I find the whole FoS ridiculous.

Yes, AJ is typically more vocal in games on DM and tends to take more of a leader role. However, this isn't Kansas, toto. And considering I have sorta dialed it down myself as a new player here, I'm not gonna jump all over him for that. I don't think this is the community you want to kick down the door and try to tell everyone's what's what. And he's smart enough to know that as either alignment. So I don't think that's telling. PLUS.... that was never Nolder's point as he kept repeating... his problem was him not voting, and not his level of involvement, ie post count and general contributions. That's more of a point I made at the time.

Fair.  I was taking what I was told as meta on AJ and seeing Nolderp's point about sitting back and waiting for a train to build as a pretty good point...if homey is really that aggressive.  I'm going to reread right around the post where Nolderp made that comment. 

As for the bold; We've seen that backfire numerous times around here.  Birdbrain was put in his place after thinking he was the smartest player in the room and was so embarrassed he never even posted again.  lol  I really dont remember AJ's play at all. That said, maybe he's settling in here...which is probably a smart thing.

Speaking of which, is Birdbrain ok?  Or was his ego just bruised?  I liked him. 

1 hour ago, Nynaeve said:

Smash/Crusher sammich?   Sounds yummy.

Lily and Lee need to talk more. I feel like I haven't seen them much. Though I know Lee is starting a new job today and so on. But still want her to get more involved <3

I'm sorry. Yesterday was busy. Today and tomorrow should be better. 

35 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Explain the POE used to vote Pac.

24 minutes ago, JiF said:

You were full of sh*t before and now your overflowing with sh*t.  Pac didnt even post before you called him scum.

I'm close to shifting to 80 as scum.   Guy has been on fire recently as town but he's starting to appear too clever by half.

1 minute ago, JiF said:

Fair.  I was taking what I was told as meta on AJ and seeing Nolderp's point about sitting back and waiting for a train to build as a pretty good point...if homey is really that aggressive.  I'm going to reread right around the post where Nolderp made that comment. 

As for the bold; We've seen that backfire numerous times around here.  Birdbrain was put in his place after thinking he was the smartest player in the room and was so embarrassed he never even posted again.  lol  I really dont remember AJ's play at all. That said, maybe he's settling in here...which is probably a smart thing.

Speaking of which, is Birdbrain ok?  Or was his ego just bruised?  I liked him. 

Nolder voted him on page 8. At that point both DPR and Ape had 3 votes on them. I think the DPR ones were mostly joke votes. I recall mine and Crusher being jokes anyhow. Not sure about Ape's. The Ape train, at the time, I think revolved around his claim and so forth.

lol   Ben's fine. He said he was like in two other games and couldn't play. Apparently he hails from a Pokemon based site. So I'm surprised he and Nol didn't hit it off.

10 minutes ago, Jetscode1 said:

Explain the POE used to vote Pac.

8 minutes ago, Jetscode1 said:

I'm close to shifting to 80 as scum.   Guy has been on fire recently as town but he's starting to appear too clever by half.

As I explained to JiF and the game at large several times, and am getting pretty tired of explaining, I wasn't getting scum vibes from any of the active players other than Nolder thru my "town calling" method.  Thus, Pac shifted to the scum end by default. 

Caught up now. 

I'm not used to seeing Ape tunnel like this. Not sure what to make of it but it's an observation. He usually spreads himself out more on D1.

Liking Nyn so far, but she can fool me easily. She goes in my town pile for now. 

In other words I have me, Ape, Andrej, Smash, JC, Nyn, Crusher, Leelou and Lily in my town/null pile right now.  That left DPR, JiF, Nolder, Pac.  Of those 4, 3 were active.  Of those 3, only Nolder was exhibiting truly scum behaviors in my eyes at the time.  So who, joining Nolder, does that leave as a "top 2"? 

On 7/19/2016 at 1:27 AM, Andrej The Giant said:

Hello again.

nice to be back on JN

On 7/19/2016 at 9:59 AM, Andrej The Giant said:

lol

On 7/19/2016 at 10:00 AM, Andrej The Giant said:

I was lying

On 7/19/2016 at 10:02 AM, Andrej The Giant said:

That's awkward.

what're the chances Ape pulls that as scum or town? The hoax would be up pretty quick as it were when there weren't multiple kills each Night - so is it safer to assume he's just generating content early on?

On 7/19/2016 at 10:16 AM, Andrej The Giant said:

You think he's more upset about not being a source of entertainment than his play getting shut down?

I would think it's the other way around 

On 7/19/2016 at 10:16 AM, Andrej The Giant said:

Hallia you're still perfect to me <3

On 7/19/2016 at 10:20 AM, Andrej The Giant said:

Heads or tails?

On 7/19/2016 at 10:28 AM, Andrej The Giant said:

LOL

On 7/19/2016 at 10:29 AM, Andrej The Giant said:

Ok.

And the entertainment factor is townie for Ape?

On 7/19/2016 at 11:12 AM, Andrej The Giant said:

Hi Nyn

23 hours ago, Andrej The Giant said:

I'll buy Ape's explanation.

23 hours ago, Nynaeve said:

Swell. Any other thoughts mayhaps?

23 hours ago, Andrej The Giant said:

Not a ton.

I was a little sketched out by 80 earlier because we reached the same conclusion for seemingly different reasons but I think that was just a misunderstanding and we were more or less saying the same. Entertainment/gambit, etc. I agree though that Ape's intent is way more townie in utilization than otherwise.

JC's principal thing is meh. He's pretty straight forward as a player from my experience so I would probably leave it at null and see where he goes with it.

You seem okay thus far ;)

22 hours ago, Nolder said:

I'm caught up.

Unvote Vote AJ

Get in the game scrub.

Here's all of AJ's contribution prior to the "get in the game scrub" comment that everyone is focused on with Nolderp.  Pretty much a bunch of nothing from my perspective.  So much so that Nyn even asked him for more thoughts at one point.  Which I do find interesting considering she's been pretty centered around this interaction.

So, again, I see no issues with the comment from Nolderp and then everyone swarmed like bees to honey.

20 hours ago, D P R said:

Terrible.

But even more terrible.

Unvote Nolder Vote Pac (I'm on a phone and can't bold). We're on the Reveal Express.

FOS everyone still talking about the C9++ setup even though we're not playing it. 

Explain this vote on Pac.

59 minutes ago, D P R said:

I'm at a complete loss as to what narrative I'm creating - I've intentionally not created any scenarios given last game. What I have done is note plays that I know I'll want to come back to look at later and offer that perspective to the town. 

And I'v never played with AJ before - he did just genuinely strike me as someone looking at Nolder with a WTF expression on his face. 

I haven't made any plays or painted any narratives. If you disagree, point 'em out. I have a meeting in a few, but I'll be back to discuss in a bit. 

I don't know if you are reaction testing or really trying to push a case. So far, you've pulled the SK number and built a narrative around me. If you have an example of me pushing a narrative, by all means, point it out.

Trying to parse metaphors vs. narratives is just dumb.

I haven't even poo-poo'd - I've just noted what people have done and said, being clear about it. Nolder is acting like a freak. Pac is stating the obvious and calling it insight. I'm noting any other pings I see, but not spinning them at all. If you see different, point it out. 

Trying to "buddy-up" to JC because he killed me last game and building a narrative with no examples, plain and simple. 

Creating a narrative is accomplished using votes as well as eloquent wording...you bandwagoned some pretty sloppy votes on Pac to suggest he swing.

You also painted a picture of Nolder as a freak and AJ as a straight shooter so far when you concede you haven't played with (doubtful) him and we have no intel to make that determination.  

Yes, IMO you've created a narrative.

22 hours ago, Nynaeve said:

To be fair, AJ feels a bit scaled down for him. Could be something, could be nothing. It is a different forum and so on. But Nolder pointing it out, specifically, is pretty funny.

21 hours ago, Nolder said:

Exactly. He's hanging back and not voting. Waiting for somet000000000000000000000000000000000000

Ok I'm not goiung to fix this post as you can see I fell asleep while typing it and it keeps happening I'm going to sleep for a bit,

21 hours ago, Nynaeve said:

>.>

21 hours ago, Nynaeve said:

I'm like 2 hours and 17 minutes away from Wednsday. Just sayin'.

Interesting.  Nyn semi-supports Nolderp but then gives him a threat. 

11 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

As I explained to JiF and the game at large several times, and am getting pretty tired of explaining, I wasn't getting scum vibes from any of the active players other than Nolder thru my "town calling" method.  Thus, Pac shifted to the scum end by default. 

Unvote, vote 80.

21 hours ago, Andrej The Giant said:

Being my second game here I think it's reasonable for me not to be super aggressive. I don't feel I've been hanging back though. I have given my opinion on the more important events and interacted with a few people.

most of the votes are jokes from what I can tell, which I don't have any context or history with.

i have made reads on several players.

So who should I be voting right now @Nolder ?

21 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

the dogs do all the work so its dogs with US troops

I'm going to unvote the APE I believe his explanation that he was trying to ball it up and I don't believe he would do this as Scum certainly not this early.

vote Nolder he's offered absolutely nothing to this game then bashes others claiming they offer nothing.

This is just for the lulz but you have to laugh at Smash saying that Nolderp has offered nothing....you know, the guy who's basically not playing on D1...again.

Here's Nolder's posts leading up to his vote.

On 7/19/2016 at 7:08 AM, Nolder said:

Vote Smash

@Smashmouth REVEAL, REPENT, AND RECANT YOU MURDEROUS SWINE!

Why does the army need a vet?

Unvote Vote DPR

The post doesn't have all caps, you're a lying liar that lies and need to hang.

This level of emo deserves it's own Lifetime special.

Call me crazy but those look like US troops with dogs.

So if it's either of the two setups where there's a roleblocker Ape pretty much ****ed his own plan from the start?

Will you have snake anti venom?

Oh...well so much for that lol.

Is Pac actually in this game?

I thought it was a joke but people keep talking about him.

Lame.

If you'd already decided to side with town maybe. Anyway you're right it's a discussion for later.

TFJTAL.jpg

I'm caught up.

Unvote Vote AJ

Get in the game scrub.

Pot meet kettle?  If Nolder is gonna pull a FoS out of his ass on page 8 for AJ not voting, even though he gave his impressions, he should PROBABLY bother to make some game contribution himself beforehand. Otherwise it just comes across the way it did.... stupid.

4 minutes ago, JiF said:

Interesting.  Nyn semi-supports Nolderp but then gives him a threat. 

I never supported Nolder at any point. His FoS for AJ not voting was DUMB. I'm allowed to have my independent impression on AJ separate from that and I can tell you it had nothing to do with AJ not voting up until that point.

Being my second game here I think it's reasonable for me not to be super aggressive. I don't feel I've been hanging back though. I have given my opinion on the more important events and interacted with a few people.

most of the votes are jokes from what I can tell, which I don't have any context or history with.

i have made reads on several players.

So who should I be voting right now @Nolder ?

vote Nolder he's offered absolutely nothing to this game then bashes others claiming they offer nothing.

I don't hate this.

That sh*t was pretty funny 

20 hours ago, Nolder said:

AJ I don't care who you vote. It just strikes me as cautious to be so engaged with the game and not vote at all, even a joke vote.

Town has no need to be cautious right out the gate.

20 hours ago, Andrej The Giant said:

That's a cop out.

Engaging or not in joke voting means nothing. You should probably know that.

Then make a serious vote, I don't care. The point stands that you are here and engaged but cautiously holding your vote unnecessarily.

20 hours ago, Nynaeve said:

Unvote

Vote Nolderp

Nolder

Its a day early but you're making mountains of molehills when I have otherwise been pretty forthcoming

I didn't make a mountain out of anything. I made a vote and others decided to grill me about it. I am just responding.

So your argument is that I should throw my vote around even if I don't think there's something worth voting, and because I'm not that I'm playing cautious?

I ask again. Up to this point what was worth me voting on and for what reason iyo?

IDC about joke votes, that's null.

That's up to you not me. I'm not playing your game for you.

That doesn't mean we're not reading the same thread. Stop ducking the question

You just read up. Besides me - what else stood out to you?

idk I pointed out something I thought was pretty obvious and threw a vote on him to emphasize my point and everyone went nutso.

I can share DM meta. He's a very logical player. Observant. Smart. Great asset as town, dangerous  as scum because his game is just as clean. Overall a sneaky bastard. And he's reasonably hot.

I didn't duck the question I'm not spoon feeding you something you can latch on to and say there I voted and it's Nolder's fault if they're town.

Make your own cases and stand or fall by them.

and i pointed out that he's had as many posts as you did and more game related content.... and then you went to sleep. :P   Cut the crap, Nol.

I think you're missing the point. It's not about post count or "game related content" it was that he wasn't voting.

No I'm not missing the point. He gave some initial thoughts and took a part in the discussion revolving Ape. You came in, did some joke votes and spent more time talking about none game related stuff.... and you want to tell me you find AJ suspicious because he didn't vote anyone? joke vote or otherwise?  Try again.

10 minutes ago, JiF said:

Here's all of AJ's contribution prior to the "get in the game scrub" comment that everyone is focused on with Nolderp.  Pretty much a bunch of nothing from my perspective.  So much so that Nyn even asked him for more thoughts at one point.  Which I do find interesting considering she's been pretty centered around this interaction.

So, again, I see no issues with the comment from Nolderp and then everyone swarmed like bees to honey.

Yes, I asked AJ to give more thoughts. And he gave them. I asked several players to give more thoughts. If you recall, I also asked Nolder and gave no response.

17 minutes ago, Lily said:

Caught up now. 

I'm not used to seeing Ape tunnel like this. Not sure what to make of it but it's an observation. He usually spreads himself out more on D1.

Liking Nyn so far, but she can fool me easily. She goes in my town pile for now. 

I need more from you. 

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, The Crusher said:

unvote vote nolder

15 hours ago, Jetscode1 said:

Unvote

Anyone have a VC?

15 hours ago, Hallia said:

OFFICIAL VOTE COUNT:

DPR (1): Ape

Nolder (5):  Smash, Nyn, AJ, Lily, Crusher

JC(1): Leelou

AJ(1): Nolder

JiF(1): Pac

Pac(3): JiF, 80, DPR

Not Voting: JC

Crusher put Nol at L-1 - me no likey

JC unvoted - me likely

14 hours ago, Pac said:

Just re-read to find a reason to vote 80 and unfortunately there isn't one.  So far the stupid Ape has predictably tried to make the game revolve around him which blew up in his face, and a lot of nonsense being spewed.

Klecko should be jettisoned from the thread as his ramblings are distracting from my ability to make my incredible reads.

I really do like my gut read on JiF.  His early game has been indicative of someone trying to be loud without saying sh-t.

After me doing a reread...if this is Pac's recap, he didnt reread.  At all.  

lol

7 minutes ago, JiF said:

Interesting view sweet one.  You are looking at it in a vacuum.  Looking at the Giants first few posts in what is his second(?) Game here and then judging Nolders reavtion based on just that . Can't speak for anyone else but Noldets Posts after that I felt were disjointed and all over the place . Like he was doing whippets between posts.  That being said his explanation and defense he gave me read well, but after last game I'm trying to be a little more disconcerting with defenses.  Got roased last game by DPR andAVM.  Now I did state a concern Nolder was getting ganged up on but representing his train being built on nothing but what you posted is partial poo poo.  Up to the point in the game I voted him he was my best for scum.  Haven't seen much today from him but I'm only up to the point of this post I quoted.  I do like what I'm seeing from you the "hunt"but you are imposing your will little more than searching for answers. Kinda sexy and macho but little ripple in the force there.

Still got reading to do before I comment more.  Booked solid this afternoon so after 230 I will be scarce till night.