Bryce Petty vows to "Favre it"

Integrity28

9 hours ago, Bleedin Green said:

Absolutely this.  Geno is costing them next to nothing and is the only other guy at the position besides Fitz with even the slightest bit of experience.  The Jets have very little incentive to send him packing beyond the personal dislike many fans have for him.  He's on the last year of his deal and it would take a near miracle for him to be here beyond that, but that doesn't dismiss the value he provides as a backup.  If Petty continues to look good, that's reason enough to carry 4 QBs and gives the team the real option of next offseason's plan being to find one veteran in FA and let there be an open competition.

Whether we like it or not, when final cutdowns come, it's a pretty safe assumption that the Jets will value a #2 QB over a bottom of the depth chart guy at another position.  The only thing that could change that would be a legit trade offer (not going to happen) and/or Petty significantly outperforming Geno throughout the entirety of camp and preseason.

geno IS a Body that counts against the Final 53... if we are able to fill his spot with an impact player, regardless of position, he should be replaced.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Playing with scrubs yes he didnt look that good and Fitzpatrick playing with the starters looked worse!

He looked a little shaky no doubt maybe it reminded him of times with Clyde Gates and David Nelson.

Nah, still not good enough, try it again.

Third time's the charm.

You HATE Geno and will make any excuse to validate that claim 

Wrong, I don't HATE Geno or any Jet. I prefer Fitz as our starter, the entire team looks to him as a leader. You can't say the same for Geno. However, I also feel that Geno never did get a chance to play with all this talent around him so he's an unknown. For all we know he may be a much better QB than Fitz, but its too late for that, the horse has already left the barn. I think at some point this season we will need him to step up, so I just hope he keeps working and is ready to help us win when that time comes.

15 minutes ago, Rexorcism said:

Wrong, I don't HATE Geno or any Jet. I prefer Fitz as our starter, the entire team looks to him as a leader. You can't say the same for Geno. However, I also feel that Geno never did get a chance to play with all this talent around him so he's an unknown. For all we know he may be a much better QB than Fitz, but its too late for that, the horse has already left the barn. I think at some point this season we will need him to step up, so I just hope he keeps working and is ready to help us win when that time comes.

Fitzpatrick is the starter yes Go Fitz!!  Its all about winning games Geno shoulda coulda woulda syndrome is for arguments sake nothing more until he gets his chance with the #1 offense here if that day ever comes in the meantime lets win a damn Super Bowl been way too long.......

23 hours ago, Lizard King said:

Im sorry but, Petty sucks.

Troll bait ignored by everyone.

15 minutes ago, Lizard King said:

Petty was getting dominated by guys who won't be in the league in three weeks. Next. 

Makes bait extra stinky and tries again .

10 minutes ago, GandWFan said:

Haha.  Dominated.  Yup, that's it.  Dominated.  As in 30 yard darts.  LOL.  You are a funny guy.

Little bit of a nibble.  

23 hours ago, peekskill68 said:

Not sure I agree with this.  We have a 30+ year old starting RB, a LT who is coming back from a major injury, a RT on the PUP, a 30+ CB coming back from wrist surgery, a Pro Bowl D-lineman coming back from a broken leg, and a number of young WR's who showed alot of promise last night.  What roster spot are you giving up to carry the 4th QB?

Bohanon, or Davis, or both.

Davis caught 3 passes on 11 targets, and his blocking was terrible. Igalana could do better than that. 

11 catches for Bohanon and he is not a good blocker either. We can make do without a FB.

We don't need to waste roster spots on these positions. Even worse is that they take up spots on the game day roster. We could dress an extra 2 special teams players if we lose these two guys.  

21 hours ago, bitonti said:

the Jets should trade Geno Smith to the waiver wire for an empty roster spot.

Expect they will hang onto Smith until final cut  in hopes some team with a QB injury/issue with give them a 6 or 7 in  future draft. 

Archived