Film review: Preseason game vs Jags

joerb31

Great thread Joe. I figured I'll do my Gif dump here since you already created a review thread. No need to make multiple threads. 

Robbie Anderson: 

Though these arent completed passes, you can see the ability for sure. 

This is a great catch even with the push out.

Anderson%201.gif

If Bryce places this a bit more to the outside Anderson would have had a chance to make this a catch. Anderson was still able to convert this into a defensive pass interference call. 

Anderson%202.gif

Anderson%203.gif

This is exactly what I expect to see from Darron Lee this season, the A-gap blitz. 

Darron%20Lee%201.gif

Couple TFL's for Lee

Darron%20Lee%203.gif

Darron%20Lee%202.gif

Though he missed this tackle, nice to see Lee get through the trash for another potential TFL. Though he missed the tacke, he most certainly blew up the play. I think Lee ended with 4 tackles, 1 sack and 2 TFL. Not bad for a tiny linebacker.

Darron%20Lee%204.gif

Another guy with no catches but showed some great route running. Jace Amaro. One is an overthrow and the other a late pass off target. Amaro completely loses the defenders.

Amaro%201.gif

Geno%201.gif

Enunwa had a nice game 1. Beat the zone back-to-back with the same play. Nice floaters over the defenders by Fitz. 

Enunwa%201_1.gif

Enunwa%202_1.gif

Big Cat is a beast. Look at the hand technique to get this sack. The guy is much more than just "power". I should have made some more Gifs of Leo because he was owning the Oline for much of his time on the field. 

Leonard%20Williams.gif

This is going to come down to the FO having to make a tough decision when it comes to Jalin Marshall and Jeremy Ross. Both had good nights, though I'd give the slight edge (very slight) to Ross given that he was better in the passing game. Marshall had two drops on the night. Both did great on KR duties. 

Marshall. 

KR%20return%202.gif

Ross. 

KR%20return%201.gif

Ross%202.gif

Ross%201.gif

Charone Peake had a nice night. 

Peake%202.gif

Peake%201.gif

Bryce had a solid night. 

Petty%201_1.gif\

Rontez Miles was solid all night. Big hitter. 

Rontez%20Miles%201.gif

Thanks guys! I will be looking into getting the GIF machine thing to make it a little more clear for you guys (and easier). Jetsons I also realized that but most double team blocks two guys don't stay on the guy the entire time (unless it's Watt) but that's still considered a double team

@joerb31

The first film review was a screen pass... they let Williams through the doubleteam... its designed that way...

The second thing I noticed was Amaro seems to slow up when he turns his head back... almost like he expected the ball to be short and then it sails long.  After seeing it in slo-mo I think it was a perfect pass by Petty and Amaro misplayed it. When I saw it live I completely thought it was on Petty... Not sure if Amaro is gonna bring value to this team...

13 hours ago, Skeptable said:

@joerb31

The first film review was a screen pass... they let Williams through the doubleteam... its designed that way...

The second thing I noticed was Amaro seems to slow up when he turns his head back... almost like he expected the ball to be short and then it sails long.  After seeing it in slo-mo I think it was a perfect pass by Petty and Amaro misplayed it. When I saw it live I completely thought it was on Petty... Not sure if Amaro is gonna bring value to this team...

I understand that it was a screen play. But as you just said yourself it was still a double team. Next time I'll be sure to be very technical and mention it was but wasn't a double team ??.... And because of one pass your not sure about Amaro? So all of the progress he has made through the offseason means nothing now. Keep sleeping on Jace but I think that's a mistake

Thank you guys for all of the compliments I appreciate it. Please if you like some of the film work I put up in the forums, then give my podcast a listen! Same type of thing just breaking down this games/matchups/storylines etc. through audio! Here is the link from Tuesday's episode where we covered the Jets/Jags preseason game in a lot of depth (easier to share more thorough opinions on the show) http://www.blogtalkradio.com/jetnation/2016/08/17/jetnation-radio-preseason-game-vs-the-jaguars. It's Tuesday nights at 8 so if you ever want to call in the number is 646-716-4697. Let me know what you think!

Archived