Jets Waiver Wire Additions Thread

32EBoozer

Claimed Pats DB

6'. Sounds like good ST player. 

https://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/patriots/2016/06/08/comebacking-darryl-roberts-turns-heads-patriots-camp/6O4YEUAHxoqVsUauQVj4RM/story.html

PICK ANALYSIS:

The Patriots find an excellent athlete who put up explosive numbers at his pro day (4.38 40, 1.48 10-Yd, 39 VJ). He'll need considerable technique work but he's a low risk pick with some upside down the line. --Mark Dulgerian

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Jetsfanri said:

But we already bought her some jewelry (guaranteed and not coming back to us) , so we if the new chicks we are with now get sick, we can have some mid season insurance if we need some. 

I guess.  Just hope the Jets don't pass on the next slightly less hot chick now though cause Milliner is waiting.  The new chick may not be as hot, but could actually cook, clean and be active in bed.

19 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

Unless we hope, in some magical world, that Milliner will eventually have some trade value, why keep him on?

The Jets will likely try to come to an injury settlement to cut his cap number. It would be amenable to Milliner bc his other option would be to sit on IR all season with not having a season ending injury. 

4 minutes ago, choon328 said:

The Jets will likely try to come to an injury settlement to cut his cap number. It would be amenable to Milliner bc his other option would be to sit on IR all season with not having a season ending injury. 

Great thought... Milliner is a FA next year with very little game tape due to injury.

He might take a deal (70% of pay) if another team  would sign him to make up the difference and get him on the roster.

Then he can try and build his value for 2nd contract

By claiming four players, the Jets will now need to free up four roster spots to make room for said players. This could spell trouble for running back Dominique Williams, tight ends Kellen Davis and Brandon Bostick, along with cornerback Dexter McDougle.

Some background on the claimed players: 

Braedon Bowman (TE)— An undrafted rookie out of South Alabama, Bowman caught three passes for 32 yards with Jacksonville this preseason. Two of those grabs and 28 of those yards game against the Jets in the preseason opener. Bowman stands 6-4 and weighs 244 pounds. 

Brian Parker (TE) — Parker, now in his second year, signed with the Chiefs last season as an undrafted free agent out of Albany. He appeared in one game last season and caught one pass for four yards. In the preseason this year, Parker caught two passes for 20 yards. He stands 6-4 and weighs 265 pounds. 

Troymaine Pope (RB)— Pope signed with the Seahawks as an undrafted free agent out of Jacksonville State this year. He instantly became a fan favorite. He went from working in a factory, to fighting for his NFL life. At 5-10 and 207 pounds, Pope isn't the biggest runner, but was one of the Seahawks' top performers in the preseason. He ran for 162 yards on 16 carries (6.8 average) and caught one pass for 16 yards. He has some value as a kick returner, too. He averaged 27.5 yards per kick return on six attempts this preseason. 

Nothing official yet, but looking likely that UDFA CB Bryson Keeton (cut Saturday by Jets) will be added to their practice squad, per source

http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/2016/09/jets_claim_4_players_off_waiver_wire_including_two.html

FWIW, I like Darryl Roberts a lot.  One of 3 Patriots cuts that caused angst among the fanbase (and, not coincidentally, all 3 were claimed by other teams).  Roberts looked to me like a #4 or #5 CB right now, with upside in an absolute best case scenario as a #2.  Injuries are an issue, however.  Still a worthwhile pickup for the Jets IMO. 

3 minutes ago, AFCEastFan said:

FWIW, I like Darryl Roberts a lot.  One of 3 Patriots cuts that caused angst among the fanbase (and, not coincidentally, all 3 were claimed by other teams).  Roberts looked to me like a #4 or #5 CB right now, with upside in an absolute best case scenario as a #2.  Injuries are an issue, however.  Still a worthwhile pickup for the Jets IMO. 

Good info.... thanks

Now BEAT IT!!:P

5 minutes ago, NYs Stepchild said:

Parker apparently a very good blocker, and Bowman can play H back and Full Back. 

Looks like Bowles saw Bostick's tweet about doubting him, and said oh cut this guy please. Also Housewares keeping could be a two for one deal. 

Can you explain those last 2 points.

Unaware of the 1st and not understanding the second point

29 minutes ago, Pcola said:

Don't think Watts is eligible.  He has more than 2 years of experience.

G Craig Watts () signing with practice squad, per source.

I'm guessing this season does not count as the 3rd season yet so he still has only 2 seasons of experience. I'm very happy to hear this one, I think he is a very good Guard prospect.

Just now, 32EBoozer said:

Can you explain those last 2 points.

Unaware of the 1st and not understanding the second point

Bostick tweeted "Do not doubt me"

I gave Housewares the nickname from that thread asking why we were howsare keeping. Bowman is a TE/FB tweener who may take the place of Bostick, and Housewares. I think we can sneak him back on the PS though. 

19 minutes ago, ARodJetsFan said:

I'm guessing this season does not count as the 3rd season yet so he still has only 2 seasons of experience. I'm very happy to hear this one, I think he is a very good Guard prospect.

I believe a team can have 2 players on their PS that surpass the normal PS qualifications. Not completely  sure. 

1 hour ago, ARodJetsFan said:

Great find!  Probably the only way Dozier made it and he didn't.

It does look like in terms of drafting and signing FAs that this FO is not strong on the O-line. Although trading for Clady could end up being a good deal. But we don't have numbers at those positions and usually you need a lot of depth and NFL caliber players. That was a weakness too of Tannenbaum speaking of whom Vlad was cut yesterday by the Ravens. I know he's been with a few teams including the Bears. 

1 hour ago, Rangers9 said:

It does look like in terms of drafting and signing FAs that this FO is not strong on the O-line. Although trading for Clady could end up being a good deal. But we don't have numbers at those positions and usually you need a lot of depth and NFL caliber players. That was a weakness too of Tannenbaum  fail to address the OL with  of whom Vlad was cut yesterday by the Ravens. I know he's been with a few teams includi ang the Bears. 

I find it baffling to have drafted 2 young QB'S in back to back years and you fail to a dress the aging OL and the lack of talent on the right side?

4 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

I find it baffling to have drafted 2 young QB'S in back to back years and you fail to a dress the aging OL and the lack of talent on the right side?

You may not like them but for the moment it seems the FO & CS like Qvale, Shell, Winters, Dozier, & Watts potential. 

8 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

Don't know if you ever heard, but on draft day most teams usually take the best player available regardless of position .We did try to steal the tackle from Ole Miss in that last draft .

Archived