1st ever Jets / Bengals game was Dec 1968, 3 player caught TD passes for Jets, name them

Sarge4Tide

Who Scored?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Which 3 Jet players caught TD passes in the Jets 1st ever meeting vs Bengals (Dec 1968)? (Please select 3 players)

• Eddie Bell
    • Emerson Boozer
    • Pete Lammons
    • Bill Mathis
    • Don Maynard
    • Bill Rademacher
    • George Sauer
    • Mark Smolinski
    • Matt Snell
    • Bake Turner

1 minute ago, nyjunc said:

I am going to guess rather than look it up(if you want to post any 80s-current trivia questions I'd be pretty good :D)

I will guess Maynard, Sauer and Lammons.

Be sure to vote in the poll.  I'll make an 80s trivia question for Game 2

7 minutes ago, Savage69 said:

Namath only threw 2 of them to Maynard and Sauer It was the Babe that threw the other one to the lone vote so far..

Babe Laufenberg?:lol:

(just kidding, I know it would have been Parilli)

Did Namath get hurt that day?

27 minutes ago, greenwave81 said:

If the game was on TV, I probably watched it lol.  Then again, I can't remember what I had for breakfast this morning and when that game occurred I was 10.

Good times.

In those days, homes were blackedout in the local market. This would not have been on tv in the nyc area.

5 minutes ago, JetsFanatic said:

In those days, homes were blackedout in the local market. This would not have been on tv in the nyc area.

I couldn't remember!  Since I was in Smithtown, I guess it was blacked out.

The first game I REMEMBER watching was the Heidi game...then the '68 playoffs and SB.

And people wonder why I'm a Jets fan...as I said, good times.

No, I'm only 30. Ask me about fumbles, interceptions or the time I ruined thanksgiving.

Edit: Just realized this is about the Bengals. I knocked on every suite door and tried getting in during the last game ever at Giants stadium, that sent us to the playoffs. sh*t was cold as **** and I was wearing a Jets bathrobe on top of my 8 other Jets layers. I got some chick to let me in that worked there after convincing her I was part of the party. I walked in and it was for air force personnel in uniform. I lasted for about 10 minutes, got some food but somehow they caught onto my outfit. Security did let me stay for the end though after a laugh and a promise to go back to my seat

Archived