Josh McCown shoulder injury-Time is ripe to trade Geno

sheastadiumjetfan

1 minute ago, Rangers9 said:

This just shows that some of you guys will never admit you're wrong. Fitz: 18 starts every one but the Oakland game we were in a position to win. That TD the one Geno played in. We lost to the Bengals because Folk missed two easy kicks. Geno is not in the equation unless Fitz gets injured and maybe not even then. Give it up. 

Most teams are in a position to win most games.  That means nothing.  Wins do.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Paradis said:

This place has more "know-it-alls" than my 6 year olds grade 1 class. I prefer to read, but when I do post -- it's usually inspired by negligence. 

Also, I need help. 

Pot to kettle: "Black"

You, yourself,  might just be one of those bolded above.

Pot to kettle: "Black"

You, yourself,  might just be one of those bolded above.

I realized I left myself open to that pot shot, but here's the difference. I'm not telling anyone "how it is". I'm not making declarative statements or pretending to know the answers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5 minutes ago, Paradis said:

I realized I left myself open to that pot shot, but here's the difference. I'm not telling anyone "how it is". I'm not making declarative statements or pretending to know the answers.

B.S.  Below is as declarative a sentence as anyone will see in these parts, telling us how it is (or would be) under that condition..  Even if they thought highly of Petty, there might still be reasons to retain Geno for this season. 

If they thought that much of Petty, Geno would be gone. 

You're no different at all, not even one little bit, as those you criticized in this thread.

29 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

Most teams are in a position to win most games.  That means nothing.  Wins do.

Yeah, he has 11. And most teams are not in a position to win every single game. The way we weren't against Oakland. Geno isn't even an after thought with the Jets and other teams. There is no way he starts for the Jets other than injury. Your hypothesis is incredible. 

You're no different at all, not even one little bit, as those you criticized in this thread.

Eff that. You know what I mean. You wanna cherry pick sentences, then have at 'er. I look at what the reality is presently and try to remind myself as often as possible that this is a business and people operate as employees - as often as I can.

15 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

Yeah, he has 11. And most teams are not in a position to win every single game. The way we weren't against Oakland. Geno isn't even an after thought with the Jets and other teams. There is no way he starts for the Jets other than injury. Your hypothesis is incredible. 

Nothing has changed over the first two weeks.  Fitz still loses to good teams and beats lower teams.

The beautiful thing now is that there is an amazing opportunity to change that track record.  4 games in a row vs top 12 (according to power rankings) teams.  

Get one win and it's probably just luck.  Hopefully roll with Geno or Petty.

Get two or more wins and he can end that argument against him.  The team is his.

Get zero wins?  Sit on the bench and be quiet counting his 12mil.  Maybe even do some stand up comedy when asked to.

21 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

Nothing has changed over the first two weeks.  Fitz still loses to good teams and beats lower teams.

The beautiful thing now is that there is an amazing opportunity to change that track record.  4 games in a row vs top 12 (according to power rankings) teams.  

Get one win and it's probably just luck.  Hopefully roll with Geno or Petty.

Get two or more wins and he can end that argument against him.  The team is his.

Get zero wins?  Sit on the bench and be quiet counting his 12mil.  Maybe even do some stand up comedy when asked to.

Sorry Fitz isn't on a game to game basis and Geno isn't an option. 

1 hour ago, Saul Goodman said:

Yet, you are hanging onto the dreams of Geno because he has...?

You're a Geno fanboy. Get off his jock and start rooting for the players that will be here and are part of the future plans of the team. 

What part of "I don't like Geno" makes me a fanboy again? 

3 hours ago, Paradis said:

Straight from the mouth of Macc? Not sure what the fkc this has to do with who our back up is RIGHT NOW.  

This franchise is going to clean their hands of these guys if they're not ready to step up next year. Pencliling in the future as Hack and Petty is not only naive, but also gloomy. How about you hire some muppet in your workplace, have your job hang on how that muppet does in the workplace -- then tell your boss, no YOU don't get it. This guy is the future.

Lol ... Which muppet ?

2 hours ago, Mike135 said:

Simply, you don't trade your young backup QB right before the "put up or shut up" portion of the schedule for your veteran (old) QB.  

Games 1 and 2 have followed the typical Fitz storyline.  Lost to a good team.  Beat below average team.  We now face 4 better teams (is Seattle still considered good?).  

If Fitz doesn't get a couple wins over this stretch, Geno may be our best option.  Trading him makes no sense at all.  

After this 4 week stretch is over, it may then be time to make a QB available.  Which one that should be will be determined soon enough.

Geno is never "our best option" ... At least if winning football games is the desired result

2 hours ago, Paradis said:

Who the hell is my hero? I don't like geno. I don't like petty. I don't like hack or Fitz really. but they are all our crosses to bear.

Lolololololol ... Do you like yourself?

1 hour ago, HighPitch said:

Man paradis is taking sh*t here.  Like he planted bombs l over ny and nj. 

He really didnt say anything so controversial lighten up fellas

Not sure what the fkc this has to do with who our back up is RIGHT NOW.  

How about you hire some muppet in your workplace, have your job hang on how that

You keep Geno because:

1. you think he is much better as a #2 then Petty

2. Petty is still hurt.

3. You think you can trade him later.

You do NOT keep him (take the cap hit) and waste the roster spot  for the slim chance you get a comp. pick for him. The value of the comp pick (and odds of getting one) are not worth the cost of the cap hit and the roster spot. Penny wise - Dollar foolish.

6 minutes ago, Warfish said:

We know exactly what the Rooting-For-An-Injury crowd mean.

Fitz hasn't needed injuries to lose to good teams.  

And that's the thing.  If Fitz beats good teams, there will be no one here doubting him.  We all hope he can.  Some either don't realize he hasn't or don't care he can't beat good teams, but no one roots for injuries.  

He's a great guy.  Just absolutely useless vs good teams.

C'mon Fitz, prove: me, us, any other doubters and the numbers wrong!  Win 2 of the next 4!  Please.  Sooooo tired of having a useless QB.

On 9/18/2016 at 9:19 PM, sheastadiumjetfan said:

Can we finally trade Geno for a Browns draft pick?

We've got some leverage.

we've got Petty waiting in the wings.

Cleveland is desperate.

Maybe  4th/5th Rounder to make this trade.

Mac can make this happen.....

Why would cleveland trade?  They aren't making the playoffs and getting the #1 pick probably sounds good right about now.

23 hours ago, SAR I said:

We just want Geno Smith off the roster so bad we'll go to any lengths or invent any trade scenario possible to make it happen.

Hey, what about GoFundMe?

$1,597,146 divided by 82,500 fans is $19.36

If we set this up properly and have wives and kids crawl the parking lots and gates at MetLife Stadium, I'd bet we can buy out Geno's contract ourselves.  You in?

SAR I

INNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

Archived