Bowles & Macc can't fool Jet fans anymore

Jetster

Jets will do what the Jets will always do. They're going to win just enough meaningless games to miss the playoffs but also to have a draft pick to low to draft a QB. 

I can honestly say our season is over, and I'm not that negative type of guy. The KC game stole my confidence in Fitz. The Seattle game stole my trust in Bowles. If any of you think Mac is the problem, you are wrong. Mac deserves to hire his own man is what I'm saying. 

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Big Blocker said:

But Lynch is ready NOW.  Of course it is true for him as for all rookie/new Qb's that you want to see if opposing DC's, after seeing film of him, come up with ways to defend him that expose limitations in his game.  Bu for now he's looking pretty good based on the available evidence.  Let's put it this way - knowing what we know now, only a fool would have picked Hackenberg instead of getting Lynch in the first round.

Again that is irrelevant.  If somehow Fitz got hurt then Geno and Petty as well, and we had no choice but to start Hack, you have no idea how he would do.  Lynch would be firmly on the bench if Simian didn't get injured so I a have no interest in playing Monday morning quarterback.    I think Darron Lee will develop into a pro bowl caliber linebacker and I have confidence that Hack can regain his form.  I know we as a franchise have no patience but I am can okay with red-shirting him this year.    I would have had no issue with going into this season with Geno or Petty as the starter.  

4 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

worst pre season performance in history ?? Are you fcuking serious ? We threw a kid out there in preseason with nearly zero reps in training camp and he lead a fe nice drives and also showed his lack of work hurt him as well yet it was the worst in history ?? Please stop with this bullsh*t its getting ridiculous

It is truly unbelievable with some of these guys.... smdh.  

15 minutes ago, JetBlue said:

Again that is irrelevant.  If somehow Fitz got hurt then Geno and Petty as well, and we had no choice but to start Hack, you have no idea how he would do.  Lynch would be firmly on the bench if Simian didn't get injured so I a have no interest in playing Monday morning quarterback.    I think Darron Lee will develop into a pro bowl caliber linebacker and I have confidence that Hack can regain his form.  I know we as a franchise have no patience but I am can okay with red-shirting him this year.    I would have had no issue with going into this season with Geno or Petty as the starter.  

What Hack turns out to be is merely a hope at this point.  The main point is ONLY A FOOL would if you could choose today pick Lee and Hackenberg over Lynch and some decent second round pick.  Denver picked Lynch, trading up to get him, after the Jets passed on him.  Says here Denver made the right choice no matter what happens with Hack.  Why?  Because running a team is about following a strategy that makes it more likely to succeed, not depending on an unlikely outcome to bail you out.

At this point it is MORE likely that Lynch will succeed than that Hackenberg will.

6 minutes ago, Big Blocker said:

What Hack turns out to be is merely a hope at this point.  The main point is ONLY A FOOL would if you could choose today pick Lee and Hackenberg over Lynch and some decent second round pick.  Denver picked Lynch, trading up to get him, after the Jets passed on him.  Says here Denver made the right choice no matter what happens with Hack.  Why?  Because running a team is about following a strategy that makes it more likely to succeed, not depending on an unlikely outcome to bail you out.

At this point it is MORE likely that Lynch will succeed than that Hackenberg will.

Okay that is your opinion.  Only a FOOL would continue to harp on something that is already done.  

17 hours ago, ASH1962 said:

I left at 14-3 and went to the gym. I told you guys this was going to happen. From the first quarter and a half that I saw this was no contest at all. We were absolutely overmatched at every position in every facet.

Where was ASJ today? I think this CS is handicapped I really do. The Seahawks signed CJ spiller yesterday or Thursday whatever the f**k and he played really well today, what we could not get ASJ up to speed in a week? I just do not get it.

Does anyone seriously think we will win in Pit or Ari? 1-3 is lights out, 1-5 is lights out, season over, Fitz Jet career over and time to play Petty or Hack.

I am totally disinterested and disgusted. My football season is over in the first week of October.

Well said. The Jets were never really in this game. Wilson carved the turkey with an electric knife. I'm so tired of watching our secondary get blistered over and over and our offense stumble through another obvious and predictable "balanced" attack that wastes downs. As I knew we would, we played a cautious, scared game plan and even then Fitz couldn't hold it together. I'm already planning as well for better uses of my time on Sundays. It's actually painful to get ones hopes up of a competent performance and then watch the Jets fail to execute both at a coaching and player level. It will be a long season for those who decide to stay for the rollercoaster ride to oblivion.

5 minutes ago, Big Blocker said:

The relevance of the FO passing on Lynch should be apparent even if it is not to you.  Talk about being a fool.

See this is the problem. Some one disagrees with you and you have to resort to name calling. GFY bitch. 

14 minutes ago, JetBlue said:

See this is the problem. Some one disagrees with you and you have to resort to name calling. GFY bitch. 

HEH!  I mentioned that only a fool would take Lee and Hack knowing what we know today. I did not call you a fool.  You called me a fool for having the temerity to make that point.  You went personal first.  Your last sentence there shows I own you. 

Have a nice day.

9 minutes ago, Big Blocker said:

HEH!  I mentioned that only a fool would take Lee and Hack knowing what we know today. I did not call you a fool.  You called me a fool for having the temerity to make that point.  You went personal first.  Your last sentence there shows I own you. 

Have a nice day.

No I just get tired of dudes who have result to name calling when their argument is challenged.  You started with the only a fool nonsense as if your point of view was the only valid one. Get over yourself already.

Bowles whom I like for the most part has been very poor this year that is for sure.  I will say one thing there are a LOT of awful coaches in this league making awful decisions week in and week out.  Mind numbingly awful decisions.  Tampa game, Bucs are down by 20 points 7 minutes left in the game they have it at like the other teams 45 yard line 4th and 4  or 5, they punt.

3 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Bowles whom I like for the most part has been very poor this year that is for sure.  I will say one thing there are a LOT of awful coaches in this league making awful decisions week in and week out.  Mind numbingly awful decisions.  Tampa game, Bucs are down by 20 points 7 minutes left in the game they have it at like the other teams 45 yard line 4th and 4  or 5, they punt.

My displeasure with Bowles comes more from the lack of preparation and game planning than in-game decisions. The Jets haven't lost games because of his decisions. They've lost because EVERY UNIT has played sloppy. That's preparation and motivation.

So what do you want to do. Keep firing coaches and GMs after two seasons. You know already nobody wants to work here with this owner and attitude by some of the fan base. You know who I'm talking about like people who spend their hard earned money to rent airplanes,. Even if this season is a debacle and right now we are headed numbers wise to another 4-12. Look, I don't believe we're going to hit that low mark again. We, I think have proven we can at least beat the lesser teams. And this season a lot of teams including the Steelers have dipped and played terrible football. If you are not mentally into it and if things go wrong in a game (like bad luck, penalties, a better scheme by the opponent, receivers making unbelievable circus catches that usually they wouldn't make) it's not easy to turn it around. I mean who thought a month ago with the injuries and poor play the Mets would be in the playoffs. But things broke for them and they got lucky with a couple of minor leaguers who played over their heads. Maybe for the Jets we can get that from some unnamed player or players. So far we haven't. But if you asked me to evaluate this team for the season right now I think we're an 8-8 team but not a 4-12. 

3 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

So what do you want to do. Keep firing coaches and GMs after two seasons. You know already nobody wants to work here with this owner and attitude by some of the fan base. You know who I'm talking about like people who spend their hard earned money to rent airplanes,. Even if this season is a debacle and right now we are headed numbers wise to another 4-12. Look, I don't believe we're going to hit that low mark again. We, I think have proven we can at least beat the lesser teams. And this season a lot of teams including the Steelers have dipped and played terrible football. If you are not mentally into it and if things go wrong in a game (like bad luck, penalties, a better scheme by the opponent, receivers making unbelievable circus catches that usually they wouldn't make) it's not easy to turn it around. I mean who thought a month ago with the injuries and poor play the Mets would be in the playoffs. But things broke for them and they got lucky with a couple of minor leaguers who played over their heads. Maybe for the Jets we can get that from some unnamed player or players. So far we haven't. But if you asked me to evaluate this team for the season right now I think we're an 8-8 team but not a 4-12. 

Macc and Bowles have shown us NOTHING 

We had the easiest schedule in the league in 2015 and we couldn't make the playoffs. 

This season we are seeing the truth in both of them. 

We waited until the last minute to bring back Fitzpatrick passing on many other options. 

We drafted poorly again. 

Im not only evaluating the current situation I'm evaluating the last 47 years of failure with no end in sight. 

Week after week season after season its the same old nonsense and issues nothing changes here but the faces. 

3 hours ago, JetBlue said:

No I just get tired of dudes who have result to name calling when their argument is challenged.  You started with the only a fool nonsense as if your point of view was the only valid one. Get over yourself already.

No I was talking in general about knowing what we know now.  You are the one who went personal, and in any event saying what you said I consider far more personal than whether or not it would be foolish to still pick Lee and Hackenberg knowing what we know now.

The big problem of drafting hackenberg and the biggest mistake by Maccagnan is that he took him in the 2nd round. It is the same mistake that Idzik made with Geno. It prevents him from getting a QB early if there is one worth taking. Now it's a late round flyer pick at QB, if any, since they took a late round flyer QB in the 2nd.

This means he won't be taking a QB in the draft. Otherwise, he'd be admitting he wasted a 2nd round draft pick.

Archived